Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Meep posted:

Haha, dunno if this works or not but I already got banned from Tapjoy for doing a few of their offers while putting in fake info. Now every time I go to the free cat food page I just get a message saying "Come back later for more offers!". Can't say I'm shedding any tears over it, most of their offers are borderline scams anyways.

Open Safari and go to http://my.tapjoy.com
That's where the real offers are. You can get 15-30 cat food just for installing and running an app. You can delete it right afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is Nekoluga actually a rare pull or have they boosted the rate on it to the point where it's fairly common? Got one on my first rare attempt

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Sunblood posted:

To expand on this, once you complete Chapter 2 all the level caps are raised to 20. If you level a cat/upgrade to 20 and THEN get another capsule, it will say MAX +1.
I don't know for sure how high THAT can go but I think it's 9.

Oh. I already used one capsule to bump my wall cat from max to 11. I should have saved that until after chapter 2? It doesn't matter. Video games.

Sunblood posted:

That's where the real offers are. You can get 15-30 cat food just for installing and running an app. You can delete it right afterwards.

Heads up to anyone using another browser, most of these things won't work in other browsers and need to be done in Safari.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 2, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I just started playing this stupid cat game and can't stop. Send help.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Daily Special Stages have started showing up in the Stories of Legend. You can earn the Rich Cat item from the monday stage (allows you to start a level with the worker cat at level 8), and there's also an easy 30 cat food if you can clear all three difficulties.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DolphinCop posted:

Daily Special Stages have started showing up in the Stories of Legend. You can earn the Rich Cat item from the monday stage (allows you to start a level with the worker cat at level 8), and there's also an easy 30 cat food if you can clear all three difficulties.

Post-game challenges. :( I haven't beaten chapter 2 yet and I can't even touch the moth in the rich cat normal level.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Should I be trying to unlock treasures? I'm up to like 10 tries on one mission trying to get its treasure.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Should I be trying to unlock treasures? I'm up to like 10 tries on one mission trying to get its treasure.

How far into the game are you? They can drastically improve your stats and abilities but require a ton of grinding and aren't really necessary until things get difficult later on.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I assume I'm still in Chapter 1? I'm at Kenya. Also where should I be spending my XP mostly? Are cat study/energy worth it?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I assume I'm still in Chapter 1? I'm at Kenya. Also where should I be spending my XP mostly? Are cat study/energy worth it?

Energy yes, asap. Max Energy will bring you up to 190 total energy, which makes a big difference when you let it recharge fully. Also make sure to get Worker Cat Efficiency and Wallet and Cat Cannon Recharge and Range. I only bothered with Study, Accounting, and Research later into chapter 2.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stages get random double drop bonuses every now and then (including a "all stages have a drop bonus") which makes the treasure grind much easier if you happen to be lucky enough to see them.

I'm at 3-45 and I've hit a wall with the loving bears. Even with all treasures for attack/health on chapters 1-3 (neither 100% they tear my troops with ease.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stages get random double drop bonuses every now and then (including a "all stages have a drop bonus") which makes the treasure grind much easier if you happen to be lucky enough to see them.

I saw one of those but it was only Germany and lasted 20 minutes, not long enough to regain enough energy to give it an attempt. If they sent notifications for stuff like that it might actually be feasible to rely upon.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Max out your wallet + worker cat first, then Wall Cat, Axe Cat, and Gross / Lizard Cat. Those three can carry you through Chapter 1. I also like to upgrade the basic cat and one fast cat -- Box of Cats if you have the Food to burn, Cow Cat if you can't. The Cannon is pretty useful, but it won't save you if you're really hosed. If the enemies are at the gates and attacking your base directly, you're screwed, don't upgrade that. You'll know when you're out of Chapter 1 because you'll unlock new chapters.

I would not upgrade energy immediately. Maybe it's because I'm a Battle Cats MLG pro, but I only play the game maybe three missions at a time, which 100 Energy can get you through easy. Also upgrade XP+ (Research? Scholar Cat?0 early to get more XP to upgrade more stuff!

Bogart fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 3, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, I have accumulated some cat food and it is burning hole in my pocket. What is a good special cat to spend this poo poo on?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Skirt cat or panties cat to go with actress cat

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm at 3-45 and I've hit a wall with the loving bears. Even with all treasures for attack/health on chapters 1-3 (neither 100% they tear my troops with ease.

