Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

muscles like this! posted:

So long junk mail!

https://youtu.be/I7TGT5hMN44?si=DHeEOZqC_MTE2a3Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Today's Jeopardy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Zero One posted:

Today's Jeopardy

Huh, had no idea the character was based on the actor, nor that the actor has a pretty big wine business.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Levin posted:

I feel like an NYC trip is a pretty common plot, even though I can only think of the Simpsons episode off the top of my head, but I think they handled it really well by containing it within a bigger plot and focusing on it more briefly.

King of the Hill, Hank was actually born in a bathroom in New York and isn't Texan and causes a mid life crisis. I'm actually not sure they go there now that I type this out might just have been a flashback.

Venture bros moves the entire show to New York City.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
that whole cold opening might be my favorite in the series. either that or the one that had the TRAINS & S#*T magazine

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

I've made it to Season 4 Episode 11 in me and my wife's fresh full binge. What an incredible show.

So, you're telling me Tuttle becomes prominent a half dozen seasons from now?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

So, you're telling me Tuttle becomes prominent a half dozen seasons from now?

the dogfather

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

chunkles posted:

the dogfather

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

It’s Me! Tuttle!

He also plays a strong role in several amazing episodes including Rabbit Ears.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tuttle gets some good bits

Mx. fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 17, 2024

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Tom Tucker posted:

I’m pretty sure the Stomp episode

Oh right actually...double mislead in that episode: They tease a New York trip, cancel it for Stomp, and then they end up (miserably) living there!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Tuttle's bits in the mall walking episode might be my favorite moments of his.

I've been thinking and if I had to make a top 100 episodes list, I feel like the majority would be from the TBS seasons. There have been a couple bad episodes for sure but I find myself thinking way more about jokes and quotes from them than the earlier Fox episodes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Smell ya on the flip side, skater boys!

The hell was that!?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I think the thing that gets me the most is that AD! is now almost more a TBS show than it was a Fox show; I think somewhere in this season marks the 50% point between Fox and TBS episodes.

I think the TBS episodes have the advantage of not having to find the AD! voice, though. Season 1 was kinda rough and honestly, the show suffered from being a parody of conservatives in the Bush years.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Ahh, they're right Al, you'll just slow them down, so smile ya fat clown and walk away.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Brawnfire posted:

Smell ya on the flip side, skater boys!

The hell was that!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8H-0z9yGCM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ultramiraculous posted:

Oh right actually...double mislead in that episode: They tease a New York trip, cancel it for Stomp, and then they end up (miserably) living there!

Steve's (much) older girlfriend makes me laugh a ton

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Is it one of those Sundays again, Diane?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

FireWorksWell posted:

Ahh, they're right Al, you'll just slow them down, so smile ya fat clown and walk away.

Later world...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://x.com/xhdxyorange/status/1780603515494433235?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Must have been 3PM.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Smiling Friends / American Dad the cross over I didn't know I needed.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Pixaal, maybe I missed it somewhere itt but your post from the AI art thread deserves to be seen here

pixaal posted:

Google being a pain about words still somehow managed to pull this off

reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That was chilling.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That may be my single favorite moment of the show.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I think I originally debated posting it here as well and opted for most people don't like AI images and if it's actually good someone will probably just cross post it, which has just happened. I remember it refused to generate if Danuta was used in the prompt which is why it's spelled weird.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something goofy I noticed in Gorillas in the Mist is how apparently the bathroom door in Reginald's boat swings both ways. Because they need to have someone behind it at first but then that person still has to be in view when the door opens again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Why do they stay, Steve? Why do they stay??

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

FireWorksWell posted:

I've been thinking and if I had to make a top 100 episodes list, I feel like the majority would be from the TBS seasons. There have been a couple bad episodes for sure but I find myself thinking way more about jokes and quotes from them than the earlier Fox episodes.

That shocks me. We're just now at The Dancer of Death and there have been some real, real masterpieces even this early. I haven't seen a lot of the TBS episodes but I'm excited for the show to stay as good or get better than.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FireWorksWell posted:

I was thinking this the other day. Despite shows running this long typically becoming terrible, I legitimately think there's a case to be made that this show has gotten better with more or less each passing season.

It's literally the Klaus quote where he says the latest seasons of "The Simpsons" are "getting" good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This artist has done a lot of great American Dad art.

https://twitter.com/xhdxyorange/status/1779108764676993193?t=3KNSH2xTVYpFvlDy7rlc3g&s=19

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I do enjoy the repeating jokes about Francine’s sexual history. The rose garden with the tour guide is a good one, but then there’s:

"Ever done it in an abandoned eastern bloc sports arena?" | "Mmm, that depends. Is Romania in the eastern bloc? And does it still count if the stadium was full of screaming spectators?"

Francine? Sure, she’s the female wilt chamberlain. But Dad? It will destroy him.

Stan: What do you think, Francine? Ever done it with a mayor?
Francine: I have. Six of 'em, actually. Seven if you count the guy in the Mayor McCheese outfit.
Stan: You dog.

I like how in the last quote it just stays positive and Stan is proud of her :3

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Neito posted:

I think the thing that gets me the most is that AD! is now almost more a TBS show than it was a Fox show; I think somewhere in this season marks the 50% point between Fox and TBS episodes.

I think the TBS episodes have the advantage of not having to find the AD! voice, though. Season 1 was kinda rough and honestly, the show suffered from being a parody of conservatives in the Bush years.

TBS episode count surpassed the Fox era early in this most recent season; Fox ran 175 episodes and the TBS era is now at 191.

To your second point, I recall reading an interview with one of the producers saying that over half the writer's room was new as they were entering into season 9 or 10, and then co-creator/showrunner Mike Barker left shortly thereafter as they were prepping for the first TBS season. Losing the old guard for new talent gave the show a creative jolt (like the opposite of what happened with The Simpsons as it entered its second decade,) but not in a way where you can mark a definitive "Oh the show is vastly different now" line in the sand. It's been pretty tonally consistent for a very long time, but later episodes feel more comfortable going big more often for a story or joke.

Tom Tucker posted:

It’s Me! Tuttle!

He also plays a strong role in several amazing episodes including Rabbit Ears.

When I watched Rabbit Ears after being off the show for a while, I had zero memory of Tuttle from the first ten(!) seasons. "They're treating this guy like a main character in this episode...he must be a TBS addition that I missed." I was very surprised to see him show up so early in my current rewatch.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 18, 2024

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

He genuinely wants to know how you're doing today.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah that Francine art rules, but that episode sucks so much rear end holy poo poo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/xhdxyorange/status/1779784016390135817

Whoa

https://twitter.com/xhdxyorange/status/1777068847335694746

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 18, 2024

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Alxprit posted:

He genuinely wants to know how you're doing today.

Oh, I don't expect you to understand, because you've never had something as pure as my hole and then had to see it defiled by strangers. I can't just turn my back while a group of thugs comes into my hole and violates it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JethroMcB posted:

When I watched Rabbit Ears after being off the show for a while, I had zero memory of Tuttle from the first ten(!) seasons. "They're treating this guy like a main character in this episode...he must be a TBS addition that I missed." I was very surprised to see him show up so early in my current rewatch.

He is Stan's and Francine's oldest friend.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Levin posted:

Oh, I don't expect you to understand, because you've never had something as pure as my hole and then had to see it defiled by strangers. I can't just turn my back while a group of thugs comes into my hole and violates it.

Our hole...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

I may be stupid