Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

darealkooky posted:

yellow FRC and no zappa or baiken is really stupid but the game looks awesome otherwise

here's hoping it finally kills blazblue

I'm sure every GG character will get added back in in GGXrd: $@€£ but what's dumb with yellow frc

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
whats wrong with yellow frc?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't think i've ever used a roman cancel

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

darealkooky posted:

yellow FRC and no zappa or baiken is really stupid but the game looks awesome otherwise

here's hoping it finally kills blazblue

I think you mean "here's hoping we finally get Guilty Gear X Blazblue

And yeah, Baiken is the biggest loss for the roster, maybe Anji as well. They'll probably be added in as DLC or in future re-releases like Guilty Gear Xrd Accent XXtreme Viola Charge ++!! or whatever

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
They killed the only Japanese people on the roster lol

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thuly posted:

may's still in

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mach2 posted:

I think you mean "here's hoping we finally get Guilty Gear X Blazblue

Who doesn't want to play as the amazing characters from Blazblue, such as

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Silver Striker posted:

Captain Icecar, Magic Puppeteer Kid, Sol Ragna The Badguy, Boobie Lady, and loving Iron Tager Motherfuckers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

iron tager

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mach2 posted:

Captain Icecar, Magic Puppeteer Kid, Sol Ragna The Badguy, Boobie Lady, and loving Iron Tager Motherfuckers

Endorph posted:

iron tager

At least neither of you listed Bang.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I kinda liked Taokaka because I like the super fast hyper-mobility characters.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
i played jam in gg and guess who isnt in thats right jam

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for real though some of the movesets in blazblue were kind of neat. i like hazama's chain gimmick where he just constantly threw people around the screen. Relius was basically a jojos' character.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

for real though some of the movesets in blazblue were kind of neat. i like hazama's chain gimmick where he just constantly threw people around the screen. Relius was basically a jojos' character.

I was way done with Blazblue by the time they were introduced. I only really played Calamity Trigger and I strongly disliked the direction they were taking the game in. Relius sounds cool though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

I was way done with Blazblue by the time they were introduced. I only really played Calamity Trigger and I strongly disliked the direction they were taking the game in. Relius sounds cool though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXgXFw0lok

terumi is cool too. He just builds fucktons of meter and stomps people 50 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyl__LJA6g

blazblue isn't guilty gear but i still like it okay.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
i want you to drop the playstation into the bathtub when awe of she peaks

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIXgXFw0lok

terumi is cool too. He just builds fucktons of meter and stomps people 50 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGyl__LJA6g

blazblue isn't guilty gear but i still like it okay.

I kinda like bb but p4a is better but never got any traction.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i get it's gonna be good but

i wanted to play bridget

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I will play it if it comes out on the third Xbox, the Xbox One.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
there are some cool blazblue characters, I wouldn't mind if relius or hazama were just thrown into guilty gear for no reason to pad the roster. the problem is that the base gameplay engine, in an effort to not just be guilty gear, is instead a really crappy version of guilty gear.

also the people that balance blazblue either intentionally try and cock things up between games or have never played a fighting game in their lives.

anyway I have two main issues with YRC, the main one is that everyone just uses it on intentionally whiffed air normals to take advantage of the fact that YRC puts the game into slowdown and it's annoying to have the game slow down constantly. I'm also just peeved that they got rid of FRC.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

All I remember about Blazblue balancing is the robot girl was the best and then she got nerfed, whereas Bang was the worst but he became a meme so they made him top tier in the second game and ran it into the ground.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

blazblu is ok i guess if u like anime and also some anime fighters but it should never be compared to GG which is the best anime fighter and its barely even anime. the character design, music and fighting mechanics is just very good and blazblu is kind of not some times

darealkooky posted:

I'm also just peeved that they got rid of FRC.

at this point im a little ok with taking out FRC, the execution on some FRC combos was a little high but i guess that just how GG is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsKTL2_fBM

