Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Jambalaya! Season 17, Episode 19

I did not know that off the top of my head, but was able to find it by googling "Hayley and Stan stalk a lady"

That ep has like 3 stories, two of which connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

it's a lifestyle!

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Roger failed Biology back at home, which is why he doesn't remember he can regenerate or why his body does stuff.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

"you care about your family"
huh that doesn't sound right

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

And the new doctor's voiced by Amethyst's from Steven Universe.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I was just crying about my life is all, no big deal

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I like the jokes where francine just stares in a corner or sits in the dark stirring nothing whenever Stan isn't around.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

A lot of people think it's another Family Guy, and that has made them resistant to even trying it out.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I think overall they've written the Smiths as a much more functional family than earlier in the series, or other animated shows of its ilk.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Pretty sure Klaus is the closest thing to a punching bag, but it helps that Klaus is a bad person with no sense of loyalty to anyone or anything.
Meg's punching bag status came from a writing staff that didn't really know how to deal with female characters, let alone a teenage one, and since she was characterized as being overweight/ugly, they felt that was license to make them the bottom rung of the social order. It could have been a commentary ON how society treats people like her, but it mostly ends up being misogynistic reinforcement since Family Guy's talented writers left to do American Dad anyway.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

That's because AI is really bad at being given specific commands on details without the piece further devolving into mush as it has to re-iterate over and over.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

klaus kicking a soccerball

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I just realized that he crashed into the garbage truck from the poster

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Nichael posted:

Which poster?

The poster Klaus keeps trying to put up in the alcove but is repeatedly torn down or damaged.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Mx. posted:

It's also the same type of garbage truck Stan's dad had

I think it's actually the one that Steve buys to make the business go clean, not the original truck.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

He's so annoying that it shifts around to funny for me, like the launch codes guy from Flirting with Disaster.

The list of yak names is great, imo

I think the launch codes guy was ken jeong, who also played the group psychologist where roger suddenly has a breakthrough with no prompting and the doctor starts yelling at the other patients for not having breakthroughs like that ending with an amazing line read of "you people make me sick".

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

Their obsession with the Bazooka Sharks is such a good gag and I'm impressed they haven't used it so much it's been driven into the ground.

They've gone back to it to mine it for new plots and character angles to keep it fresh.

Francine goes comatose upon news of a possible Sharks sale, saved by Jeff's rapping skills.
Steve runs away to an island because he talked Johnny Concussion off the field, making the whole town their enemy.
Stan and Haley deal with communication issues while taking down Johnny Concussion's evil plot.
Stan becomes a Trump stand-in under the malevolent guidance of Roger when he builds a bullet train to the Shark's Nest.
Stan, Haley, and Francine go on a road trip because the Shark's management ignored their letter.
Stan's Tree-Dad at the start of the whole sharks saga is about his childhood lack of a father figure and also one of Roger's best nesting-doll series of personas.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

the memaris are an offscreen presence that they can joke about and not really worry about consequences lore-wise

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

At this point I'd rather Steve have some female friends than girlfriend. I like the "steve is a sensitive goodboy to a humorous extent" angle they've been taking him in more than horny jerk steve.

Ali was one of the better-developed and characterized one-time pairings in the show, which is probably why she comes up in this thread more often than the others have. She'd be prime candidate to make a more 'regular' character at the school for Steve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I mean, she learns her lesson and even apologized to Steve for not realizing what it was like to have someone come after someone you care about, and in the other example the dude was acting annoying about his presents throughout the party, even before it turns out to be the money.