Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I'm deeply amused (and pleasantly surprised!) that SI bothered to code an expansion draft to stock the new MLS teams when it will in all likelihood be used once per save and then never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Last year the instant result button meant that your rear end man got awards instead of you iirc

This has never happened while I've been using instant result in any version, it always gave me credit for stuff like team talks and manager awards. It's holidaying that gives your assman the credit.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Isn't the idea mostly that high determination tends to come along with hidden attributes that actually do influence development (Professionalism, etc.) so the attribute is more useful as a signal than as an actual attribute?

(also, speaking of development, what's the difference in the CA/PA star ratings between, say, "three stars, fourth star is black" and "three stars, fourth star is grey"?)

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Mandalay posted:

A custom skin I downloaded a while ago won't show up after the latest patch. Not sure why. Maybe these are related.

The latest major patch changed something about how skins are loaded so skins from before it need a small change to the XML files before they'll show up. SI didn't really announce this beforehand because :iiam:, but they posted instructions on the forums [url=" http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/413341-Important-Skins-in-FM15.2"]here[/url].

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 27, 2014

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Telex posted:

Okay for the maybe five people who give a poo poo:

If you start as NYC FC or Orlando City at Jan 2014 and you sim through 2014 (goes fast, sorta boring) you get a 10-player expansion draft (very surprised that made it in the game). You don't get the MLS Re-Entry Drafts. You do get to fight for Chivas USA's castaways when that team dissolves.

(...)

If I were doing it again, I'd just start Dec 2014 and just hire whatever staff is lying around. It can't be much of a difference in Jan or December really.

I start all my saves in MLS and am uncomfortably anal about starting my games around the same time that the relevant transfer database reflects, and so I'm rather used to this setup issue: what I tend to do is find the latest possible start date given the countries I have loaded (it will usually be Australia's August 2014 start date, but maybe Brazil gets a December 2014?) then start a dummy manager and holiday until the day I actually want to start, then add my real manager then.

In my games the AI has been kind of dumb about their expansion drafts - particularly, way too many keepers - so if you actually want to play NYCFC or OCSC, I recommend actually being in charge of them before the expansion draft (which will be about three days after MLS Cup, around December 6th-7th.) Maybe the recent patch's change to MLS teams' roster management AI will help with this but I wouldn't be terribly optimistic.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I can only seem to search by what my scouts know, which is pretty poo poo, rather than all the players loaded.

What's weird is I only noticed this last night, I've been playing for a few weeks now...

Hadn't that screen always been limited by scouting/knowledge though? It says so right in that 14 screenshot.

Maybe I'm not getting exactly what you mean, but if you want a global person search the best you can probably do is the global name search on the top bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I will never get tired of players getting their heads turned by clubs "offering a chance to play in the Europa League" when I've made the CL two years running or demanding promises that I'll win the league title literally a week after I've won a domestic treble.

Just say you want to move to a bigger club, kid. You'll still rot with the U23s until someone meets my insane asking price but at least I'll respect you.

• Locked thread