Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Meep posted:

Kung fu cat is pretty much the best special cat right? Would people suggest getting him first, or are the rare capsule cats worth going for? Also I think I read somewhere that the special cats get discounted occasionally, is that true? I got 300 cat food burning a hole in my pocket.

I have never seen special cats on discount. I use ninja cat and box cat myself.

EDIT: whelp I messed with my clock to play gba4ios. Now I don't receive daily rewards. No free cat food. No daily rolls. Not tricycle cat. :sigh:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Yeah I actually have ninja cat and box cat already, those are the only 2 guys I've bought so far. Ninja cat was good at first since he can kill little weaker individual guys fast but seems to get worse the further into the game you go due to his short attack range, low hp, and lack of AoE. The short attack range in particular is an issue since it means wall cats can't protect him so he just dies instantly to stronger attacks, particularly AoE ones. Box cats are pretty good since they have some range and AoE attacks. Kung fu cat supposedly has the highest DPS of any cat and is AoE though really I think he's mostly just a slightly upgraded giant cat so maybe I'll just try my luck with the capsules since that's more fun.

Here's an incomplete wiki that has some of the stats btw: http://battle-cats.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Shwqa posted:

I have never seen special cats on discount. I use ninja cat and box cat myself.

EDIT: whelp I messed with my clock to play gba4ios. Now I don't receive daily rewards. No free cat food. No daily rolls. Not tricycle cat. :sigh:

It should start giving rewards again as soon as the actual date catches up to where you set the clock to cheese energy.

Meanwhile, here's something:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New Rare Cat Event, I had 300 CF and

gently caress. Yes.

(The other roll was a dumb Salon Cat)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got Ninja Cat. Should I just use the rest of my Cat Food for the Rare Machine?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

I got Ninja Cat. Should I just use the rest of my Cat Food for the Rare Machine?

You should at least also get box cat.

On another note, any tips on how to deal with the level 3 boss? That thing is loving slaughtering me.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

axleblaze posted:

On another note, any tips on how to deal with the level 3 boss? That thing is loving slaughtering me.

The trick to winning is... waiting. Regular enemies constantly spawn from the enemy castle but the actual boss enemies don't spawn until you deal damage to the castle.* Send out a tank cat and let it stall with the incoming enemies (maybe throw out a weak offensive unit if tank cat gets overrun) while you build up the worker/wallet level -- you might need to send out a few more tank cats during this time. Once worker cat is at level 8 you can start pumping out units.

*later in the game stronger boss-type enemies will regularly spawn from the castle, but by then you'll know how to deal with them.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 31, 2014

Observe Me
Jan 21, 2006

I know shits bad right now with all that starving bullshit and the dust storms and we are running out of french fries and burrito coverings. But I got a solution!

Unlucky7 posted:

Used this.

My code is ish4k as well.

Used this one, thanks

Mine is ct801

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

axleblaze posted:

Actually after playing more today and paying more attention I don't think box cat is all that great either. His range is an illusion, he looks like he has long range but if you pay attention he actually just rolls up right next to tank cat and gets hit by all the same things he does.

Basically your key normal cats are tank (wall) cat, gross (legs) cat, lizard (dragon) cat, and giant cat. Tank cat holds back the enemies while gross and lizard do the damage from behind him. Giant cat on the other hand is a tank that can do massive damage. The best specials are probably Sumo since he's an upgraded wall cat, Mr., since hes a long rage high damage attacker like gross and lizard, and kung fu cat since he's an upgraded giant cat. None of the specials are that necessary really and there's nothing wrong with blowing all your cat food on capsules if you want, but I think those are the 3 special cats I would consider getting if any.

I spent some of my food on a capsule last night and got a Fortune-teller cat. He's pretty crappy, his whole thing is being able to push back flying enemies but there's barely any of those and pushing back enemies isn't super useful anyways.

Meep fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 31, 2014

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wall cat only does like 30 damage though. Gangster cat does thousands of damage up to 3600 with max treasure.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Well duh, he's a wall. The point of him is that he takes the beats so that your more expensive hard hitting cats don't have to. Spamming wall cats is pretty much the key to beating the hardest levels.

Gangster cat does alright damage, but 3600 isn't anything special. Completely maxed out gross does 4300, lizard does 8600, giant does 12040, and kung fu does 13200.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
I thought the wiki said Mr. is a short range attacker?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Shwqa posted:

Wall cat only does like 30 damage though. Gangster cat does thousands of damage up to 3600 with max treasure.

