Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I wish Klaus had stayed drunk the whole episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Roger Rabbit. It's so obvious guys.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

American Fung
A Chinese businessman buys "American Dad."

Huh?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fount of knowledge posted:

Yo Leela Leela is the worst episode imo, but the point remains unchanged.

That Saturday morning cartoon one was the worst.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Party Plane Jones posted:

That one had its moments; the nature documentary and the different animation style ones were far worse.

It was supposed to be the series finale and run like the other anthologies at the end of the season, but they started seeing product and realized it was terrible and were like, "Nah, we can't go out like this."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the waitress survived.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The poor dean of ASU. Just flipping through the channels one night, probably wicked hungover, waiting for his roommate to get back with the Jack-in-the-Box tacos, and BAM, there's some cartoon making GBS threads all over your school.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
"And now, Rockin' Ronnie's gonna rest his voice till the game starts"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Despite only being in two episodes Johnny Concussion is still one of the best recurring characters this show has ever had.

Yeah him and Suck Boy Tony. Two-episode wonders.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
This was a weird one

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I like that the Bazooka Sharks stuck. It's weird, but it's something they introduced in like Season 11 and they still bring it up in Season 14, like the writers still give a poo poo about the new stuff.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So, what is Arena Football and why does it differ from regular Football? Like it seems part of the joke is that it is arena football, but I don't really get it.

Absolutely no one in the U.S. cares about arena football, so the joke is that the whole town is crazy into it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why they kept calling her a Debbie. I kept expecting Steve's ex to show up.

Is it a Golden Girls joke?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I think it’s just meant to be an unfathomable yet very annoying teen thing. Duh-doy!

I got that. Why not a name that's not already a character name though?

I guess it's been a long time since that character's been around anyway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Eh, animated shows take a long time to produce. I think the networks can afford to throw money at the issue, but now that it's on TBS and they've burned through their backlog, it's probably going to be like a year, year and a half between seasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't Rapture's Delight the end of the golden turd story? They use it to power Roger's spaceship.

No it came back. I think the most recent one was the presidential candidate?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're really into Tuttle this season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the end of Steve's storyline was perfect. I wasn't really feeling it until then, but that made it all worth it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

What's interesting is he wasn't going to be the voice of Stan. He recorded mainly as a temp track until the found someone else, but in the end, they couldn't find someone who could capture what Seth does as Stan. Seth even said playing Stan is incredibly draining for him as an actor.

Same for his sister playing Hayley.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lotta tuttle

PostNouveau posted:

They're really into Tuttle this season

:hmmyes:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god Roger as the worst fixer in the world was hilarious

Pretty sure the 911 dispatcher was Chris Parnell for no apparent reason

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 20, 2019

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I swear every episode this season has had a least one gut buster.

This one: Francine's Sesame Street bang list. "You'll have the same conversation with your daughter one day"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Whatever happened to Suck Boy Tony?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Well? Does anybody know?

People can't even pin down just exactly where or even when simpsons turned bad so it's probably equally a mystery why this is still so fresh.

It's a few things, I think.

- Roger is one of the best TV characters ever. Capable of doing anything, even his "boring" characters are hilarious because they mock the sadness of suburban American life.

- All the characters are well-developed. I think I heard somewhere that this show picked up a bunch of writers from the cancellation of another animated show, like Futurama or Family Guy, and it just retained them forever. The writers seem to actually remember nuances to the characters that they can play with. Nothing in the Simpsons has stuck the last 18 years; it's like most of the writers for the Simpsons stopped watching the Simpsons in Season 12 like everyone else.

- Economy of storytelling. This show gets right to it in Act 1, taking the harder path of making jokes out of a naturally evolving story rather than making Act 1 a separate story. Like, the best part of this episode was their lives in New York. If the Simpsons were telling the same story, the episode would have ended with the family pacifying a mob by magically knowing Stomp because it would have spent Act 1 dicking around on a random sidenote like "What if Homer owned a cell phone kiosk at the mall?"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWikGqr-OMw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Jeff shouting "Look out!" after Francine was hit had me rolling.

Francine demanding 5 on her busted hand

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
oh man every hot sauce name was a gem

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I just had to collect it all in one spot.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Captain Sphincter's Swollen Colon Fire-rhea is my favorite

It's like picking a favorite child, but ...

Baron Von Buttswamp's Turd Degree Burn

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

I like some Roger plots, I just feel they often go too far with them, especially once they started allowing Roger to kill people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQ5mx7_kic&t=23s

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Man I can totally see some up their own rear end chef being all "no you must cook with pure fire".

YouTube keeps trying to get me to watch a video about "Survival Cooking", so I'm sure the guy Roger's guy was based on is a pastiche of real guys.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Or the real guy Francis Mallmann

I had to find one with champagne bottles, ready for sabrage. :v:

Holy poo poo he's a real guy!?!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If you’re ever in Miami you can even try his open fire Schtick for yourself;

https://www.faena.com/miami-beach/restaurant/los-fuegos-by-francis-mallmann/

Surprisingly dull menu for a guy with such an out-there gimmick

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

he's also argentine, i don't think cooking large amounts of meat on an open fire is in any way pretentious over there

There's no pretentious way to cook large amounts of meat there. As long as you're cooking large amounts of meat, you're good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

It is time.

The Hand That Rocks The Rogu
Season 16, Episode 20
Steve babysits Roger’s ex-tumor, Rogu, to prove to Francine that he’s ready for the responsibility.

:rip: rogu. Had a good run

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

I was personally hoping for the same as earlier this year where season 15 ran straight into season 16.

Yeah, that was nuts. There was new American Dad for a looooooong run this year. It was great.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

I was watching an episode of Jeopardy and one of the clues was "This man played for the Dodgers and is believed to have invented the high-five." I had no idea Dusty Baker was a real person and is believed to actually have invented the high-five.

The 70s was a dark time when all 5s were low 5s.

Also, would Jeopardy have accepted Glenn Burke?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Rewatching Love, AD Style and wtf are those orange triangles Stan throws on the dad and his daughter after he accidentally injures/kills them while demonstrating his SUV?

Reflective road caution things. You're supposed to set them up behind your car if you've pulled over on the shoulder.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Id do an American Dad spec script where Steve becomes a Ben Shapiro style internet poo poo head.

MRA makes too much sense here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

It also follows in the tradition of The Venture Brothers where no one has any idea when its coming back. Its not as bad ,thank Christ, but it still sucks.

When American Dad comes back they're gonna do like 40 episodes in a row like last year.