Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's sincerely cool that there's going to be some kind of system to upgrade your villa that can only be achieved through world PVP. And no flying mounts too,

I'm torn on the no flying mounts. Exploring in vanilla was extremely cool and it's a shame that it's basically gone with you can just fly everywhere. On the other hand a lot of the zones blizzard designed to be done without flight are pretty bad. I'm hopeful that they can do a good job in Warlords of Draenor, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dexters Secret posted:

server merges saved planetside 2 but obviously that's a special case

f2p is a bit different with that stuff

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Play Final Fantasy Fourteen: A Realm Reborn.

better suggestion: don't

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Coolguye posted:

better suggestion: don't

Better suggestion: Do play FFXIV. It's a good game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

Better suggestion: Do play FFXIV. It's a good game.

Your statement is in direct contradiction with the fact that it is an MMO.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Your statement is in direct contradiction with the fact that it is an MMO.

MMOs can be, and have been, good.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

MMOs can be, and have been, good.

yikes

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Return to Batman's Shameful Secret, sadbrains weirdo.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Return to Batman's Shameful Secret, sadbrains weirdo.

Oh poo poo a callout by an MMO player

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

Oh poo poo a callout by an MMO player

Unlike you, I don't discriminate against people based on what genres of video games they play. It's called being a true gamer, not a Games poster.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
MMOwns

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

Unlike you, I don't discriminate against people based on what genres of video games they play. It's called being a true gamer, not a Games poster.

Yeah but MMO players don't view MMOs as a game, they view it as a life replacement, see Star Citizen.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
MMOs can be and have been good but FF14 is not one of those games

try going back to an old school UO shard where the experience of playing the game was unique and fun. it was like being thrown into a junkyard with a bunch of other people and basically told to have fun and work your poo poo out if you had any problems. people got their feelings hurt and their shitholes rebuilt but who cares? if you never want to have your feelings hurt or your poo poo ruined there's already a genre out there for you, it's called the jrpg.

FF14 and WoW and every other tired loving everquest wannabe is more like being thrown into a preschool playground where everything is made out of padded foam so nobody gets hurt and there are rules plastered on everything and if you break a rule everyone else in 100 feet of you starts screaming bloody loving murder until you get taken away by the gestapo

eve comes closest to being good because the game lets you do effectively whatever you want. of course that's not even good because you spend dozens of hours pissing into your own mouth before you can actually do anything fun or play the game so whoops they hosed it up too

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Some games are lesser than others. You can't hide behind the Games forum boogeyman to defend your bad taste.

Liking things indiscriminately regardless of quality is a trait of the normie. Here in the zone we should be cultivating more remind tastes than "sucking actual, literal fecal matter off the floor."

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Coolguye posted:

eve comes closest to being good because the game lets you do effectively whatever you want.

Good lord. The AIDS has infested your pathetic sad brain.

ForeverSmug posted:

Some games are lesser than others. You can't hide behind the Games forum boogeyman to defend your bad taste.

Liking things indiscriminately regardless of quality is a trait of the normie. Here in the zone we should be cultivating more remind tastes than "sucking actual, literal fecal matter off the floor."

And yet all you can do is repost things other Imps have said. You aren't capable of independent thought.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

ForeverSmug posted:

Your username is appropriate.

It's kind of sad you haven't felt the enjoyment of chilling out with some efriends and getting into the groove of killing some goblins or chinamen or evil white corporatists or whatever.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Good lord. The AIDS has infested your pathetic sad brain.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Kylra posted:

Your username is appropriate.

It's kind of sad you haven't felt the enjoyment of chilling out with some efriends and getting into the groove of killing some goblins or chinamen or evil white corporatists or whatever.

