Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's that time of year.

New Version Pros and Cons:

Pro - Centrebacks sometimes care which side of defence they are played on!
Con - The tactics screen is a junky mess

Pro - Space Investigator!
Con - Awful ugly colour scheme

Pro - Scouting is more in-depth!
Con - It takes months to see the actual stats of unknown players.

Pro - You can set default opposition instructions for opposing players in whatever position you can imagine
Con - Opposition instructions are a waste of time.

Pro - The bigger your squad the more coaches you need. I need 4 coaches per area to avoid 'heavy' workloads in my Swansea game atm.
Con - Wayne Routledge is still terrible ffs.

Pro - Match engine uses mo-capped animations to make your paper-model players look lightly more eerily realistic.
Cons - Players will still shoot from stupid angles without fail, and make all our favourite mistakes from previous versions, plus some new ones.

IMPORTANT LINKS:

https://www.guidetofootballmanager.com - Learn what stuff does, because the game won't tell you.
https://www.sortitoutsi.net - bunch of autists mad that the game isn't a 1000GB download
http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/430-Football-Manager-2015-Data-Issues - Tell Miles why your favourite player is underrated

ESSENTIAL MODS (Your game will suck without these!!!)

Swansea City Update v1.1 - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340757148
Overrated Literal Child Mod - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340346029&searchtext=

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Don't worry I've already complained that Ben Davies is listed as 5'7 again this year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Actually this game is really good.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 25, 2014

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
How does it handle the expansion MLS teams?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Very carefully.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lost 3 games in a row so I held a team meeting to encourage them and make sure heads don't drop. Whole team revolts.

I was being nice you poo poo assholes. You just lost to loving Burnley I should have fined the lot of you.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
The Bender brothers behind Cazorla/Ozil/Sanchez make Arsenal's defence look competent and turns Danny Welbeck into a goal machine.

The only negative so far is Szczesny demanding a move to PSG without them even being in for him. He can go gently caress himself, if he's still complaining in January I'll replace him with Valdes.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

sassassin posted:

Lost 3 games in a row so I held a team meeting to encourage them and make sure heads don't drop. Whole team revolts.

I was being nice you poo poo assholes. You just lost to loving Burnley I should have fined the lot of you.

You talked to your players. What did you expect?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Zero One posted:

How does it handle the expansion MLS teams?

Allegedly they do join the league after the first season.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Ghost Cow Goes Boo posted:

The Bender brothers behind Cazorla/Ozil/Sanchez make Arsenal's defence look competent and turns Danny Welbeck into a goal machine.

The only negative so far is Szczesny demanding a move to PSG without them even being in for him. He can go gently caress himself, if he's still complaining in January I'll replace him with Valdes.

Turning Danny into a goal machine was easy. Getting the defense to look competent is what I need to figure. Admittedly I have Ramsey and Wilshere playing the holding midfielder roles, which is probably my problem.

In 20 games we've scored 63, but conceded 32. We have the defensive record of a lower mid table side despite being top.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsenal players are - as always - wildly overrated.

United are top of the league and unbeaten in my game, so clearly they are too.

Work Ball into Box instruction doesn't seem to work. Neither does my Sweeper Keeper.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gonna wait for the January patch where Diafre Sakho is the best player in the world, then win everything at a canter with West Ham

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

St Evan Echoes posted:

Gonna wait for the January patch where Diafre Sakho is the best player in the world, then win everything at a canter with West Ham

The database is 9 months old cause SI don't let their volunteer workforce make changes to player attributes over the summers they spend otherwise unemployed. It's real bad.

Also most teams don't have their own *official researcher* who is allowed to hand out whatever biased ratings he wants without oversight.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

Arsenal players are - as always - wildly overrated.

Ozil is still world class in it, yeah? I'm sure Wilshere will still develop into the best midfielder, and now Ramsey for sure and Chambers probably will do the same.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Do crosses still turn into dangerous shots on goal all the time. I really like FM14, but that was by far my biggest issue with it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

beer_war posted:

Do crosses still turn into dangerous shots on goal all the time. I really like FM14, but that was by far my biggest issue with it.

Not as often. Think I've seen it once in ~20 games.

So far it's constant offsides (and very late calls after offside goals) that are driving me nuts. Usually it's my ML/Rs too. No reason they should be offside so often.

