Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wow, that was really great. Snot at the end was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hahahaha. That was decent.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, what if they just couldn't get Patrick Stewart in for many lines due scheduling reasons or something?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

It was my understanding that they get people like Stewart to record their lines for several episodes well in advance.

I don't know maybe something else then, what do you want from me? My point is that it's unlikely that TBS was hostile to Stewart in some way like that guy described in his fantasy meeting between the two

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Dog dick red?
I actually choked on my drink a little bit when Steve said this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

smashpro1 posted:

Haley's uterus was ruined by the vacation goo, remember?

Maybe Jeff will carry the child

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

Also but unrelated (I hope) the phrase "it's amazing how much elasticity the human rectum has" or something to that effect.

Have you tried googling it?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I'm one of those people who prefer shows with continuity, so I'll admit McFarlane shows often bug me in that regard(indeed this applies to a lot of shows)

It's okay, my nephew's like that too, but the meds have helped a lot.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

How to Use You're and Your

Mistaking "you're" for "your" - or vice versa - is a common writing error most people have made at least once. It is also a grammatical mistake that can be disproportionately irritating and confusing for the reader. Fortunately, once you know how to differentiate the two, you'll hardly ever mix them up ever again.

1. Understand the proper usage of the word you need. The best way to do that is to sound it out. There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read the sentence with you are in place of where the your/you're is intended. If it makes sense, then you're would be right. If not, then your would fit. You could also replace your with my in the sentence. If it fits, then use your.

2. Create a mnemonic to help you distinguish between the words. A mnemonic is a device that helps you remember something. You may find a mnemonic helpful when remembering the difference between you're and your. Elements such as parallelism and vivid imagery are usually effective mnemonic tools.

Consider the sentence "If you're writing it you're, you're writing it right." You are doing something when you write, and thus the contraction you're is correct.
You could also try something like the sentence "Your Outraged Unicorns Race," where the first letter of each word spells out the correct usage. Because the unicorns belong to you, they're your unicorns.

3. Write you're as a contraction or a combination of the words you and are. Other examples of contractions include doesn't for does not, they're for they are, and can't for cannot.

"You're a good friend" means "You are a good friend."
"I don't know what you're talking about" means "I do not know what you are talking about."

4. Remember that you're is actually a combination of two words. It thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause. Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, you're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

5. Write your as the possessive form of you. The possessive form refers to something that a person has, something that belongs to the person in question, or the person you are talking to. Your reflects ownership, as in "yours, mine, and ours".

"Is your stomach growling?"
"Your book is on the table."

6. Remember that the word your will usually not be followed by an adjective. In most cases, your will not be followed by an adjective (a word that describes something) when that adjective is describing the person that you are talking to.

In other words, saying "Your very kind" will almost never be correct. "Your very kind" would only be correct if someone were describing a noun, as in "Your nice son brought me my coat." Here, your nice is correct because nice is describing the person's son.

7. Take a look at some examples. Each of the following examples shows an incorrect use of your/you're, and why it is incorrect.

"I can't read you're handwriting."
Incorrect, because the contraction for you are is being used in place of the possessive form of you. "I can't read you are handwriting"' doesn't make sense. It should be replaced with your.

"If your hungry, then you should probably eat something."
Incorrect because there is no possession in question. You can be hungry, but in English you don't possess hunger. This passes the replacement test. Rewriting it with you are fits. Your should be replaced here with you're, or you are.

"I think your very smart."
Again, incorrect. The "very smart" does not belong to the person that you are talking to — this doesn't make any sense. Replace your with you're, or you are.

"I'm smarter than you're"
Correct, because the contraction for you are has been used in place of the possessive form of you. However, this unconventional usage is likely to confuse people, so avoid ending a sentence with you're even if it's grammatically correct.
:allears: best poster in tviv

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Yeah that was a great ep. They've been really killing it so far.

