Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
The match engine is prettier and there's increased depth in press interaction. The latter doesn't mean much to me personally, but it does mean I get to watch other managers melt down spectacularly in the highlights news view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Allyn posted:

£18.99 at SimplyCDKeys if anyone's interested.

says 22 for me.

Any sites that work in USD have a discount? I figure I can wait until December's sale for at least 25% off. Might have some bugs worked out by then too.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Is the editor out now? I've got about six weeks worth of data entry to do before I can start my proper career.

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
In previous versions were skins generally released that changed the tactics screen? I've only ever downloaded instant results skins in the past but will need to make an exception this year as the pitch section of that screen doesn't display best per position or player condition.

I hate having to move my eyes slightly when doing substitutions you see.

Edit: Yeah the editor was available, for me at least. Had to add the mighty (?) Salisbury FC back into non league action.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

sassassin posted:

Is the editor out now? I've got about six weeks worth of data entry to do before I can start my proper career.

Yes. So is the resource archiver and in game editor.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
Wow St Albans City made it into this game. Gonna try take them up to the Champions League

Sharrow
Aug 20, 2007

So... mediocre.
Not that I know a single thing about FM skins, but I at least figured out a way to get the role and duty back onto the tactics screen. Morale/condition/etc. didn't seem to work.

This goes in either Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\panels or Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\<skin>\panels

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isp2ugwmfleh9xl/tactics%20icon%20info%20panel.xml?dl=1

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Have Steam sorted their poo poo out this year? I'm getting 8mb/s on the game. Maybe it's just that most people aren't home from work/school yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mickolution posted:

Have Steam sorted their poo poo out this year? I'm getting 8mb/s on the game. Maybe it's just that most people aren't home from work/school yet.

Most pre-order people probably downloaded it two weeks ago.

Sharrow posted:

Not that I know a single thing about FM skins, but I at least figured out a way to get the role and duty back onto the tactics screen. Morale/condition/etc. didn't seem to work.

This goes in either Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\panels or Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\skins\<skin>\panels

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isp2ugwmfleh9xl/tactics%20icon%20info%20panel.xml?dl=1

This is cool and good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm going to release my Swansea rebalance where I make Fabianski amazing and Jonjo Shelvey thick as poo poo to the wider steam community.

edit: I have looked at some of the ratings of squad players at Liverpool and Newcastle and the like and had a lol and a cry.

I felt bad about upping Gylfi's PA to 150, but that's not getting him near Liverpool's squad.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 7, 2014

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
How is Classic mode on this? I haven't played since 13 where I put a few hours into Classic, tried starting a full game a while ago and got bored straight away.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mark-p87 posted:

How is Classic mode on this? I haven't played since 13 where I put a few hours into Classic, tried starting a full game a while ago and got bored straight away.

You have more choice over what leagues to load this year. Before you had to choose 3 countries max, now it lets you do whatever just as in a normal game, so you can have all the major top divisions running properly if that's your jam.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I really wanna get into this game, but I ran Arsenal into the ground last year in 14, and the game was really confusing. 15s UI looks more friendly. I didnt play classic in 14, would it be a better game for a new person to try, or is it MORE complicated?

Also what are like the big differences?

Cutsman
Apr 11, 2005

scissors on his fucking head

hahahahaha

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waroduce posted:

I really wanna get into this game, but I ran Arsenal into the ground last year in 14, and the game was really confusing. 15s UI looks more friendly. I didnt play classic in 14, would it be a better game for a new person to try, or is it MORE complicated?

Also what are like the big differences?

I've not played much classic but some of the biggest differences are:

No big staff management. You just have one of each type.
No tactical familiarity to build up. Change tactics as you like without suffering a performance hit.
Simpler training schedules.
Some sort of cash shop for cheats boosts idk.
Instant result button.
Can't use database mods.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Cutsman posted:

hahahahaha

Nice spelling error, 'movemeber'.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
A lot of my players are complaining about training and I have no idea why, one of the common complaints was not enough coaching so I hired an extra guy but no luck.

How do you make a good training regime?

