Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

sk posted:

just watching the replay, and cole describes the cell as "malignant" right after the susan g. komen plug
I always found it weird when JR would call a punch or something "carcinogenic" too, it's like... isn't that too scientific to use as a metaphor?

But you know what gave me a full on case of super Hepatitis? That lovely finish last night, good god WWE. Good god. You build for months to this match and throw in a Russo run-in finish that helps neither of those guys. Rollins doesn't even get the dignity of a curb stomp before the pin. That match was so close to being a classic, plus it's two PPVs in a row where they threw out the main event. Call me crazy, I'm disappointed by this malarkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

And even if Ambrose doesn't get a triumphant moment here, this wasn't great for Rollins either. I'm cool with Rollins winning dirty, but at least actually do that, something that makes Rollins look good. This finish doesn't help Rollins or Ambrose. Rollins doesn't get to hit his move, it might as well have been the fingerpoke of doom. He looks about as strong as Hogan did there. Cheating and being lucky yes, that works, this doesn't work for me.

Plus you can still feud them for the belt later even if they had a clean finish or two previously. Since I think Brock will have the belt up to WrestleMania, which is a while away, Ambrose and Rollins should be able to have satisfying moments along the way too.

Another thing is, this is so much like a repeat of Bryan getting screwed from Summerslam to Wrestlemania last year. If all you can do is drag a thing out, I don't think that's the best way to write something. They could easily have had a more definitive finish last night and came up with a way to renew or continue Ambrose/Seth whenever they wanted. If they don't want to do it yet, why keep on teasing that they are doing it? If they're not doing it, save it for later and do something now that they are actually willing to commit to now. Building is good, but it can't all be 100% building and saving for later, it's not worthwhile.

• Locked thread