Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Wow, that trailer is really...different.

And that was a rather anemic set of endings, at least for a Dead Rising game. I figured that at least the 'killed Gary' ending would have been the 'gotten away but didn't solve everything' ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
So wait, the perfect ending does or does not require Nick to save all the people in the game?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

J.theYellow posted:

So wait, the perfect ending does or does not require Nick to save all the people in the game?

None of the games have required you to save everyone for the best ending, even the infamously hard Dead Rising 1, you just have to finish the plot missions.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

To be fair, Dead Rising 1 was only infamously hard because the survivor AI was some of the most braindead AI I've ever seen. The drat zombies were more intelligent than some of the survivors in that game.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
In the first game you have to hammer the 'come here' button to stop the AI wandering off. And trying to get a group to climb up the ledge to get into the safe room.....yeah, not fun. Thankfully they fixed that in the sequel.

I get that stopping the firebombing of the city is the happy ending...but how are the government going to deal with the thousands of zombies that are infesting it? The other games took place in confined spaces, so sweeping and clearing works, but how are you meant to do that in a big city? The army had to firebomb Las Vegas after Case Zero because it was too hard to clear out the zombies.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

OldMemes posted:

In the first game you have to hammer the 'come here' button to stop the AI wandering off. And trying to get a group to climb up the ledge to get into the safe room.....yeah, not fun. Thankfully they fixed that in the sequel.

I get that stopping the firebombing of the city is the happy ending...but how are the government going to deal with the thousands of zombies that are infesting it? The other games took place in confined spaces, so sweeping and clearing works, but how are you meant to do that in a big city? The army had to firebomb Las Vegas after Case Zero because it was too hard to clear out the zombies.

Nick brings the design for the Jazzhands to the US army.

All zombie problems are forever solved.

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
I think for the some drones still getting destroyed Chuck might have hit one with his bat and/or the military/cop zombies who shoot wildly at random might have tagged some.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OldMemes posted:

I think its less the firebombing and more the firebombing while there are not not-zombies there I guess? At least to the characters in the game.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Or by a long protracted campaign. Since technically the zombie population is as finite as the actual population in there, plane crashes nonwithstanding.

Especially with the development of a cure it becomes a lot more feasible to tighten the cordons until the zombies are all gone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OldMemes posted:

Loudspeakers and a loooooooooooooot of ammo.

Or gatling guns.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Question: is Nick invincible during the making combo weapons welding animation, or can enemies attack you during it?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

OldMemes posted:

Question: is Nick invincible during the making combo weapons welding animation, or can enemies attack you during it?

Pretty certain we've seen him get knocked out of it a couple times during this lp

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

OldMemes posted:

Garrand posted:

Pretty certain we've seen him get knocked out of it a couple times during this lp

So you are definitely not invincible during the animation and nearby zombies will attack. You also don't get knocked out of it when this happens, you just sorta take damage.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I could swear I remember you getting interrupted, but that might have just been you canceling the combo weapon creation? Not gonna say I'm not wrong, though.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Garrand posted:

I could swear I remember you getting interrupted, but that might have just been you canceling the combo weapon creation? Not gonna say I'm not wrong, though.

Maybe a hard enough attack will knock Nick out of the animation. Then it could have happened earlier in the LP, but recently attacks don't do as much damage so it doesn't happen. I guess the short answer is that I really don't know.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

It's been a while, but I was under the impression that you could get knocked out of weapon combos but not vehicle combos. Which I think was just a conceit to handle the fact that a vehicle combo removes two models in the world and then spawns another one, while a weapon combo just deals with models that 'hide' in your inventory.

This is just a guess, of course. I never actually touched that stuff.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 42 - DLC - The Last Agent Part 1 [YouTube]

Man that was a seriously long hiatus. My bad.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
That is some seriously weak narrative device usage there. "Oh hey, that thing you got is now destroyed, get another!"

On the other hand, Stilted Action Man Voice is sorta amusing.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Deceitful Penguin posted:

On the other hand, Stilted Action Man Voice is sorta amusing.

Iit's amazing, and I wish more games had an Action Man Of Action™ (Now With Action Moves™!) in them :allears:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

By request

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLCZjw2FXPE

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

'Get to the hospital! It's safe there!' He yells after having absorbed 150 million roentgens.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
I don't know who raised that wall in the middle of the zombie apocalypse, but I hope have a real good contract.

Smartglass isn't availible on PC so I thought this DLC was completely out of the left field. When you got the last smartglass mission I finally got it.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I kind of love how much of a nonissue the bikers have become. It really shows how far you've increased in power.

Also "I'm a hero!" *nuclear explosion* :downs:

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video 43 - DLC - The Last Agent Part 2 [YouTube]

We make a new friend and take them someplace nice.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I've been binge watching this for the past day or two, when I can. Still not caught up, but I wanted to say thanks for showing it off.

Dead Rising 3 is up for sale on steam if anyone is interested, 15 bucks for it and all DLC. It's ported... Kinda sorta meh-ish. The cutscenes stutter despite a nice solid gameplay. Anyhow, after watching this and seeing the sale - I nabbed it up.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
"Stop" the world! You ruined your own Dr. Horrible reference! I enjoyed it, though.

Am liking this dorky action hero, also.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Nekomimi-Maiden posted:

"Stop" the world! You ruined your own Dr. Horrible reference! I enjoyed it, though.

...dammit. I knew I was going to make that reference, I guess I should have checked to make sure I had it right.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I think someone asked about the Porta-John at the beginning of the last vid, isn't is a save point like the first games?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

CzarChasm posted:

I think someone asked about the Porta-John at the beginning of the last vid, isn't is a save point like the first games?
It is, but it's only ever relevant in Nightmare Mode. The regular game mode has auto-save.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do leftover collectibles from your main game stick around in the DLC, or has it got its own new set of collectibles? Looking at that Frank statue pickup and wondering.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Glazius posted:

Do leftover collectibles from your main game stick around in the DLC, or has it got its own new set of collectibles? Looking at that Frank statue pickup and wondering.

I think they stick around. Like Frenzy said, almost all of your progress in the main game carries over to the DLC and your progress from the DLC I think carries over to the main game.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Video 43 - DLC - The Last Agent Part 2 [YouTube]

We make a new friend and take them someplace nice.

:lol:@"If you've had a few too many vaccinations as a kid"

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video 44 - DLC - The Last Agent Part 3 [YouTube]

More adventures with the Last Action Hero.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Pretty cool to see commander whats his name from the DLC again trying to do the right thing with the helicopters black box. It's a neat style, seeing more or less the same events but from every characters different points of view.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
They didn't work to hard on coding for this DLC did they.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video 45 - DLC - The Last Agent Part 4 [YouTube]

So that will be it for actual game content. I still have a few bonus videos which I need to do, but they may be a while.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
... Man this really was just a cash in DLC wasn't it. I mean sure it was interesting but the codeing errors and the story error you pointed out at the end means either it was really rushed for some odd reason or they just didn't care by that point.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This was an alright game, and a more than alright LP. Thanks.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
Yeah, thanks for the LP, Frenzy. My position on DR3 has gone from "What on earth?! Why would you decide to remove the fun from Dead Rising?" to "Oh, so they did manage to keep most of the fun in there, they just had to hide it underneath mud and grit." It's always nice to have your preconceptions challenged, and any excuse for a magic flamethrower prosthetic arm is a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Wait, why would Brad throw his badge away? He's still with the ZDC, he even got evac from them :psyduck:

• Locked thread