Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
hating the nes castlevanias is stupid, yes

but saying castlevania 4 is the best castlevania is an entire new level of stupid, it's like super stupid saiyan level 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

is that the first gba game that's way too loving dark or the second one with the neon puke colors as a direct response to the first

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

castlevania 4 is loving stupid, sub weapons are useless and the whip is like half the screen in size, goes in every direction and doesn't have the same vulnerable start-up that other games had

combine that with all the silly tech demo WHOAH LOOK AT THIS MODE SEVEN WE CAN DO ON THE SUPER NINTENDO where you sit on hooks and watch neat stuff happen in the background and it's basically a 2D god of war

rondo of blood (which has a regular PC version with english translation that works perfectly on modern OS) is better in every single way possible. It takes all the kinda janky but cool controls/movement from the original game and instead of throwing them into the dumpster improves them while still keeping the specific pacing/decision making that made the original game stand out.

also for you babbies that can't deal with castlevania platforming it lets you play as a little anime girl who can double jump, making it the direct inspiration for that mode in the new ninja gaidens where you have to wear a big girly ribbon in order to get weaker enemies

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 25, 2014

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

would play castlevania ii: blackulas curse, the curse is that the police come out at night and treat simon belmont as if he was black even though he's white

what about a blaxploitation castlevania where blackula has revived in 1970's harlem and it's up to the pimp dolemite belmont to stop him and The Man that revived him

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I'm sorry I need to be the bearer of bad news, but that game you liked is actually total bullshit only idiot morons enjoy

it happens to everyone

• Locked thread