Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mx. posted:

Well, there you have it. That's our story. Stan's dead. Good night.
I don't think they'll ever top that ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

victorious posted:

It's probably been said, but Hot Water straight into Hurricane! has got to be one of the strongest two episode combos to start a season with.

Daddy's gone...

Hurricane is My old High School Javalin, right? That was a great episode, I should rewatch it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Neito posted:

Hurricane is My old High School Javalin, right? That was a great episode, I should rewatch it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Zero One posted:

Happy Eclipse Day.

Don't forget to wear your transitionsLIFESYLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S63l-NPTw

What the hell episode is that

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

sbaldrick posted:

What the hell episode is that

"Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted," the episode that also has:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJhP3WvJzqE

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
it's a lifestyle!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbT6gI9Ixvk

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The sequence with Stan explaining how, thanks to his friend's death, he'll now have access to "slightly better ham" - while carrying said friend's coffin - is so good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Zero One posted:

Happy Eclipse Day.

Don't forget to wear your transitionsLIFESYLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7S63l-NPTw

Blind"
Sad..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTgrusFTEVY

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Roger can regenerate he's regrown limbs and even half his body, why didn't he just scoop his eyeballs out and grow news ones?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Did he know that was one of his powers at that point?

Either way he's a messy bitch who lives for drama.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Did he know that was one of his powers at that point?

Either way he's a messy bitch who lives for drama.

He must Rogu is in the episode. I can't remember at all what season it was in but I'm pretty sure it was established before Rogu.

gurragadon
Jul 28, 2006

Roger dies if he isn't mean so I guess this was just an excuse to be a jackass.

https://americandad.fandom.com/wiki/Frannie_911

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Think, Smith, what's the most embarrassing thing you don't want anyone to see?

You leave my children out of this!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

pixaal posted:

Roger can regenerate he's regrown limbs and even half his body, why didn't he just scoop his eyeballs out and grow news ones?

Because he felt like being dramatic and being blind gave him an excuse to lie around the house sighing loudly.

A lot of Roger inconsistencies can be explained by Roger wanting to do something weird for fun, even him not being allowed to leave the house in the first few seasons can be justified as "Roger wanted to LARP being a shut in for a while".

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Sometimes I think about how the salt water hurt Klaus in Hurricane! but not in Daesong Heavy Industries

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

FireWorksWell posted:

Sometimes I think about how the salt water hurt Klaus in Hurricane! but not in Daesong Heavy Industries

Different fish body.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

FireWorksWell posted:

It's the same explanation for how Klaus can breathe as long as he is touching water.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

FireWorksWell posted:

Roger has bled at least 2 different colors that I can remember

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

robot roll call posted:

Roger has bled at least 2 different colors that I can remember

And in the pilot, he discharges a weird green (?) goo and makes a comment that it happens, like, every four hours or something.

And in Stan Stan Deacon Man, he expels some sort of white goo that is akin to the world's tastiest mayonnaise.

Also, poops a golden turd encrusted with jewels that drives anyone who's near it to madness, save that Door dash delivery girl.

In conclusion, Roger is a land of contrasts.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Those were clearly dreams. I won't discuss your dreams in the daytime.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Roger also is fireproof and we are just going to assume Stan knew to preserve the friendship.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

robot roll call posted:

Those were clearly dreams. I won't discuss your dreams in the daytime.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Roger failed Biology back at home, which is why he doesn't remember he can regenerate or why his body does stuff.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

francine truly is the best

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Mx. posted:

francine truly is the best

I just watched the mural episode and totally forgot the bit where she walks in on Stan performing surgery in the basement, but is just smoking a cigarette and getting laundry out without paying him any mind.

I love apathetic Franny.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

Roger also is fireproof and we are just going to assume Stan knew to preserve the friendship.

He can also breath underwater! I love how his plan was just swim with their corpses forever.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I promise I will be very respectful to your body

for the first 10 minutes.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

limp_cheese posted:

It's the same explanation for how Klaus can breathe as long as he is touching water.

I have no explanation for that.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Did somebody order a ham slider? (best use of MMMBop)

Levin fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 11, 2024

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Levin posted:

Did somebody order a ham slider? (best use of MMMBop)

this is a great episode, any one where the whole family is focused in the same direction usually is

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Where did you go, Stan? Swept up by a wave of your own darkness. Go easy, bro.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

robot roll call posted:

this is a great episode, any one where the whole family is focused in the same direction usually is

I feel like an NYC trip is a pretty common plot, even though I can only think of the Simpsons episode off the top of my head, but I think they handled it really well by containing it within a bigger plot and focusing on it more briefly.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
It worked out better than the last time Steve and Roger were in NYC.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Levin posted:

I feel like an NYC trip is a pretty common plot, even though I can only think of the Simpsons episode off the top of my head, but I think they handled it really well by containing it within a bigger plot and focusing on it more briefly.

Family Guy did it when Chris became an artist.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Hulu has some incredible volume differences episode to episode. It shoots up one moment, shoots down the next.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

American Dad has been to New York loads of times. Roger and Steve doing midnight cowboy, I’m pretty sure the Stomp episode, when Francine writes a mystery novel, off the top of my head.

“The Big Apple!”
(Francine hugs stan)
“…I appear to have gotten away with something”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So long junk mail!