Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

OH MY loving GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That's why you don't tell people you're sick of Orton-Cena, kids

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't care about this lady's singing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress yes Ambrose mainin

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mount Mushmore

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That owned

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My god that incredibly light forehead burn must be tremendously painful for Orton

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LOLCENAWINZ

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vintimus Prime posted:

Wait the camera didn't show him tapping at all??

He passed out

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That show looks awesome

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Dean gonna dive off?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jesus

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As I figured, WWE knew they had to put this last but would overbook it so as to not let a great main event match happen.

Here we are.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha the bell rings

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

God that looked vicious

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha this company is so loving stupid

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha they did basically everything in their power to make that match suck.

They went above and beyond to make sure they could point to this main and say "see see we need to have John Cena. Gotta push Cena."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All I can think at this point is Vince has a terminal illness and he wants to kill the company dead before he sails off to hell.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dean/bray is a perfectly fine feud. But maybe actually loving end the previous one before going into it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The part that pisses me off is, if they were really wanting to push Wyatt, OR Ambrose for that matter, I wouldn't care. But it's so loving obvious they did this so Dean wouldn't lose without massive shenanigans (admittedly the smartest part about it) and could get put into a feud he can win to stay over, Rollins gets fed to loving Orton instead, and all is well in Rapadoo Land.

My guess is they're trying to use the crowd favor for Ambrose to turn Wyatt into a guy with good heat so Reigns can squash him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Lotta babbys crying over that PPV.

Rollins winning via interference means it's not over, and it shouldn't be. They're building a long-rear end epic feud that's been consistently entertaining. A real ending would derail all of that. Yeah the cell match owned but Ambrose going over clean is the endgame and there's no reason that needs to end now. Sidetrack Dean a bit while they reintroduce Bray so Rollins has fewer obstacles for cashing in, then rekindle it whenever Rollins cashes in so Dean can go for the title because there's still a score to settle. Dean gets darker via Bray, Reigns heals up and goes for Rollins, but Ambrose isn't done with him yet because he got away last time. Ex-Shield triple threat at Wrestlemania. Calling it right now. HIAC still looks better than it did going in, Dean still looks awesome, Seth still looks like an opportunistic shitheel, Bray has something to do, and there will be more where that came from instead of just blowing it off at one of the minor PPVs of the year that everyone hates anyway because it's a gimmick PPV instead of a blood feud stip.

That was a drat solid PPV and y'all are acting like WWE put Big Show in the main event again. Me and my friend mark are gonna cancel our subscriptions. :qq:

The problem is that the feud deserves a good, long payoff and now Dean's payoff, if he even gets one, will probably be in a 7-8 minute mania match buried under 3-4 other matches on the card.

The primary purpose of that finish wasn't to extend the feud though. It was to spin Ambrose's crowd response into heat for Bray and protect Rollins for Orton.

My guess is Bray gets the best of Ambrose for a while and when it's time for Ambrose's payoff on that, they find a way to put Reigns on Wyatt and shift Ambrose on to Harper.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

You get 2, maybe 3 PPVs worth of a build for WM.

What exactly is Seth Rollins going to do Dean Ambrose in that span to have a big match at WM XXXI?

He'd have to start with killing 3 or 4 guys to ensure he's not in the sub-10 minute match he'd get at Mania right now if everyone who's supposed to return returns.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Playing "wait and see" with WWE at this point is basically the same thing as trying to convince yourself that this next M. Night Shyamalan film will be the one that recaptures the magic of the Sixth Sense.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FakePoet posted:

This is the thing that I just don't understand, conceptually. Isn't the end goal to get people over, so that you can then leverage their "over-ness", financially? If someone "accidentally" gets over, someone you weren't necessarily counting on, isn't that a good thing?

I get individual workers having their own self-concern in this regard, but as a company, isn't the goal have as many people as possible moving the needle viewer-wise, or merch-wise?

I guess if you're of the belief that different guys have different ceilings as far as all of this goes, you might lean that way, but it really seems counter-intuitive to me. Though I guess when little actions do actually get noticed (Bryan, Fandago to a lesser degree), instead of letting it grow organically, they have to put on their dad-jeans and show the kids how cool they actually are.

No. They literally know everything better than everyone else so if someone gets over independently, the fans are dumb for getting behind that person and the WWE's number one concern becomes how they can get the fans to not like that person and start liking the intended golden child.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

The problem with the Dean Ambrose situation is that the WWE is clearly still banking on Reigns even though he is hurt, so instead of saying "Ok let's push Ambrose in the meantime" they are just treading water until the golden boy comes back.

Ambrose was always planned to be a distant 3rd/4th babyface, and damnit that's where he will stay! Even if the guy ahead of him in the pecking order is on the shelf.

The best thing is going to be when Reigns comes back to a less than desired response so they have Cena lose to Lesnar at the Rumble, then come back and win the Rumble to overcome the odds and finally win the title at Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The big issue with the Ryder thing for me was that it was coming at a time where WWE was really heavily pushing the "gotta make your own breaks" narrative and even having mandatory meetings discussing the use of social media to get yourself over and raise the company profile.

They called everyone into meetings to ask them to do the exact poo poo Zack Ryder then did and they spited the living gently caress out of him for it.

As for "where he goes on the card," it shouldn't really matter. His gimmick was NEVER going to last longterm at that level of popularity and even the most staunch Ryder supporters knew that. The point is he got himself over pretty loving big with literally zero help from WWE and instead of letting it play its course and making money off of it, they totally buried him for no other reason than because they could.

• Locked thread