Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe the super-silly arcade mode is still XBone exclusive (unfortunately it's kinda spoiler-y, so don't look into it too much if you care about that stuff), but it's a really fun time.

EDIT: VV Eh, the SmartGlass stuff is fine, but the app was super-fiddly for the first couple of weeks.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm fairly sure that comment about survivors being gone forever if they die while in your party is wrong, actually. At least partly. They just take a really long time to become available again (and maybe requires an upgrade?).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Barely know anything about tarot but I seem to remember that death is generally good(meaning new beginnings, rather than literal death), while the tower is generally bad(Hence why most cards show it as a crumbling tower)

I was actually waiting for someone to make a Binding of Isaac joke (the only reason I know any tarot cards except Death and the Hanged Man.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

I feel they could have cut out all those highways and empty space. Just bite the bullet and put in loading screens instead of trying to hide them behind highways longer than the explorable area.

Driving the killdozer down the highway (as well as some other vehicles) is a lot more fun than it looks. And it already looks really fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

I am having a hard time articulating the differences in how the scheduling and game pacing works in DR1 and 2, compared to DR3, but while I love the first two games, I don't like the changes they made. In the first two games the world had a persistent feel as things would occur with or without you. Now it progresses mostly based on the player. There are some "wait for x time" bits, but the start of those are based on the player too. There's 7 days you are given to beat the game but you can beat then game in around 3 in game days.

Hence why there's a difficulty specifically for that feel of the first two games?

• Locked thread