Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I agree. Those are some of the challenges they would face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
They probably want to make sure the games work 100% or not at all, which is fair enough. They already have enough of a reputation for the games being unplayable before February.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Well from last year to this all the coaching staff would be missing visual data for appearing on the sidelines, all your set-pieces would need to be done from scratch, new rivalries data would likely cause problems etc.

CA/PA weighting changes year on year so all your player attributes would change, too.

None of these are insurmountable. Save games carrying over is the one feature I actually really want them to add, and it seems totally doable considering how little of the important stuff actually changes from version to version.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What other games do backwards save compatibility? It's a huge amount of work, and every little change they make engine-side would have to be back-checked against the previous year's version. If you think we get few enough new features each year now...

Even games like Mass Effect which imported only a couple dozen yes/no tags into a new story didn't get it working properly.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I play short term saves these days with initial transfer budget off, it's making the game a lot more fun for me.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

sassassin posted:

What other games do backwards save compatibility? It's a huge amount of work, and every little change they make engine-side would have to be back-checked against the previous year's version. If you think we get few enough new features each year now...

Even games like Mass Effect which imported only a couple dozen yes/no tags into a new story didn't get it working properly.

Inside the genre, Out of the Park Baseball allows you to import a save from year to year. So does the MLB The Show, which maybe means baseball is just easier to do.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2568979-andros-townsends-girlfriend-thinks-he-was-fined-because-of-football-manager

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lmao

reminds me of joey barton ragequitting football manager because he got in a big fight with the in-game version of himself

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Some more 2016 features announced, including great features like insured player salaries when injured and manager reputation now being on a 20 point scale!1!!

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
If anybody is planning on actually buying it, it's £26.95 on Greenmangaming at the moment, using the voucher code "SAVE23-WITHGM-GSEP15"

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I wonder if it will be possible to sign staff on a contract starting at a later date than "immediate." For example when your rear end man will retire at the end of the season and you need a replacement.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Charlie Mopps posted:

Some more 2016 features announced, including great features like insured player salaries when injured and manager reputation now being on a 20 point scale!1!!

Uggg. Maybe it's just whoever is taking screenshots is working on a 800x600 screen but the new UI looks horrible.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zero One posted:

Uggg. Maybe it's just whoever is taking screenshots is working on a 800x600 screen but the new UI looks horrible.

Miles says we can see proper res screens when we buy the game, the arrogant gently caress.

It's ugly as sin and I won't be buying it on release.

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

sassassin posted:

Miles says we can see proper res screens when we buy the game, the arrogant gently caress.

It's ugly as sin and I won't be buying it on release.

They've had two good releases without major unplayable bugs, fm 2010 and 2015, 2 out of 5

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
I have been telling myself im not going to buy a new version of the game on release since like 2005 and yet i got them all. :negative:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

MrKonarski posted:

They've had two good releases without major unplayable bugs, fm 2010 and 2015, 2 out of 5

I remember 08 being good but maybe I'm just forgetting what was horribly wrong with that one

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

Bogan Krkic posted:

I remember 08 being good but maybe I'm just forgetting what was horribly wrong with that one

Can't remember, however, did they release any version without a corner bug ?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I haven't stumbled upon one for 15, but I also haven't gone looking for one so there might be something obvious I'm missing.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sassassin posted:

I won't be buying it on release.

Liar.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

I don't think I am lying. We will see.

I'm not making a new thread, either, so someone else get on that when the time feels right.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

I had a lot of fun with FM08 but all my players were loving done by the age of 33. Previously pacy, fit and professional players would be on 6 pace and acceleration on their 34th birthday.

FM15 is just really, really good.

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

Walton Simons posted:

I had a lot of fun with FM08 but all my players were loving done by the age of 33. Previously pacy, fit and professional players would be on 6 pace and acceleration on their 34th birthday.

FM15 is just really, really good.

Except for the fact that AI can't handle any tactic with 3 attackers, I agree.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MrKonarski posted:

Except for the fact that AI can't handle any tactic with 3 attackers, I agree.
I almost got my poo poo totally wrecked by a very average Milan playing 3 up top. Eventually using limited fullbacks man-marking the wider strikers stopped them from carving me open, but god drat I was being ruined until then

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Fonte got sent off in 17th minute and the resulting penalty made it 1-1. I took off Davis DLP for Caulker at CB, and then decided to just carry on the tiki taka and let Wanyama and Ward-Prowse handle it, instead of changing to my defensive tactic. loving love them two, it's not the kinda thing the stats show, you just have to see it in the match engine. Well I guess the possession stat helps.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 21, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Posting to unlock the ghost post

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Do you guys mean 3 actual strikers on the very top line?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Do you guys mean 3 actual strikers on the very top line?
Thats what I meant. Three central strikers. Makes a back four collectively poo poo the bed

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

By poo poo the bed do you mean all put in <6.0 performances and constantly give the ball away to the strikers? I've seen something similar with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in certain circumstances.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Never done 3 actual CFs though that sounds like some weird consistent diablo tactic stuff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Fonte got sent off in 17th minute and the resulting penalty made it 1-1. I took off Davis DLP for Caulker at CB, and then decided to just carry on the tiki taka and let Wanyama and Ward-Prowse handle it, instead of changing to my defensive tactic. loving love them two, it's not the kinda thing the stats show, you just have to see it in the match engine. Well I guess the possession stat helps.

Tremmel starting and 5th choice 17 year old on the bench. What is Garry doing?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

By poo poo the bed do you mean all put in <6.0 performances and constantly give the ball away to the strikers? I've seen something similar with 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 in certain circumstances.
They literally can't hold the line, there's always a massive gap for one of the three strikers to get a nice clear run at goal

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

sassassin posted:

Tremmel starting and 5th choice 17 year old on the bench. What is Garry doing?

Nordfelt and Fabianski were injured. Injuries are being nerfed in 16 it might be worth it just for that. He did get the same rating as Stekelenburg though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Oh, it's an updated database. 7th choice 17 year old. Monk out.

Injuries are being made "more realistic". Miles was quick to point out that this doesn't mean "fewer".

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Miles is a twat then. :boom:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

But nah injuries need more stuff but they also need to be fewer imo. I never train my players hard anymore.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think a big problem with 15 was that the ai would overwork their squads to get tactical familiarity up as soon as possible (which had been necessary in 14 but no longer) which is suicide given the changes 15 made to injuries and player condition/recovery. They'd also rush players back to first team action after a lay off which, again, is not a great idea in 15.

Player side, injury rates were fine and perfectly manageable unless you're an idiot. It's the ai that will be reworked imo.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Never done 3 actual CFs though that sounds like some weird consistent diablo tactic stuff.

Yeah, I don't think I'd play with 3 centre forwards unless I was deliberately trying to break the game, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, though. Not like a few versions a goal when I'd accidently get 40 goal a season centrebacks

MrKonarski
May 9, 2012

Walton Simons posted:

Yeah, I don't think I'd play with 3 centre forwards unless I was deliberately trying to break the game, doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, though. Not like a few versions a goal when I'd accidently get 40 goal a season centrebacks

The thing is that 3 man defenses ( Or even 2 man defenses with a halfback DM ) Work pretty well now, so you have one or two spare places to use in your formation

Edit : you'd think that after 5 versions they would fix the French crammed schedule if you are on your way to win all but no way http://imgur.com/315bSfP

MrKonarski fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 21, 2015

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/52157-player-attributes-explained.html

This is a pretty nifty breakdown of attributes. But as you'd guess, good mental's are more important then finishing and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I scanned the first two paragraphs and it's already wrong.

• Locked thread