Seriously, this season's been great and last episode was gold. So does that mean we don't get another episode for four months as per the normal trend?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

J33uk posted:

Oh wow they are actually doing the continuation next week. That's going to be something special.

I'm really glad they're continuing it. I was nervous when Francine said something like "Every week is a new beginning!" near the end of the episode because I thought they were just going to quickly reset the continuity.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This sounds good.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

The best American Dad song and its not even close.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbzHrhRJBHo

Seconded. I forgot about this but when it aired I was floored. So good.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I always liked how they had enough members to have two Abrahams in the band.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:(

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Me too, that was classic American Dad. So many great moments. I know it's good when I forget all the great moments I laughed at. The dad fashion show was just so absurd.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

TheFattestPat posted:

Out of everything, Roger yelling after Stan shot the ceiling got me the most, haha

Yes! Also Roger's inability to get situated during Stan's story. It's the little things..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I liked the characters in the background looking more and more shocked when Stan begins ranting on the soundstage about how Steve's can't do anything on his own.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Stan is embarrassed when a painting of Francine's genitals, done by a famous artist, is unveiled at the museum; Steve's libido is compromised after seeing the portrait.

It's Roger...we're going to watch it, and it's going to be Roger isn't it?

Why did you post tonight's episode description again?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is it just me or is this season filled with winners so far? How is this possible with a show this old? Simpsons couldn't even make it this long.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYtMYspzKBg

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vietnamwees posted:

Hmm. Well that was pretty uh....interesting I guess.

Yeah, it is pretty great.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fuckin yay!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

limp_cheese posted:

Don't say pussy. You could throw a rock anywhere and hit 3 pussies.

Ding.. Ding.. Ding..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

McFarlane must realize when he's reading the scripts before/during recording how much better the writing is than Family Guy.. right??

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This is the one TVIV thread that I read before I've seen the latest episode of something. I love everyone's reactions. Gonna watch this guy on my DVR later tonight with a brew. cheers

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Holy poo poo. That was very raunchy and very good.

The_Doctor posted:

Isn't it great? I accidentally read the first couple of posts earlier today before closing the window, and if anything, it made me want to see it even more.

Yeah! I did that accidentally once or twice and now I just read this thread early on purpose.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Chris Knight posted:

Haha fantastic.

Like you just knew it was going to the Roger from the get go, but the way they ended it was perfect.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Absolutely a perfect ending. Loved how Hayley just says nothing and walks up the stairs after she finds out it's just Roger again

I liked that they made the reveal by just showing the untied ropes and Hayley's bemused look. That's all we need at this point in the series.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Steve did you notice there wasn't one black doll head?
This line was fantastic too. Loved this episode.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Also, I believe this is the season finale.

Wow, it's been a long rear end season, but a very good one. The finale sounds epic

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hell yes. Sounds like a perfect ending to Christmas day to get a little boozy and watch the AD special

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I always trip out a little bit when I watch a "later episode" of AD (think season 4 or so) and it's still 4:3

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I've probably said this a million times before in this very thread but i love that the episode descriptions for this show actually get me excited to watch it. I dunno if that's ever been a thing for me on other shows

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A MIRACLE posted:

That was a great episode, did they ever address it again?

I’m pretty sure they’ve referenced it at least once since with a visual gag at least, but I can’t remember the specifics

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I was just wondering today when we'd see more AD. Now I know. *sigh. Now I know. Wish they'd at least do an Xmas episode on time. :(

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Eddain posted:

Who is Roger supposed to be? Generic Simpsons yellow-skinned character? That three-eyed fish?

he's wearing yellow paint so im guessing it's a simpsons character

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

This show's always been really far out there/weird as poo poo but this season's taking it farther and its great

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Is it still fan art if it's made by the people who make the show?

No?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Everythings Coming Up Simpsons likes to read the Wikipedia enteries for each episode

that sounds god loving awful lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

that's quite the thesis ^

The Orville's really good and the guy who voices Steve in AD has a main role. It's definitely not FG in space and there's clearly a lot of work put into the writing + production