Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Yeah that looks like superstitions to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

sassassin posted:

I scanned the first two paragraphs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I did.

Determination isn't "the length of time the player puts in an effort in a match", it's used along with Pressure to dictate how a player will react to negative situations like going behind in a game.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I have a player who wants a new challenge, he's good to have around as a rotation option and a tutor but I didn't want to annoy half the squad by keeping him against his will so I caved and said he could leave when he asked me about it. Do I actually have to make sure he moves on or is it enough to just transfer list him?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Walton Simons posted:

I have a player who wants a new challenge, he's good to have around as a rotation option and a tutor but I didn't want to annoy half the squad by keeping him against his will so I caved and said he could leave when he asked me about it. Do I actually have to make sure he moves on or is it enough to just transfer list him?

I think some consideration is made for allowing them to speak with other clubs, even if a deal breaks down, but expect some sort of strop if he doesn't go.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I'll make sure to offer him out for his asking price, in that case.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Started a City game with no initial budget but planning on strengthening in January and I scouted a bunch of young world class players to see who is unhappy etc, who I've been keeping a close eye on, also been watching the realistic transfers page. Alaba had no interest in joining the club.

Get drawn Bayern in the CL group, Mourinho them 1-0 twice (once off a setpiece), Alaba is now "extremely interested in joining" even though he's happy and then I saw Ronaldo and Messi appear as realistic transfers!

What's going on here did my reputation get quickly increased? My idea of reputation in this game was that it lags behind you if anything.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
:lol: They're promoting "new formations" on twitter as an FM16 feature.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Still playing FM14 like a caveman. Don't judge, I always wait for the prices to come down.

Anyway, in my Bayern Munich file, my reserves team was doing poo poo so I sacked the manager and am now pulling double-duty to save them from relegation. loving useless scrubs.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Silva AP-A on left wing, De Bruyne AP-S in the middle, and Sterling W-A on the right wing, is making the title a joke they are #1 #2 and #3 in the assists table, hopefully the CL is still fun when I get to Barca etc. If I don't win at least 2 trophies with this team I'm gonna be ashamed of myself.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

My sugar daddied academy-only challenge is fun, successive promotions to League 2, including my first ever playoff win in about 12 attempts as Barrow. Really talented players but lots of mentally weak or slow players I'd never sign so the challenge is there because I'm terrible at lower league unless I can resort to flattening opposing forwards and hoofing it over the top for speedy strikers to run onto.

Struggled in the Conference until I hit upon a great tactic and won every game in the run-in. Flexible, counter, very high line, more closing down.

code:
                DLF (A)
IF (A)          AM (A)        IF (A)
           DLP (D) BWM (S)

FB (A)       BPD(D)    CD(D)      FB(A)
                 SK (S)
Getting over 60% possession in League 2 and look Championship Burnley to penalties.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Walton Simons posted:

My sugar daddied academy-only challenge
Sounds fun, how does this work? You give yourself a sugar daddy but are only allowed to use youth players to replace players?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I did something similar on FM12 (I think? gently caress knows) - I went into the editor and created a Conference South team with perfect facilities, a perfect chairman, a huge pile of money etc but I never signed a player.

The first couple years were a joke but eventually the difficulty curve ramped up as we were in the Championship, the three best players were left backs and everyone was like 20 years old. There's a create-a-team feature in FM16 so more people will probably do something similar.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Walton Simons posted:

My sugar daddied academy-only challenge is fun, successive promotions to League 2, including my first ever playoff win in about 12 attempts as Barrow. Really talented players but lots of mentally weak or slow players I'd never sign so the challenge is there because I'm terrible at lower league unless I can resort to flattening opposing forwards and hoofing it over the top for speedy strikers to run onto.

Struggled in the Conference until I hit upon a great tactic and won every game in the run-in. Flexible, counter, very high line, more closing down.

code:
                DLF (A)
IF (A)          AM (A)        IF (A)
           DLP (D) BWM (S)

FB (A)       BPD(D)    CD(D)      FB(A)
                 SK (S)
Getting over 60% possession in League 2 and look Championship Burnley to penalties.

This is nice, I like the high press tactics too. Who's this Conference defender that does a job as a BPD though? Does he not gently caress you over playing his way out of trouble, or does it just all end up as hoofing it "playing long balls"?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

It works by giving the club a great chairman, no players and perfect facilities in the editor before picking the option to generate players where none exist when starting a new game. It acts like I have a world class academy plus a handful of older players. Fortunately two of the older players generated were CDs so I can play out from the back and press hard.

In my head people call us Barrowcelona.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

This is nice, I like the high press tactics too. Who's this Conference defender that does a job as a BPD though? Does he not gently caress you over playing his way out of trouble, or does it just all end up as hoofing it "playing long balls"?

The BPD has a playmaker right in front of him that will limit his long passing by being the automatic preferred option.

Ball-playing centre backs can actually be a safer option in the lower leagues as your thick, panicky clogger gets more options with the ball and won't resort to pointless hoofs up the field quite so often.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ah ok. This kid was regenned in my intake, introduced to me as "possibly one of the best players of his generation", but he is "fairly inconsistent" and "doesn't enjoy big matches" is that a crippling flaw, will he overcome it with age? Currently giving him heavy Quickness training to then later switch to AP-A is that the right choice?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Consistency can improve, Important Matches can't iirc.