My favorite thing about him is that he probably has no idea of what an MMO actually is, he just read some other post on the Imp Zone calling them bad and now he desperately wants to fit in. I think he should go back to posting about extremely weird anime and getting probated.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah but MMO players don't view MMOs as a game, they view it as a life replacement, see Star Citizen.

way to project

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper is extremely mad at MMOs and most other things because he is completely senile and his wife is throwing out all his video games. It's really funny to me how you can read basically any of his posts and they're these insane delusions or outright lies which he later tearfully tries to pass off as him being the puppetmaster.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Silver Striker posted:

The Taint Reaper is extremely mad at MMOs and most other things because he is completely senile and his wife is throwing out all his video games. It's really funny to me how you can read basically any of his posts and they're these insane delusions or outright lies which he later tearfully tries to pass off as him being the puppetmaster.

he also freaks out about mobas constantly

I like how so many people here say "just play games and have fun" but the second you mention a genre they don't like you get dogpiled

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I like how so many people here say "just play games and have fun" but the second you mention a genre they don't like you get dogpiled

Agreed. I enjoy playing video games. For example, I don't enjoy sports video games (there are some exceptions of course, NFL Blitz on the N64 is epic), but if I see someone who enjoys them I respect them as a fellow gamer and go on with my life.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Uh excuse me, moba players freak out about Mobas. It's why the community is so vile for every moba.

Silver Striker posted:

You're getting pretty defensive about MMOs, friend.

Now if you said critical I would agree, but mad no.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh excuse me, moba players freak out about Mobas. It's why the community is so vile for every moba.

no they don't

you keep trying to discredit what I say about poo poo by going "uh you play dota" which is no longer true anymore

edit: okay, a lot do but not all of them

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

edit: okay, a lot do but not all of them

I am really having a hard time thinking of one good MOBA community.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I think Mobas have remarkably bad communities, and I personally don't enjoy them at all, but I'd never do more than friendly rib a Moba player for enjoying them.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Mobas are loving lovely, mmos are loving lovely, bitching about how people make fun of you for doing the video game equivalent of playing yugio at the back of the bus is extremely lovely

In a word, you're gay

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Silver Striker posted:

I think Mobas have remarkably bad communities, and I personally don't enjoy them at all, but I'd never do more than friendly rib a Moba player for enjoying them.

Same. I don't like MOBAs but people who play them are welcome.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Uh excuse me, moba players freak out about Mobas.
Taint Reaper quietly logs in. "I can't let the Imps know my shameful secret" he whispers as he prepares to reap taints in the premier moba, Demigod.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

Mobas are loving lovely, mmos are loving lovely, bitching about how people make fun of you for doing the video game equivalent of playing yugio at the back of the bus is extremely lovely

In a word, you're gay

You're an extremely pathetic weirdo who should take some time off posting and try to improve yourself.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

"I just love playing video games man why you have to be a hater"

*is extremely queer*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

Taint Reaper quietly logs in. "I can't let the Imps know my shameful secret" he whispers as he prepares to reap taints in the premier moba, Demigod.

Infidel, you shall not sully the name of Footman's Frenzy.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

ForeverSmug posted:

*is extremely queer*

Please, continue to melt down.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

I am really having a hard time thinking of one good MOBA community.

There's bad people in the communities but for the most part the players don't flip their poo poo in every game.

You do see it more often than in most other games but that's because you're playing with 10 people at a time and those games have a lot of loving time to type, they also take at least 20 minutes a match. I imagine if CS had has much downtime as mobas do you'd see it there too. I mean poo poo, watch random streams of people playing any game and they're screaming at their monitor.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ForeverSmug posted:

*is extremely queer*

Gtfo.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Infidel, you shall not sully the name of Footman's Frenzy.

That's not really a moba in the normal sense of the term is it? I thought it was more of a co-op thing but maybe I'm remembering it wrong because I only played it once when I was super drunk and did very poorly.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

Please, continue to melt down.

I will, THANK YOU.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

That's not really a moba in the normal sense of the term is it? I thought it was more of a co-op thing but maybe I'm remembering it wrong because I only played it once when I was super drunk and did very poorly.

It's a Warcraft 3 mod.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Warcraft 3 custom maps are extremely win. Uther Party is epic as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Silver Striker posted:

Warcraft 3 custom maps are extremely win. Uther Party is epic as hell.

11th Vampire. Medieval Tactics. But man, my heart remains with the LOTR map series that recreated the whole middle earth map and gave each player control of a faction.

• Locked thread