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:
counter attack, smash direct balls up the wings = instant win every match

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The game has scheduled PL matches for me on the 26th and 28th of December, and Ki Sung Yeung has jetted of for international duty against literally no one for the whole week. Thanks, Miles!

Asian cup doesn't start till the 9th they're just having a new years piss up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

This might be the first year since whenever CM3 came out (99?) that I don't buy it. Am I... getting too old for this poo poo? :ohdear:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

If this doesn't rev your engines nothing will.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Has his Determination gone up from 10 to 17?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He also went from Balanced to Professional. Leon Britton owns.

16 year old 4-5* potential non-regen lurking in Swansea's under-18s for some reason. Never heard of the kid.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I'm just watching Jesus Navas burst past defenses with ease and then miss a shot over and over and over and over.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

flyingkiwi posted:

I'm just watching Jesus Navas burst past defenses with ease and then miss a shot over and over and over and over.

Is he also offside all the time?

Can't get Nathan Dyer to square a ball across the six yard box to save my life (and job).

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

sassassin posted:

Is he also offside all the time?

Can't get Nathan Dyer to square a ball across the six yard box to save my life (and job).

No, he bursts past people from an onside position and always has players supporting him, who he never passes to. Just punts it wildly everywhere except the goal

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Has anyone found a logo pack for FM15? or do the logo packs from previous iterations work just as well?

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Twlight posted:

Has anyone found a logo pack for FM15? or do the logo packs from previous iterations work just as well?

I haven't taken the FM15 plunge yet but I got an email from sortitoutsi a couple days ago saying that they had logo packs ready to go for this version.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Twlight posted:

Everything still works just like every year.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Got 15th and won the coca cola cup with leicester first season. Well chuffed.

Will Hughes is a beast. Also Marco Motta, seems to be a failed Juve prospect or something whos now 27 (what's his story?). He's a really good Wing Back for a club like Leicester, got him for £1m. He did me a loving job, so many assists to Ulloa. One of my best bargain signings ever in FM. He was eager to come, didn't ask for much money. Just wanted some premiership football.

Just bought Bertrand for £4.5m when his loan to Southampton ended, he should do well for me. I might have been able to negotiate that further.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 27, 2014

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I finally just saw someone pass the ball in the box, but it was to someone in a worse position.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Instant result skin got released:

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/13142/fm-2015-default-with-instant-result-button

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Almost playable now.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
If I got fm14 on sale and is my first fm ever, and I bumble around running world class organizations into the ground, is the UI and new engine enough of an improvement to pick this up when its on sale?

Does the UI make poo poo easier

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

If I got fm14 on sale and is my first fm ever, and I bumble around running world class organizations into the ground, is the UI and new engine enough of an improvement to pick this up when its on sale?

Does the UI make poo poo easier

Like every year it's not a huge overhaul but there are enough neat new features that I would find it hard to go back. How much you value roster updates and minor changes is up to you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Like sex with a condom. What's the point?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

So uh I'm losing a lot and my defenders are a tire fire, I'll just change the mentality from attacking to counter and see what *beats the best team in the division 8-0* :aaa:

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Marco Motta, seems to be a failed Juve prospect or something whos now 27 (what's his story?).

absolute garbage irl. can't cross, dribble or pass and is even worse at defending

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Fat Lowtax posted:

So uh I'm losing a lot and my defenders are a tire fire, I'll just change the mentality from attacking to counter and see what *beats the best team in the division 8-0* :aaa:

I've had a decent season through till January but I've beaten Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea and lost to Burnley, QPR and Leicester (twice) so my tactics are a bit of a nonsense. Match engine seems to favour direct attacking play so the team committing the least men forward in normal play seems to have a bit of an advantage atm.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

abuse culture. posted:

absolute garbage irl. can't cross, dribble or pass and is even worse at defending

Heh well he's doing Leicester a job, but maybe my tactic is really good at opening space down the right hand side for him and also supporting his lapses since Cambiasso always covers for him. I strengthened over summer and being in the Europa League via the League Cup helped a lot with that I think, doubt I'll be in a relegation battle now:

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sassassin posted:

Like sex with a condom. What's the point?
hello raheem

• Locked thread