Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
Amiga 2000 goon checking in. SN 004519. Mine is still intact but I haven't peered inside for over 10 years now so I'm a little afraid to. For parts I have a 1000 and I might still have the 500 Mobo somewhere. I had the 1MB fatter agnes and a 68040 with a math chip, 8 megs RAM 4 of it 32 bit wide. I used to use it to write papers, play games, make animations and do some video toaster stuff. I still have the TBC but not the software to control it. I used to use the TBC as a color bumper when I did lightshows. I also used a terminal program and a 14.4 modem to dial up SFNet and my shell account at SFState. I miss the hell out of it though. I don't have too much to add except that 32bit wide RAM really amped up the performance, probably the best single improvement I made to it. I loved the RAM disk. Also thought it was cool if ever I started running out of system RAM, it would automatically use whatever spare memory was available in the Agnes chip, so upgrading from a 512 to a 1MB chip does more than just give you access to better soundcards. I'm going to make it my 2015 resolution to figure out what my Amiga needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread