Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Dexters Secret posted:

using gamecube controllers seems kind of a clusterfuck for 8 people anyway, their cords are kinda short

8 wavebirds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Jackie D posted:

8 wavebirds

Unironically this

Also I know USB hubs exist, I just didn't know they work on the WiiU. I figured they need drivers!

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

There is no point to use gamecube controllers now that Nintendo has released the Wii U Pro Controller.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Unironically this

Also I know USB hubs exist, I just didn't know they work on the WiiU. I figured they need drivers!

The wii U has 4 usb ports so you can use 2 of those adapter htings

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
After that Bowser Jr. video I am going to clown the competition with the Nintendo Wii Wheel accessory.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ristolaz posted:

The wii U has 4 usb ports so you can use 2 of those adapter htings

Hard drive

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
nothing beats a Nintendo D Pad

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

obstipator posted:

i am going to buy a wii U in order to play smash game because it looks fun. thanks for the thread, OP

why dont y0ou have one already guy

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

why dont y0ou have one already guy

i was content with my gaystation up until just now when i realized how epic and win the Wii U is.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

obstipator posted:

i was content with my gaystation up until just now when i realized how epic and win the Wii U is.

what do you even play on ps4 it hab no game

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kewpuh posted:

truth be told,,, i dont have a playstation either. i havent bought any of the newer consoles yet since PC pretty much owns them all. But !,, now I am seeing the light that is the wii u game console's glow off my television set, and it is beautiful

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

obstipator posted:

truth be told,,, i dont have a playstation either. i havent bought any of the newer consoles yet since PC pretty much owns them all. But !,, now I am seeing the light that is the wii u game console's glow off my television set, and it is beautiful

Welcome.... To gaming's ambrosia

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Kewpuh posted:

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

Octodad. Towerfall Ascension. Mercenary Kings. Don't Starve. Resogun. Transistor.

ahah oh yea

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

super mario 3d world and mario kart 8?? ahahah piece of poo poo.. check this out *hands over copy of Towerfall Ascension*

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kewpuh posted:

super mario 3d world and mario kart 8?? ahahah piece of poo poo.. check this out *hands over copy of Towerfall Ascension*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mercury Crusader posted:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

octodad Lmfao

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think Mercenary Kings is more shameful.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

nothing beats a Nintendo D Pad

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mercury Crusader posted:

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i dont get why ppl are emptyquoting a list of steam games in this Nintendo thread.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lesbian baphomet posted:

i dont get why ppl are emptyquoting a list of steam games in this Nintendo thread.

gaming ambrosia

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

lesbian baphomet posted:

Furthermore, Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Mercury Crusader posted:

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Silver Striker posted:

I think Mercenary Kings is more shameful.

I have that game and its a F**UCKING PIECE OF poo poo

all they had to do is run and gun. Thats all i wanted. but NOOOOOO they have to have crafting and a bazillion fetch quests on the same effing three maps

also the game has encumbrance system so gently caress you if u want to use anything but lovely weapons

i regret

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a friend gave it to me when it first went early access and i got real mad when i realized it was trying to be a lovely monster hunter clone

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Furthermore, Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

a friend gave it to me when it first went early access and i got real mad when i realized it was trying to be a lovely monster hunter clone

the thing that kept it from even being a good monhun clone is that monster hunter's tracking/fleeing mechanics make a lot more sense than the monster just randomly deciding to leave, and map design that lets you actually chase it effectively.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Trolling aside why can't they do 8 player online?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Trolling aside why can't they do 8 player online?
because their netcode is poo poo

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

because their netcode is poo poo

That sucks.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

As far as I can tell if Sakurai doesn't know how a thing works everyone working with him just kind of shrugs with a hilarious exaggerated frown and no one tries to figure it out and we get a hilarious approximation of how Sakurai imagines it works

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

codenameFANGIO posted:

As far as I can tell if Sakurai doesn't know how a thing works everyone working with him just kind of shrugs with a hilarious exaggerated frown and no one tries to figure it out and we get a hilarious approximation of how Sakurai imagines it works

There's a quote from Sakurai where he is like "Doing an update for Smash Bros would be difficult because what if someone who doesn't have the update tries to play against someone who does have the update?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

There's a quote from Sakurai where he is like "Doing an update for Smash Bros would be difficult because what if someone who doesn't have the update tries to play against someone who does have the update?"
Sakurai is a dude with a lot of great ideas but he really needs to stop making home improvement grunting noises whenever someone suggests he move into the 21st century or whenever other people try to carry some of the load.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

the look of sakurai bothers me. he bothers me to look at. his face is bothersome to look upon

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurai is gorgeous :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Kewpuh posted:

• Locked thread