I like the Movember thing :)

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I got stuck in a loop of corners where we'd clear the ball behind after each one was taken, resulting in another one, about seven or eight times until the other team finally scored

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cutsman posted:

hahahahaha

That owns

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Charlie Mopps posted:

PC Gamer gave it a 61, complaining about the power of crossing and big target men this year and how scouting now sucks. Also, all his complaints disappeared once he switched to Classic Mode. :lol:

Well, he has a point about crosses and long balls. Looking through the forums, it seems SI acknowledged the issue and are working on it. As usual, an FM game isn't really "done" until the final patch.

(You'd think I would have learned not to buy it until then, but nooo....)

beer_war fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Nov 9, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

angry armadillo posted:

A lot of my players are complaining about training and I have no idea why, one of the common complaints was not enough coaching so I hired an extra guy but no luck.

How do you make a good training regime?

I like the Movember thing :)

Unlike previous years you can't just put one coach on each area and have 'light' workloads (this was supposedly a bug that no one noticed or cared about till now).

You need to assign more than one (sometimes 4 or 5 if you have a very large squad) coaches to each discipline to reduce the workload from Heavy to Average, with each coach you employ working a number of areas. This makes it harder to get high star ratings in every discipline immediately (and then never look at training again).

If left at heavy players will complain about the lack of personal attention they receive from the overworked coach.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This game seems really dumb, like form doesn't matter at all. I can come off the back of a 6 game winning streak, play at home to relegation candidates, and not manage to even get a single shot away. Then the next week we go and beat Liverpool or something, its stupid as heck and just all of a sudden your team turns to absolute poo poo for a game.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

This game seems really dumb, like form doesn't matter at all. I can come off the back of a 6 game winning streak, play at home to relegation candidates, and not manage to even get a single shot away. Then the next week we go and beat Liverpool or something, its stupid as heck and just all of a sudden your team turns to absolute poo poo for a game.

"Don't get complacent"

Also relegation candidates will play differently than teams that think they're as good or better than you. You need different tactics to break down teams that just defend and don't leave space behind.

Let me know when you work it out. Burnley and Leicester beat me every time.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Honestly I think it's something that will get fixed in a patch, its just that every 2 months or so my entire team forget how to complete a 6 yard pass

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

poo poo sounds broken. Again.

Didn't SI used to build on the same match system for years at a time so it wasnt broken garbage every single year?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Getting back into FM, the last I played was 13 then a long time before that.

How do I solve my clubs financial issues? Took over the reins of Burton, got promoted to League 1, but the club is losing like 300k a year. The board also keep increasing my transfer and wage budget. Seriously guys, aren't you meant to be not running the club into an irretrievable financial black hole?

I sold my best Winger Markus Harness for 500k with options moving to 1 million which should sort out of a lot of the issues in the short term. I spend nothing on transfers and have about 300k in the pot there (thanks expiring contracts and youth) and am operating 5k under my wage budget of 35k. How can I get more income so I'm not constantly wracked with guilt over the fictional finances of a computer game soccer club?

His replacement and the second best player in the team just broke his foot and the third best player is now also injured so this might solve itself when we get relegated and I get fired.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hooman posted:

How do I solve my clubs financial issues? Took over the reins of Burton, got promoted to League 1, but the club is losing like 300k a year. The board also keep increasing my transfer and wage budget. Seriously guys, aren't you meant to be not running the club into an irretrievable financial black hole?

I sold my best Winger Markus Harness for 500k with options moving to 1 million which should sort out of a lot of the issues in the short term. I spend nothing on transfers and have about 300k in the pot there (thanks expiring contracts and youth) and am operating 5k under my wage budget of 35k. How can I get more income so I'm not constantly wracked with guilt over the fictional finances of a computer game soccer club?

His replacement and the second best player in the team just broke his foot and the third best player is now also injured so this might solve itself when we get relegated and I get fired.

Spend what they give you and hope you get bought out

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

dkj posted:

poo poo sounds broken. Again.

Didn't SI used to build on the same match system for years at a time so it wasnt broken garbage every single year?

No. It's always been buggy and weird.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

julian assflange posted:

Spend what they give you and hope you get bought out

Alternatively:

:negative:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Almost finished rebalancing Swansea's first team, just got to assess the youth setup and sort out skins and graphics and swot up on my tactics and maybe I'll start a game before christmas.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Two months in to the season now to my promoted Conference side and almost none of my players are match-fit. Some severely so. What am I loving up? This happened at the beginning of last season too, until sometime in November or something like that suddenly everyone got and stayed fit. Have they just borked the the changes for non-league sides?

