Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Skinty McEdger posted:

...more over than they would like...

This is the thing that I just don't understand, conceptually. Isn't the end goal to get people over, so that you can then leverage their "over-ness", financially? If someone "accidentally" gets over, someone you weren't necessarily counting on, isn't that a good thing?

I get individual workers having their own self-concern in this regard, but as a company, isn't the goal have as many people as possible moving the needle viewer-wise, or merch-wise?

I guess if you're of the belief that different guys have different ceilings as far as all of this goes, you might lean that way, but it really seems counter-intuitive to me. Though I guess when little actions do actually get noticed (Bryan, Fandago to a lesser degree), instead of letting it grow organically, they have to put on their dad-jeans and show the kids how cool they actually are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread