Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Nick has a crush on a girl. Enough said.

Nooo, nick ain't all "pachamamacita"

He's gonna SOLVE this. He's the right combo weapon of stupidity and foolhardiness to really stick it to Phenotransbrella Corporation.

I hope this ends with him getting twisty on nectar and turning into Waspzilla, stomping LA into powder in his battle with Phenotron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Skippy Granola posted:

Nooo, nick ain't all "pachamamacita"

But he is interested in Lilly/Lisa the blond illegal gal from the diner and that group of illegals. Which is where he's heading to now.

I would place a bet on how alive/well they are but I don't think anyone would take it considering how Nick's luck is going at the moment.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Jade Star posted:

I didn't remember his name or what he looked like at all, but I guessed 'That dude in the construction yard i think, that you had to beat zombies up and make a combo weapon for'. Go me, gold star.

So we have a plane, fuel, a dead best friend, and a MIA step mom like figure... why hasn't Nick just flown off yet?

Well the pilot exploded into worms and hornets, so...

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
On that note, I doubt there's even enough zombie free runway to get the plane off the ground.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

But if they had a badass diesel powered treadmill with flames painted on the side....

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

EponymousMrYar posted:

But he is interested in Lilly/Lisa the blond illegal gal from the diner

Annie

Scaramouche posted:

But if they had a badass diesel powered treadmill with flames painted on the side....

Well I'm sure Nick can whip something up by combining a motorcycle engine, a 2x4, and a cardboard box.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
So first off, I actually really love the idea they used for Envy being just somebody that is so mad at YOU specifically for being much better at this whole "hero" saving thing than them, that's a really neat idea.

Secondly, I loving love the boss theme of this, this is my absolute favourite song from this game next to Gluttony's theme because it's surprisingly aggressive considering...who it is. Then again that might be fitting for someone trying to make a whole lot of noise. I never knew that cool thing about him actually trying to defend the hostage though, that's a really nice detail and I appreciate the developers putting that in to be consistent.

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 21, 2015

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
:siren:UPDATE:siren:

Video 37 - Exploring Sunset Hills [YouTube]

Listening to my baseball optimism while editing this audio was depressing. Also, I meant to have this up days ago but, you know, Halo 5.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Your flatmate sounded like an interesting person.

Edit: Wait, there's a mariachi outfit, but no sombrero? For shame.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 29, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

There is a sombrero. It should have been in that restaurant somewhere not in the kitchen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

Video 37 - Exploring Sunset Hills [YouTube]

Listening to my baseball optimism while editing this audio was depressing. Also, I meant to have this up days ago but, you know, Halo 5.

It's good again/still good?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

RareAcumen posted:

It's good again/still good?

The story is still very Halo4-esque, and it doesn't match with their advertising campaign at all. But the multiplayer is really good, like halo 2 with a lot more speed and mobility. I'm enjoying it.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Calles de la furia con Nick "El Splatador" Ramos!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

When you were showing off the boom bear, you stood in front of it and it had a wrench icon on it. Can you fix those? Or like reload them or something?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

seaborgium posted:

When you were showing off the boom bear, you stood in front of it and it had a wrench icon on it. Can you fix those? Or like reload them or something?

I think that's just the icon for combo weapons, or maybe stuff you can put in combos since boom bear is part of one.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video 38 - The Ultimate Solution [YouTube]

Here's the Rick and Morty video we're talking about in this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbTlK3perdI

Warning: It's :nws: and loving weird.

SWORDFISHHH
Apr 1, 2010

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

...the Rick and Morty video...

There's something scientific and magical about that clip.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wow, he was a dick.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Has there ever been an instance in where the person who gives you orders in such a manner that hasn't turned out to be a jerk? I probably saw that "twist" since day one, I just don't remember since it was so long ago.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
He has seemed sketchy since day one, but the whole ending thing there felt half-assed... What did he get out of sending you out on all those missions? Then after all that bullshit, it's just like "whatever, later.".

Prune word? Pleasin.

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
In an attempt to figure out if Jamie was voiced by Scott McNeil (which I'm fairly certain he is), I accidentally spoiled myself on how this mission turns out. Personally, I hope Jamie makes it to Rio, only to find there's nothing but zombies everywhere.

I'd change the name from "prunes" to "pocket plums". Just get a cartoon plum chilling out in someone's pocket, or in a box with a cute design on it. That, or really emphasize the French aspect of the prune, since Wikipedia says the US primarily grows the "improved French plum". Just do some hoity-toity poo poo with like, dried plums in a crystal dish with a lot of soft lighting and someone narrating how delicious and bold eating dried plums is. Maybe even throw in a slow-motion shot of prune juice being poured into a glass.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mr. Highway posted:

Has there ever been an instance in where the person who gives you orders in such a manner that hasn't turned out to be a jerk? I probably saw that "twist" since day one, I just don't remember since it was so long ago.

Otis is an unintentional jerk in Dead Rising 1 and Stacey in Dead Rising 2 is harmless, however she is a lot different in DR2 Off the Record!

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
SuperPrunes.
SooPrunes.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

If you're trying to monetize prunes, just watch the end of Trading Places. I'm sure you guys could pull off the scheme at the end of that. All you'll need is a hooker with a heart of gold and access to this years prune crop report.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Kobanya posted:

I'd change the name from "prunes" to "pocket plums".

Eh... sounds like a euphemism for testicles.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Samovar posted:

Eh... sounds like a euphemism for testicles.

You saying kids don't like testicles anymore? Speaking of, what is the intended target age for rebranded prunes? 20-something millennials who are getting tired of eating kale with every meal?

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
What the hell is with all the Bonzi Buddies?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The new Newbie avatar replacement of Gar-bage dick.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Oh that makes sense. Too bad though, I kinda liked Gar-Bage Dick.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video XX - Gaining Experience and Levelling Up [YouTube]

Yet again I apologize for my lack of updates by referencing another video game. That being said, Fallout hypnosis is a real thing that could happen to you and ruin your life.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So, if you concentrated on gaining PP, you could reach level 50 in like 3 or so hours?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Looks like you could reach level 50 in a couple of grisly bears and splitshot rifles.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Since you finally did an XP/leveling up episode, are you going to cover the 'Combo Categories' upgrades at some point? I assume you don't use them because of the safe house lockers, but they were my favourite upgrades when I was bumming around the game testing things. I also think the way they work, and the combo weapon system in general, is fairly elegant in how it all comes together.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Jade Star posted:

Looks like you could reach level 50 in a couple of grisly bears and splitshot rifles.

You kinda have to keep in mind that at this point in the game I have a bunch of things helping me out. Upgrades that increase PP, ammo count, weapon damage, and combo time, plus increased number of special zombies that give more PP and zombie density in general. It does make me want to do an experiment where I start from scratch and with nothing but a bunch of split shots see how possible it is to rush level up.

Procrastinator posted:

Since you finally did an XP/leveling up episode, are you going to cover the 'Combo Categories' upgrades at some point? I assume you don't use them because of the safe house lockers, but they were my favourite upgrades when I was bumming around the game testing things. I also think the way they work, and the combo weapon system in general, is fairly elegant in how it all comes together.

I definitely want to show it off at some point. I actually remember thinking about why the system works the way it does and once I realized it, it's such a well designed feature. I've been kind of waiting for a good time to pop up for me to do it and it just hasn't happened. I almost showed it off when I was making all those bears, to replace the wheelchair, but it seems that super combos are excepted. At the moment it's grouped up in the "Stuff I Missed" video, which I know is kind of weak, but I'm not sure it's enough for its own video. We will see.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Frenzy, have you seen Dead Rising: Watchtower? It's a live action movie that's in canon with the games, and actually serves as a prequel to bridge the gap between Dead Rising 2 and 3. At first glance, it seems like another of the generic low budget zombie films that are a dime a dozen nowadays, but honestly, it captures the feeling of Dead Rising really well - Frank West is in it (but not played by his original voice actor)!

It's nothing amazing, but it's fun, and its cool they made a tie-in movie, rather than a comic or something.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

OldMemes posted:

Frenzy, have you seen Dead Rising: Watchtower? It's a live action movie that's in canon with the games, and actually serves as a prequel to bridge the gap between Dead Rising 2 and 3. At first glance, it seems like another of the generic low budget zombie films that are a dime a dozen nowadays, but honestly, it captures the feeling of Dead Rising really well - Frank West is in it (but not played by his original voice actor)!

It's nothing amazing, but it's fun, and its cool they made a tie-in movie, rather than a comic or something.

Yeah it was brought up at some point in the thread. It's a very cool tie-in showing a more minor outbreak and what accompanies that in the Dead Rising universe. I remember not liking the Frank West stuff. It's obvious comic relief, but I remember some of it seeming really forced. All the zombie killing, combo weapon making, and conspiracy stuff is really good though, and there's a long panning shot in the middle that's particularly impressive. Now that I'm thinking about it, does that make Dead Rising 3 the only DR thing that doesn't involve a journalist as one of the main characters?

Also, we're recording commentary today so there should be a video this week.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Video 39 - Damsels In Distress [YouTube]

Supplemental Information:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I really do like how Nick has changed throughout the game. That's a really nice touch to everything.
Also how casually Annie was able to just drop a loving crate onto her ex
Oh, and according to the wiki Annie is 17.

I haven't seen any of the transformers movies, but I feel if you have to keep a card in your wallet for why it's technically not against the law for you to bang someone who is a minor you should probably take a better look at where you're picking up girls.

Garrand fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 11, 2015

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

"He's like five years older than her"

"Maybe they started dating when they were both 15 or something"

There's something wrong about this but can't quite put my finger on it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, Nick has some pretty good character development and I like him a fair bit after seeing all this. He's a good guy.

• Locked thread