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

hooman posted:

football is about spending more money than you have and praying you hit the giant pot of gold that is premier league tv money before you go bust

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Revenant Threshold posted:

Two months in to the season now to my promoted Conference side and almost none of my players are match-fit. Some severely so. What am I loving up? This happened at the beginning of last season too, until sometime in November or something like that suddenly everyone got and stayed fit. Have they just borked the the changes for non-league sides?

are your side still part time (or are most of the players still on their old part-time contracts)? your players train less frequently and gain match fitness at a much slower rate if they are

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Babby Thatcher posted:

football is about spending more money than you have and praying you hit the giant pot of gold that is premier league tv money before you go bust

Alternatively all my midfielders and attacking midfielders can die and I'm reduced to playing a weird formation with a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds, and yet performing much better than last season.

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Was going well as Arsenal until I lost the League Cup final to Spurs, then got knocked out of the FA Cup and Champs League, then proceeding to fail to win 7 league games on the trot. I'm now on course to finish comfortably 4th assuming I can stop this utter collapse. This is the most realistic FM ever.

Anyone got advice on how to get Ozil to be not poo poo? He appears to have perfect stats for an advanced playmaker behind the striker, but frankly does gently caress all and hasn't got a single MOTM in 40 games (again, realistic). Cazorla meanwhile is poo poo hot.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bloodbath posted:

Was going well as Arsenal until I lost the League Cup final to Spurs, then got knocked out of the FA Cup and Champs League, then proceeding to fail to win 7 league games on the trot. I'm now on course to finish comfortably 4th assuming I can stop this utter collapse. This is the most realistic FM ever.

Anyone got advice on how to get Ozil to be not poo poo? He appears to have perfect stats for an advanced playmaker behind the striker, but frankly does gently caress all and hasn't got a single MOTM in 40 games (again, realistic). Cazorla meanwhile is poo poo hot.

How many players do you have charging into the box for him to pass to? I haven't looked at their attributes but Cazorla probably has more long shots and other individual ability to get ratings. At least 3 non-playmaker attack roles around him would be the minimum imo, with at least one from deep to avoid being marked early (obviously Rambo).

I've had a lot of trouble getting Gylfi to contribute in that AMC position, too. Decent ratings out barely any assists or goals (apart from set pieces) to take the headlines. Might end up dropping him back to CM-A, which was easily the best attacking midfield role in 14.

It's less about the role of the player and more the roles of the players around them. Teams are probably setting up deep against you and crowding him out, too, if not specifically man marking him. Maybe let him roam.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Downloaded the demo yesterday. Player search took me an absolute age to find, I still don't understand the point of the tracksuit/tactical manager creator at the start, and unless I've finally gone completely senile it looks like they removed player positions from selection view in tactics, which what???. Actually the whole process of substitutions (those loving circles, not organised by who's best for the position in matchday view) is completely borked and very unintutitive, while I'm at it.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Adrianics posted:

I still don't understand the point of the tracksuit/tactical manager creator at the start

You can assign yourself to coaching assignments now.

Going tracksuit manager allows you to distribute more points to the training attributes, this is useful in the lower leagues where you have a very limited amount of staff to work with.

If you go tactical you get more points to spend on mental attributes, mousing over the various categories on the creation screen gives you an idea of the effect they have (Discipline stops players coming to you with minor issues, something else increases the chances of board requests etc etc).

The new interface in general is pretty poo poo though, all the screens just look really busy now. The side bar takes up far too much screen space. If they were single icons maybe it would be less intrusive, or if it had an auto-hide function. I don't really understand the decision behind moving what was the short cuts bar that use to sit across the top and arbitrarily moving it to the side. Not having player roles visible on the tactics screen is really dumb as well.

Lower leagues seem bonkers in general too, in the first three games of my second season I won 7-1, 7-2 and 5-1. I also won another game 9-3 (pretty sure I was losing 3-1 at half time), the defending and goalkeeping is awful.

Stotty fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

http://www.vice.com/read/football-manager-greg-johnson-322

decent vice article.

Makes us look a little nuts. :shrug:

• Locked thread