Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Ref very concerned about AJ's hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I want the shoulder scabbard to be a normal part of Ambrose's entrance now. Or for him to like come to the ring with a bag of weapons like Steve Blackman.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Choosing to focus all your efforts on 3 characters to the detriment of like 50 is a stupid way to run an entertainment company, particularly when you've never had as much time to fill as you do now. But it's how Vince learned the business and it's how he ran it during its most successful period so that's what we get. I hope that it gets better once HHH takes over but I'm not holding my breath, there's just too much institutional knowledge around running a billion dollar company like a traveling carny sideshow for things to really change.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I wish people would stop thinking of Hell in a Cell as a match that ends feuds. It might have been true in the 80s but that hasn't been the case for going on 20 years now. It's especially untrue of the HiaC pay-per-view, which is always about as lackluster and pointless an event as WWE produces.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Jackie D posted:

It was actually the case until HiaC became a pay-per-view. 5 years ago. It also was a match that didn't exist until 1997.

I'm talking about cage matches in general here, but point taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I'm just remembering a lot of gently caress finishes with Kane but I'll admit those probably weigh more heavily on my mind. My main point is that Hell in the Cell has gradually morphed from "the match you use to end feuds" to just another gimmick match, albeit one where they still unjustifiably try to play up its brutality. That's not new and it's obviously how WWE sees it so wining every time we get a cell match that doesn't end a feud is just willfully denying reality.

Also I reject the idea that you need a kind of escalating hierarchy of gimmick matches to properly end a feud, and don't agree that the Rollins/Ambrose feud is ruined because there's nowhere to go from here. You can have a barnburner of a blowoff match if the people involved are good enough and the feud is hot enough; they are and it is. You only really need the trappings of a "brutal" gimmick match like HiaC if you're covering for the failings of the storyline and the people involved, which, incidentally, is one reason why we've had so many boring gimmick matches recently. The Cena/Wyatt cage match sucked not because the feud went on afterward but because the match itself sucked and the feud was terrible.

• Locked thread