Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"I don't know poo poo about hugs" was a pretty good line. I'm glad this show doesn't suck on its new network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Eh, the worst episode of American Dad is the one where Stan gets shot by Haley.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone have a still of all the Annie Oakley trick shooters from the talent show episode?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Sure bro, sorry the quality isn't great:

Thank you!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Good news, I love Spitz. She is the best.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'll go so far as to say the show would not be nearly as good with anyone else doing Stan, or Roger for that matter.

I think the bully episode might be one of the best episodes for showcasing his range with the character.

It's also one of the best because it has Stelio.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have had both "Nobody beats the best, we're super good now" and "TEN TWENTY-ONE SIXTEEN FORTY-SEVEN" stuck in my head for days now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is the show coming back?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bring back Debbie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Was she Kat Dennings or Mary Elizabeth Winsted?

Lizzy Caplan.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Akiko and Debbie in their own Wheels and the Legman knock off.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Speaking of Klaus, one of the best moments of TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPqwy6gv0KQ

God, my wife and I were just busting each other up quoting this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My Morning Straightjacket is a good episode, minus the lame Family Guy gags in the beginning.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bull3964 posted:

You're crazy, the best part of that episode is "Spider says BUUURRRRRP!"

Yeah that poo poo's great. Straight up loving funny. I'm talking about the 8 Mile cutaway to Stan on the bus and Johnny Five showing up at the concert.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finances with Wolves is season 2.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No episode has a better climax than A Bully for Steve. All time champion.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So what is the best TBS era episode?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm gonna come out and say I am the Jeans: The Gina LaVetti Story is one of the best. It's weird as hell, and Klaus having a breakdown about Gina being Roger is such a fantastic gag.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

no!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

this show has way better jokes and all but really the biggest thing that's constantly notable compared to the other Family Guy kinda stuff is the voice acting is so much better.

Stan's weird pained interjections are so good.

One of my favorite gags is when Evil Barry is trying to do Regular Barry''s voice. It's clever enough on it's own, but it's also fun watching an actor try to create an "off model" version of a character's voice.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/_n4fPk4d9g4

This is the only clip I can find of this scene, but they cut off the real punchline.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think I'm having one of them false memories. Did American Dad ever do a montage set to John Parr's Naughty Naughty?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I always thought We Didn't Start the Fire was a good source for Roger style names.

Alabama Krushchev
Santiana Goodbye
Bardo Budapest

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The jokes were funny, but...well, do you ever get unreasonably annoyed with the core premise of a comedy show? Even though you know the internal logic isn't really that important and it's all just a set set up for gags, it still irritates you for reasons you can't really explain?

Well, that's how I felt about this one.

If Francine wanted to go fly fishing she could just GO fly fishing, she didn't need Stan to come with her. It's not an activity that requires two people, fishing is something that you can do solo (for many people that's the main appeal). If Francine enjoys fly fishing and Stand doesn't then that isn't something they should do as a couple, she can just keep doing it on her own (it'd be good for her to have a hobby that gets her out of the house and away from stirring empty bowls in the dark all day) and they can find something else to do together that they both enjoy.

Again, I thought it was a funny episode, but it was built around a problem that should have been a non-issue.

She specifically wanted an activity they could do as a couple though, and Stan's rejected a ton of their previous ideas. It was a combination of this and her really enjoying fly fishing that is the catalyst of the conflict in this episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wait how does Francine have an aunt...

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Toilet man, very grim. I was uneasy while he was on the screen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

We're overdue for a Buckle episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

First two episodes of the season have been stellar. Laughed hard at Francine clinging to the corn nuts, and to her trying to just settle down and game throughout the second episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Sarah dodged a huge loving bullet.

She could have fixed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did Daisuke Suzuki leave the show?