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
RC and FRC isn't too terrible if you consider that you can use macros at all levels. Makes it a bit easier imo.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to play i-no and it's going to be insanely easy because chemical love is only a quarter circle input now

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the madcatz ps4/ps3 stick starts shipping at the end of november so I get the feeling they looked at the xrd release date and made their decision on when to release the stick based on that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thuly posted:

being japanese is actually extremely illegal in the gg universe and may is secretly japanese. she doesn't even know she's japanese

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
pool isn't even listed as one of Venom's hobbies so i like to think he actually really loving hates that he's great at it

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Dexters Secret posted:

bridget's not gonna be in it

what the gently caress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

They changed Potemkin into basically Tager which is weird. I really liked huge colored man Potemkin where there was no explanation for the fact that he was like 12 feet tall and his hand did more damage than a sword that is on fire. Now he's a tank thing wearing armor

Also I'm pretty sure they'll be bringing people back guys. BB went from a 10 character to 26 character roster in 4 years, P4A was 13 characters, P4AU was 22? characters + all the shadow forms in 2 years

It doesn't matter that they officially said a character was dead because half the cast was officially dead at one point and there are 2 characters on the roster that are the same guy but one of them time traveled in from the past

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baiken, but instead of one one of her limbs being replaced with random gadgets, all of her limbs are replaced with random gadgets.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

They changed Potemkin into basically Tager which is weird. I really liked huge colored man Potemkin where there was no explanation for the fact that he was like 12 feet tall and his hand did more damage than a sword that is on fire. Now he's a tank thing wearing armor

he was a slave and now he is top brass in the new regime you nincompoop

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ok that is actually a suitable explanation for why tager is dressed like robot WW1 german general

Also this probably won't kill Blazblue because there's 2 separate teams working on them, I hope it does better but I'm pretty sure BB has way more mainstream success because it's an anime

I dunno whether to get this for Ps3 or ps4 is there crossplay?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ok I just looked it up PS3 and Ps4 can play together that's really cool. PS3 is 720P and PS4 is 1080P and I can't find if there's other differences.

I'm glad Slayer is back too, Potemkin and Slayer were my best 2. Lmao at one of the new characters being the son of Ky and Dizzy and raised by Sol, thx Fanfiction.net

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

is millia rage in?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Great Joe posted:

is millia rage in?
yes

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Devour or Fire posted:

he was a slave and now he is top brass in the new regime you nincompoop

if his boss doesnt descend in to salute him after fights i dunno what ill do with my life

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Returning Playable Characters:

Sol Badguy
Ky Kiske
Millia Rage
Zato-1/Eddie
May
Potemkin
Chipp Zanuff
Venom
Axl Low
I-No
Faust
Slayer

New Characters:

Sin Kiske
Bedman
Ramlethal Valentine
Elphelt Valentine (free DLC initially)

Also they hinted at a new guy called Leo and that Justice is returning. Justice is cool as hell mech dinosaur with long hair, sure

Also the most hype features:

"Role Play Voice Chat: In lobbies you can use text chat with character voices attached. Greetings and other are played back in the voices of your favorite characters.
Versus Screen Comments: While fighting or spectating you can send and display comments in real time. Chatter with everyone and have fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Returning Playable Characters:

Sol Badguy
Ky Kiske
Millia Rage
Zato-1/Eddie
May
Potemkin
Chipp Zanuff
Venom
Axl Low
I-No
Faust
Slayer

New Characters:

Sin Kiske
Bedman
Ramlethal Valentine
Elphelt Valentine (free DLC initially)

Also they hinted at a new guy called Leo and that Justice is returning. Justice is cool as hell mech dinosaur with long hair, sure

Also the most hype features:

"Role Play Voice Chat: In lobbies you can use text chat with character voices attached. Greetings and other are played back in the voices of your favorite characters.
Versus Screen Comments: While fighting or spectating you can send and display comments in real time. Chatter with everyone and have fun."

lol "sin kiske"

• Locked thread