Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That's actually the smartest thing a heel has done in ages. You'd almost think Rollins had learned from the mistake of Sandow and assuming you can beat Cena even if you preemptively beat him for a minute with the stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

He wants to lure Brock Lesnar and the title out so that he can cash in. He said this on Raw

...oh, I take it back. Rollins has brain damage.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Walking Dead replays like twice after it's over, so eh.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Whelp, nothing is going to top Sandow, go home everyone.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I don't know, I'd be ambivalent at these sisters being torn apart.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I hope he just dwells on that all night like when Heenan went off on Jim Duggan going to college.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Zyla posted:

All I ask for is a show that doesn't make me question what I am doing with my life.

WWE has been doing this for ten years. It's okay, I'm also a battered wife.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

It was pretty fun how the crowd was so into Sandow that when Sheamus got done clowning him they just died into crickets.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hornswoggle's spot

You must not have been around for the Hornswoggle/Chavo feud that went on and on and on and on and on. No. gently caress Hornswoggle.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

"Lots of people liked this guy but I didn't like this guy so gently caress everyone."

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Sandow's a *really* bad example given they buried that guy to death before the crowd decided they loved in him spite of it. So now he'll probably feud with and lose to Miz.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Why did Sandow succeed where Ryder failed? Why didn't Ryder get over in spite of his burial?

They eventually took Ryder off TV entirely. At least Sandow had a year of being on TV (and losing) to let people remember he was alive.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Also I don't even know where to begin on how ridiculous the idea is that you can't devote time to guy A without taking away time from Guy B when they have *three hours to kill every Monday*.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

And out of their sterling NXT callups thus far, we have Emma, who had no buildup to her gimmick which actually requires effort from the writers to pull off, so she fell flat. Summer Rae, who is currently Designated Diva Jobber. Paige, who they started off winning the Women's title and yet somehow looking like an idiot at the same time. Your mileage may vary on how much better or worse her current crazy lesbian gimmick is.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

He was a guy that had a small amount of popularity for a short time that they inserted into a program that was always about Cena and Kane. The amount that people overblow the popularity of Zack Ryder is hilarious. Like he could give anyone a rub when he can barely sustain a pop of his own for two straight weeks.

Rusev, Harper, Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Wyatt, etc. don't exist and are certainly nowhere near the top of the card.

I'm sorry, have you *really* not been paying attention to the last couple months of everyone pointing out just what they've done to the Wyatts? Rusev I'll give you, they've done really well there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Actually Bray's career trajectory has been fun to look back on. He debuts with the Kane story that...was abandoned a week later with no real explanation. I guess continuity is for nerds, even on a week to week basis. Then he gets a placeholder feud with Kofi of all people, then the Daniel Wyatt stuff which led to probably the only really big win of his career. This is followed by the Shield feud, also a really big win. He's set up to be an utter monster going into the Wrestlemania match with Cena, and...Cena crushes him. Then again. Then again. Then Cena wins that Money in the Bank match with Bray in it for funzies. Then he feuds with Jericho, loses to Jericho (and loving no one loses to Chris Jericho anymore). Bray gets his win back, but holy crap. And then Cena crushes him *again* in the infamous begging and crying match. He beats Jericho again in the wussiest fashion possible (falling out of the door in a cage match right before Jericho could do the same), and here we are now. Bray Wyatt.

• Locked thread