I wouldn't bother with a lot of speed training. His dribbling isn't good enough to use it in his position, and his starting values are pretty good anyway. At his age pace & accel will improve plenty.

Get him on the weights instead. Once strength goes up a few points he'll be good enough to play in the first team fairly regularly. Or work on his weak foot.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
boro with updated squads are real good and can pretty much destroy the championship.

pretty good feeling.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

Consistency can improve, Important Matches can't iirc.

I wouldn't bother with a lot of speed training. His dribbling isn't good enough to use it in his position, and his starting values are pretty good anyway. At his age pace & accel will improve plenty.

Get him on the weights instead. Once strength goes up a few points he'll be good enough to play in the first team fairly regularly. Or work on his weak foot.

I never bother with strength training for u18s, their strength stat normally goes up by like 5 naturally once they hit 18 or 19

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Bogan Krkic posted:

I never bother with strength training for u18s, their strength stat normally goes up by like 5 naturally once they hit 18 or 19

You need to take advantage of their spiking hormones and bulk them up young. You're wasting valuable testosterone.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Given how realistic fm is im surprised theres not a doping option

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

sassassin posted:

You need to take advantage of their spiking hormones and bulk them up young. You're wasting valuable testosterone.

They end up strong as hell already!

Waroduce posted:

Given how realistic fm is im surprised theres not a doping option

Football is a clean sport

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Does anyone have any advice for dealing with 11 behind the ball?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

It's more fun playing big teams lately than I thought, ain't done it since playing as Milan in the 90s when I was a dumb kid.

Had an idea for a high tempo possession tactic with Barca, seems a bit shakey at the back.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with 11 behind the ball?

Go defensive to slow the tempo and take less risks, but put more men into positions high up the field. Patiently wait for openings.

Or switch off "work ball into area" and let the lads shoot from distance.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
Just checked out this thread since I'm anticipating FM16, I skipped 15 since I tend to do that every couple years.

MrKonarski posted:

The thing is that 3 man defenses ( Or even 2 man defenses with a halfback DM ) Work pretty well now, so you have one or two spare places to use in your formation

Edit : you'd think that after 5 versions they would fix the French crammed schedule if you are on your way to win all but no way http://imgur.com/315bSfP

I often pick low league English squads, even going so far as to mod in extra low amateur tiers. 3 at the back has always made perfect sense to me, since every opponent is in 4-4-2 you can always mark 2 strikers with an extra man at the back. This has lead to me ending up with 3 center forwards at different points. I really like making gimmicky huge man squads with 3 giant CB's and 2 target men.

Speaking of FM, anyone remember Jabuti in FM10? Dude was godlike in the BSP. Easily one of my favorite footballers ever. :allears: I hope I can find a similar gem in the next version.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

The implementation of Sweeper Keeper-Attack is hilariously pointless, hopefully 16 let's you do some cool poo poo with that role.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I think I hosed up slightly in my save. Playing in the MLS, I had a salary cap crisis, so I loaned out one of my high salary players for six months with no option to recall. Now, all my players are pissed that I'm trying to "force him out of the club." What the gently caress.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
L1 was pretty crazy last season...

18 points between 1st and 2nd and 24 points between 2nd and 3rd. And one team managed to survive relegation with only 8 wins.

Also Laurent Blanc was BEGGING in the press for Barcelona to hire him as their new manager but they offered it to me without me even interested in the job. :smug:

Edit: I have twice as many wins as 3rd place.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 15, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You also appear to have gone unbeaten. :golfclap:

I was super bummed that I lost 1 game in an EPL season one time. :(

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The implementation of Sweeper Keeper-Attack is hilariously pointless, hopefully 16 let's you do some cool poo poo with that role.

I'm doing an academy-only challenge at the moment so maybe it's just my keeper but even with the sweeper keeper (support) role he never, ever does anything a standard keeper wouldn't. He's often rooted to his six yard box when any keeper anywhere really should be going after the ball.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Walton Simons posted:

I'm doing an academy-only challenge at the moment so maybe it's just my keeper but even with the sweeper keeper (support) role he never, ever does anything a standard keeper wouldn't. He's often rooted to his six yard box when any keeper anywhere really should be going after the ball.

SK-A is the best and only option.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I've been using SK-A for a few saves now with different keepers including Ter Stegen and while it's cool sometimes it can be really weird, especially when you're in possession and your DLP does a backpass because the keeper will wait for it to roll into his box, then dribble the ball out of the box to where he should have initially run to, hope that makes sense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Miles was on one of the latest Football Weekly podcasts

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I quit Napoli after three scudettos and CLs, assembling the finest squad in the world. Mourinho rocks up and has sold 8 of the starting squad for nothing :(

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Now that I need a new challenge, has anyone ever tried with Paris FC? I'm thinking that as a desirable high population area with only one big club it is ripe for some great youth player ownage?

It's currently semi-pro though...

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

julian assflange posted:

I quit Napoli after three scudettos and CLs, assembling the finest squad in the world. Mourinho rocks up and has sold 8 of the starting squad for nothing :(

This is the worst thing that FM does. Its why i can never switch teams.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Just pre-ordered FM16... I can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbaba
Aug 4, 2006
Is the beta available with pre-order yet, or is that this weekend?

• Locked thread