With max treasures, you can clear up to the end of chapter three with muscle cats and braves only. For the last stage in chapter 3 and everything past the fourth area in the Stories of Legend campaign, the list of usable units starts steadily shrinking until there are three primary classes left: low cost, low deployment cooldown meat shields for blocking enemy attacks (axe, tank, and basic cat all apply); long range, high damage cats that provide the bulk of your dps (dragon cat and gross cat); and massive area of effect damage dealers for breaking stalemates (valkyrie and bahamut).

The ninja cat is still quite nice because it has low cost and deployment cooldown, and it makes its attack almost instantly which is nice for dealing a bit of damage before dying horribly. The box of cats is much less useful because damage scales up in the special campaign to a point where nothing can survive a hit. It's much better to send a stream of low cost cats to get massively overkilled than it is to pay 1500 for a cat that dies in one hit anyway.

If anything, I would suggest the Boogie Cat as the best non-rare gachapon choice, for the ability to send a bunch out at once. You really should just stick to rares, though, if not for the novelty of seeing all the weird poo poo, then because if you get lucky you'll get a reward with significantly more utility than you can get from the special cats page.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Can y'all stop referring to cats by their upgraded names because gently caress if I know what those are.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey posted:

Can y'all stop referring to cats by their upgraded names because gently caress if I know what those are.

:lol: if you don't immediately grind endlessly to max a cat the second you unlock it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

My code is 0b5ba

I have no idea what Im doing at all. Except throwing cats at the bad dudes.

Observe Me posted:

Used this one, thanks

Mine is ct801

Used this one.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if you don't immediately grind endlessly to max a cat the second you unlock it.

:( but but energy

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Ritual Happiness is ending today so if you haven't got the rare cat from it yet you should use one of your treasure radars on any of the levels to get it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Highly Unnecessary posted:

Ritual Happiness is ending today so if you haven't got the rare cat from it yet you should use one of your treasure radars on any of the levels to get it.

How do you access this? I'm not seeing the option any more. Is it already gone?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is that the only thing you get from the event? I'm hung up on the level with two faces.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Len posted:

Is that the only thing you get from the event? I'm hung up on the level with two faces.

You get 30 cat food for completing the last stage, but if you're stuck on the faces you probably won't be able to clear the two Bun Bun stages.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I googled it. Evil Cat, apparently.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2014

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
It has a chance to freeze red enemies on hit, stunning them for a few seconds. It has low range and a fairly long attack animation, so it's not useful at all on difficult stages.

but it's time limited! if you don't get it you won't be able to get all the cats in the game! you fool!

EDIT: but if you didnt save your free radars from the calendar or don't have them yet, you don't need to bother. you're not missing much. And yes, it can drop from the first stage in the event area, but the drop rate is insultingly low without a radar.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Klungar posted:

How do you access this? I'm not seeing the option any more. Is it already gone?

You should see it after you click battle under Stories of Legend. There is still 6 hours left for me, but that might be a time zone thing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Thanks, found it. Got the cat, then proceeded to waste my remaining two Treasure items when I went back to the main game and hadn't realized I had hit the Lock button :suicide:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
K, so I got a giraffe cat and I got a cow cat from a cat capsule. I'm still on the first play through. Do I use the cow cat from the capsule machine to level up my giraffe cat now, or do I wait? If I wait, what do I wait until?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I got the viking cat from my free rare. Meanwhile my girlfriend pulled the ultra rare.

loving bitch.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Is there any reason to save regular cat tickets or should we use them right when we get them?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Is there a reason to use a treasure radar for Loving Labour? Any free cat there?

Deadset
Dec 5, 2004

Len posted:

Is there a reason to use a treasure radar for Loving Labour? Any free cat there?

Salaryman Cat.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Bummey posted:

Is there any reason to save regular cat tickets or should we use them right when we get them?
You should save them until you've beat chapter 2 and fully upgraded the unit the ticket is for. I believe that's the only way to get their last set up upgrades and unlock their "True Form".

Rivensteel posted:

I thought the wiki said Mr. is a short range attacker?
Is he? I just kinda assumed he had some range considering he has a gun and all, I haven't actually bought him myself.

Anyways DolphinCop knows what he's talking about more then I do, I'd take his advice and just buy rare capsules.

Meep fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 1, 2014

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007
I need more cat capsules. Are the stories of legend where they can drop? Also, has anyone gotten a cat capsule for a special or better cat?

I got the rare witch cat from the 50k likes giveaway. It says she can slow red enemies. Don't know if I'll use her yet, especially with regular cats at lvl max+.

My code is nhsd2 if you still need one.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Sharing some info on the rare cats that I have.

Flamewheel Cat- a much, much better bird/UFO cat that does more damage and doesn't die to a stiff breeze. Something with a base cost of 700 shouldn't do as much damage as this thing does, which is a fuckton and a half, and it's AoE. Evolved form looks really cool. 100% worth maxing out.

