Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Francine.

Tell us.

What
have
you
done
with
your
gift
of
life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Kiss Kiss, Cam Cam is one of the best episodes. I just caught it randomly today and it made me laugh out loud three times total.

"You have a terrible................ body."
"...Open the gate."
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"You on Tinder?"

"You want to get on the kiss cam TWICE? How about three times? Five? A hundred? I'm sick of your arrogance, Stan!"

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Well, goodbye. *hacks a hole in your wall with my fire axe and leaves instead of using the door*

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Just thinking about him makes me hot.
Like a hot... summer... sidewalk

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I saw the episode where their moms were fighting for the first time the other day. Pretty funky. Also reminds me on how things just don't end up cleanly solved by the end of the episode as much in the modern seasons.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Sure I could buy having a Jimmy Jr.-style character for Steve. They certainly aren't afraid of making new long-term side characters.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Is that not how it always sounds?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

How can you hear what I'm thinking?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

"Think, Mom, where do you remember last having your keys?"
"Driving. I think it was in the car."

Also the earlier comment from Hayley telling Francine that Jeff is hiding from Stan on the farm and she just goes off on how there's lots of places to hide on a farm.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no, I don't doubt it. There was just a very QL feel about the narration.

What an odd episode, it was pretty good, it just didn't have much in the way of funny jokes.

Yeah, it felt more like it was telling an actual story, which, well. They can do that, from time to time. But it was an odd balance to try and strike.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I missed the ep, dang

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

All right, found a way to watch it. Classic. Very enjoyable episode. Feels like it had a little of everything.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

This is weird. I thought we were all in agreement of this show being really good regardless of "era"

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

"You mean... I didn't have to stab you?"
"What? OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T! THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A REASON TO... never mind."

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

New episode was pretty good, the b-plot was kinda whatever but that's fine, they didn't spend that much time on it comparatively.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Handsome?!... :blush:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Gallagher was referenced earlier in American Dad, in the episode where Roger tries to be nice and it kills him

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It is, yeah.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It'd be one thing if it were consistently faster but it like, does variable shifts and it's extremely noticable.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting the origin of Doive On In.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That's why I brought it up. Also the context behind "And me? Super Gay also," quoted not long ago. There's so many eps some are gonna slip through the cracks.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

In the words of Vice President Joe Biden, "You do not have my permission to use my name for your dojo."

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

You didn't check it up?!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hayleh!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

shame on an IGA posted:

dafuq

why's Gutenberg trying to buy a lesser ID

I have no record of anyone with that name ever existing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I think the very episode that's from is going to air in just a few minutes on Adult Swim. Exciting.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

JethroMcB posted:

Watched it last night and it's so drat good.

On the topic, "Dreaming of a White Porsche Christmas" might be the most unabashedly sentimental episode of the series.

I still always lose my poo poo at the janitor just suddenly going YOU BEEN loving MY WIFE?!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

FireWorksWell posted:

That's Live Yuletide Repeat (also a fantastic episode, especially that bit) or something like that, White Porsche Christmas is when Stan wishes for Lewis' bachelor life.

I love the little peacocking montage where Stan and Roger keep doing that dumb little nod at each other.

I love Roger's dumb dance after his wish comes true for his own car as the final bit of that gag.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

♪ A kid's not something I have or want to have... ♪

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I'm gonna keep on swinging my baby lasso till I catch me a man!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I was thinking about the one that ended up with Roger starting a cockfighting ring. For some reason, I'll never forget the delivery of:
"Females go to farm, lay eggs. Men get culled."
"Ah yes... culled..."

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

What I appreciate is them inventing characters for jokes that never have to come back, rather than relying solely on pop culture for their abuse. The aforementioned clip is a good example of that too - this sadistic employee person never reappears, and why should he? He did his job.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Chris Knight posted:

Watched "The Vacation Goo" tonight, drat that's some good stuff right there. The last half of season 2 has some bangers, they really nailed a lot of what makes the show good pretty early on imo

XAAANADUUUUUUUUU
CAN'T CRRYYYY ON CUE
NOW I AM HERE IN XANADUUUUU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I thought Rogu's latest appearance was "I have no explanation for that" in the Jack Hardass(?!) episode

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

You can't be a pet if no one loves you.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Flute Island? Pssh... more like Blue Ball Island.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's good. No, great. No, good.

I killed two teenagers!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't wanna be that guy, I'm happy here, but why is this not an issue?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Gold Top Nuts is an easy answer for most surreal episode but I'd also like to shout out Santa Schmanta for the continued escalating of the corruption of Jewish values by Roger. And also how it turns out Snot can just raise the dead casually. I also really love Santa's "the gently caress is this?!" when he gets restrained by a wreath of a star of david.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That episode also has "Y'all saying Texas ain't real?" guy who is just tops.

limp_cheese posted:

when they go to the North Pole and discover Santa trying to resurrect a monster from Sumerian myth.

"You know, if YOU had a grand design. I would listen to it. But I've always been curious, ever since I was a little boy"