Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Does Orton usually wear hand wraps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

They should do a Rivalries episode with HHH and Foley.

Orton/Tables and they have me for six months.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MOTY already for having a better strategy than anyone in HIAC before.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

C R O S S F I T

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seth Rollins def. Dean Ambrose via A Hologram

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Xenoletum posted:

Because their favorite guy didn't win and they're being a bunch of whiny marks.

Ultimately the show ended with a chorus of the wrong kind of boos.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Personally, I could've done with 10-12 minutes of Dean trying to fight the hologram and getting increasingly frustrated.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

The ghost thing could be cool if at Mania they project a 300 foot tall Andre the Giant to kick off the second Memorial Battle Royal

In all seriousness if they could make some or all of the Mania set a hologram that would be pretty neat.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Fans blindly accepting that Zack Ryder was a worthless piece of poo poo who never worked for a drat thing in his career because a company shill told them to is proof that "the fans are dumb" is at least partially based on reality.

Zack Ryder is a mediocre wrestler who works hard. He should probably be in a better spot than he is but I can't think of who I'd get rid of to make room for him. Before you say 'Kane' he absolutely will never fill the role Kane does as a monster. He's not as good or funny or clever as Sandow either, so where does Zack Ryder fit? With whom would you have him swap spots?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Zack Ryder fit as a midcarder people actually gave a poo poo about and had a title belt.

So just check off all the people on the current roster nobody gives a poo poo about, and there's your list of guys Zack Ryder pre-burial was better than.

There's no one on the roster I personally would care about less than Ryder in that same spot. Put Ryder in Sheamus, Miz, Ryback, Big Show, Henry, the Usos, Gold/Stardust, Torito, Hornswoggle's spot and I'll care about him less. Who, specifically, are you talking about here?

Yes it was bad that they did what they did to Zack. But that doesn't change the fact that I'm not entertained by him and they fell rear end-backwards into making the right decision for my enjoyment of the product.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

"Lots of people liked this guy but I didn't like this guy so gently caress everyone."

That's my line of thinking unironically. Sorry you loved Zack Ryder but I didn't and now I can watch Seth Rollins and Stardust and Sandow and loads of other guys instead. gently caress everyone!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Sandow's a *really* bad example given they buried that guy to death before the crowd decided they loved in him spite of it. So now he'll probably feud with and lose to Miz.

Why did Sandow succeed where Ryder failed? Why didn't Ryder get over in spite of his burial?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Also I don't even know where to begin on how ridiculous the idea is that you can't devote time to guy A without taking away time from Guy B when they have *three hours to kill every Monday*.

It's not ridiculous when they have Guys C-Z coming up right behind him in NXT with more potential than he ever had.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Then explain why it's a good idea to use Zack Ryder's popularity to get John Cena over rather than to help one of those guys.

He was a guy that had a small amount of popularity for a short time that they inserted into a program that was always about Cena and Kane. The amount that people overblow the popularity of Zack Ryder is hilarious. Like he could give anyone a rub when he can barely sustain a pop of his own for two straight weeks.

DeathChicken posted:

And out of their sterling NXT callups thus far, we have Emma, who had no buildup to her gimmick which actually requires effort from the writers to pull off, so she fell flat. Summer Rae, who is currently Designated Diva Jobber. Paige, who they started off winning the Women's title and yet somehow looking like an idiot at the same time. Your mileage may vary on how much better or worse her current crazy lesbian gimmick is.

Rusev, Harper, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, etc. don't exist and are certainly nowhere near the top of the card.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 28, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cardboard Box posted:

people chanted "we want ryder" for a while because it was the cool thing to do but every time he was actually out there they were dead silent

Yeah, that's what I remember as well. People act like it was this sustained thing that was stopped dead but it was already starting to wane when they started the program with Cena.

I don't disagree that Ryder might've done fine as a tag team with Santino or Fandango or something, but suggesting that BIG THINGS were ever going to happen with him is revisionist to the max.

Great White Hope posted:

Well if we're being fair, he's also saying that midcarder Zack Ryder would be taking spots from guys who debuted in main event roles.

Would you be honestly happy if Zack Ryder was in Fandango's role? Why?

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 28, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

Actually Bray's career trajectory has been fun to look back on. He debuts with the Kane story that...was abandoned a week later with no real explanation. I guess continuity is for nerds, even on a week to week basis. Then he gets a placeholder feud with Kofi of all people, then the Daniel Wyatt stuff which led to probably the only really big win of his career. This is followed by the Shield feud, also a really big win. He's set up to be an utter monster going into the Wrestlemania match with Cena, and...Cena crushes him. Then again. Then again. Then Cena wins that Money in the Bank match with Bray in it for funzies. Then he feuds with Jericho, loses to Jericho (and loving no one loses to Chris Jericho anymore). Bray gets his win back, but holy crap. And then Cena crushes him *again* in the infamous begging and crying match. He beats Jericho again in the wussiest fashion possible (falling out of the door in a cage match right before Jericho could do the same), and here we are now. Bray Wyatt.

Yet Bray still gets an arena full of people to hold up their phones for him in spite of all that. Weird how charisma works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Edit: Actually, a good comparison for how I would want Zack Ryder would be in TNA when Devon was TV Champion. He would come out and people would be happy, maybe cut a short promo, and then he'd have a completely fine match where he beat up a heel. It made the title look good, it made the crowd happy, and warmed them up for whatever fairly important thing would come next. Perfect midcard babyface champion.

I think that's fair. I hear people talking about Ryder sometimes like he was destined for the main event or something and ::Vinceflex:: got busted down to nothing and assume everyone thinks this. A US title contender, I could accept.

Personally I think that in the absence of a midcard they should just throw everyone into random teams and see what sticks long-term in the tag division, and Ryder could probably do fine there in a team with Ziggler or something. Hell even legitimately pairing him with Fandango and a valet might work. Lots of good teams were made by just chucking random guys together.

• Locked thread