Pirate Cat- niche. Lowish damage for a rare cat, but has a nice gimmick in that it can knockback red enemies with relative frequency. If you have say, 3 of these against the Chapter 2 boss (with enough backup to handle the trash) it's never getting a chance to attack you. Rhinos aren't going to be hitting you much if at all. Outside of that ability, though, it's not great, but its evo'd form looks fantastic. Maybe throw spare change this way.

Pogo Cat- say hello to your new basic attacker. Considerably more expensive than the regular Cat, at a base cost of 160 (iirc), but has a very low reload time and is spammable as gently caress. Does a surprisingly decent chunk of damage, too! Might want to leave it at level 15 or so, I dunno.

Thief Cat- the opening move. Has a nuts ability in that any enemies it kills reward you double. Attacks fast, has alright range, good damage, probably my favorite just because of how much easier it makes starts on tough stages.

I still don't have anything capable of holding back the Chapter 3 boss, though, which is most vexing.

E: It occurs to me that with the 8 treasure radars you get from the 30 day login bonuses, you only need 3 more to score 11 copies of an event-exclusive cat, which should be enough to boost it to level 30. I don't know if they have the super ultra mega form like the regular cats do, but it might be worth a gamble.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I have just started and got an efficiency capsule. My efficiency is already at lvl 10 (max). What will happen if I use it?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

trucutru posted:

So, I have just started and got an efficiency capsule. My efficiency is already at lvl 10 (max). What will happen if I use it?

It becomes level 11 and the cap is raised to 20.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
You don't need any special cats to beat the chapter 3 boss, just all the useful stat boosting treasures from all three chapters and a small amount of luck. The trick is to summon nothing but wall cats and dragon cats for the first part of the battle. with so many monsters pouring out of the enemy base, your movement will be very slow and it'll take a long time to reach the castle, but when you do you'll have a good 20 or so dragons there. When the base is at 800k you summon your Valkyrie and switch to a summoning pattern of muscle cat -> wall cat -> brave cat on as even an interval as you can manage, while still buying dragon cats whenever they're available.

If you do it right you end up with enough dragon power to stun lock the Bun Bun, as well as enough cannon fodder to soak up the hits it occasionally gets out. The Bun Bun knocks back every 10% health and takes a ton of hits to kill, so there's still a possibility that he breaks through and destroys all your dragons at once at some point, but if you made enough progress before losing them there's still usually a chance that you can salvage if you have enough money left.

The most important point is not spending any money on units other than the ones listed above. Enemies don't spawn as often when the Bun Bun appears, so if you waste any you won't have enough for meat shields eventually and there's no chance.

my rare cats:
-Pirate Cat, Thief Cat, Viking Cat, like above
-Bishop Cat/Monk Cat, which slows floating enemies and looks cool
-Bathtub Cat/Sexy Bathtub Cat (???), a super rare that has long range like the dragon cat for half the cost, but is on a much longer cooldown. It does extra damage to red enemies
-Kotatsu Cat/Sadako Cat, a cat stuck in a TV that moves and attacks slowly, but has a ton of health

I've found that all rare capsule cats have very low cost compared to their power, but most of them have cooldowns too long to use as regulars.

Venuz Patrol fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 2, 2014

harmless_fun
Sep 25, 2007

harmless_fun posted:

I need more cat capsules. Are the stories of legend where they can drop? Also, has anyone gotten a cat capsule for a special or better cat?

I just got a cat base message that says you can get cat tickets from stages that offer them. Then it told me to google for more information about cat ticket chances stages. Googling didn't really help much; there are stages with chances of dropping tickets in the japanese version, but no info on the english one.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

So apparently there is an exploit with tapjoy that lets you give yourself as much cat food as you want. It's pretty complex though. http://pastebin.com/bWqjUXnU

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works, it might be patched already.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Shwqa posted:

It becomes level 11 and the cap is raised to 20.

To expand on this, once you complete Chapter 2 all the level caps are raised to 20. If you level a cat/upgrade to 20 and THEN get another capsule, it will say MAX +1.
I don't know for sure how high THAT can go but I think it's 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

So apparently there is an exploit with tapjoy that lets you give yourself as much cat food as you want. It's pretty complex though. http://pastebin.com/bWqjUXnU

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works, it might be patched already.
Haha, dunno if this works or not but I already got banned from Tapjoy for doing a few of their offers while putting in fake info. Now every time I go to the free cat food page I just get a message saying "Come back later for more offers!". Can't say I'm shedding any tears over it, most of their offers are borderline scams anyways.

• Locked thread