Did someone say they're super-low HP and they can just be cat cannoned down?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rivensteel posted:

Did someone say they're super-low HP and they can just be cat cannoned down?

That's the black bear in the challenge level.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Maxing out Cat Study and the Philosopher's Stone treasure (South Africa to Greece) are by farrrrrr the most important thing to do first. The more XP you make the faster you can increase everything else. Next I would work on Cat Energy so you can play more. Once you're done with those or just need more strength to get through a level Worker Cat Efficiency makes the biggest difference. Then get Tank Cat, Gross Cat, and Lizard Cat going and you'll be able to get through almost everything. Cat Accounting is another good one to get some levels in, and you'll need to level Worker Cat Wallet a little bit as you get Efficiency up otherwise you'll find yourself unable to afford the highest Worker Cat levels. Upgrading Wallet more then you need to is just a waste since you should be spending money not stockpiling it anyways.

trucutru posted:

So, I have accumulated some cat food and it is burning hole in my pocket. What is a good special cat to spend this poo poo on?
Just spend it on Rare capsule pulls, none of the Special cats you can spend food on are important in the long run, while some of the rare cats are quite good.

Sunblood posted:

Thanks for this, even though I'm banned from Tapjoy in game this still works and yeah the deals are way better on here anyways.

Meep fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 4, 2014

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

The main ingredient for a Cat... is happiness.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat the level 3 boss is obnoxious. There really seems to only be the one strategy for beating him and even that just doesn't seem to work half the time. The first time I beat him I only got the bronze treasure so I've been trying to get better but it seems completely random whether I can beat him or not. Sometimes I've taken him down in seconds and sometimes he just wipes out all my dragons in like two punches and then I'm screwed.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Once you've beaten it once, later attempts tend to be a lot easier. A maxed bahamut cat can knock a decent chunk of health off the bun bun with a single blow, and it can almost always have enough time to charge its attack if you're sending enough cannon fodder out.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I remember beating it forever ago (back when the game was just Battle Cats) using a bit of cat food to keep a barrage of Valkyries alive. With Cat Food being thrown around a bit more generously (assuming they keep up with events) I may end up doing just that. I just reached the 3-48 but I want to build up some treasures before giving it a try.

Also, Sanada Yukimura is loving anazing. He has a slow (bit slower than Valk) but whenever he's knocked back he immediately counter attacks. He can kill the black bear by himself because of the counter. :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 4, 2014

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Highly Unnecessary posted:

The main ingredient for a Cat... is happiness.

Everything is learning.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Is Bondage Cat a reasonable alternative to tank/wall cat or is the cost/benefit ratio not in its favor?

I got a kick out of using it in the original game but I also never finished that game so-

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, was gonna ask about alternatives to Wall Cat, namely Sumo and Bondage. Also, Alternatives to Titan Cat because sometimes he just isn't cutting it in chapter two.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within
just got into this a week ago, started chapter 3 today. code is avfil if anyone wants to help me get moneko. also, rolled on the rcm and pulled keiji, he is an absolute monster when maxed.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Invite code is t89g4 if anyone cares.

Is there supposed to be a way to combine Actress/Mother cat and Sexy Legs cat? Besides their sprites overlapping, I mean.

Also, there's currently a double-treasure event for all levels, at least for chapter 1. It ends in ten minutes or so.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

DarkHorse posted:

Is there supposed to be a way to combine Actress/Mother cat and Sexy Legs cat? Besides their sprites overlapping, I mean.

Naw, it's just the sprites overlapping, but when that happens they seem to become slightly better. I'm probably wrong about that though.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Got another weird one.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I got a Jojo cat.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I'm stuck on chapter 2 (machu pichu, so fairly near the end) and don't really want to spend too long grinding treasures but all my guys that I use (regular/wall/ninja/legs/box of cats) are max level (regular cat at level 20 bc I used an upgrade on him).

I have two gross cat upgrades. If I use one to get it to 20 and one more to get it to 30, is that good or should I grind until level 20 unlocks at end of chapter 2 and use my upgrades then? 30's the max level, right?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Use the lizard/dragon cat instead of legs cat. No need to use your gross cat upgrades until you've finished chapter 2 and have everything at level 20 (by the way, you're not allowed to spend experience on upgrades past level 20, you're only allowed to upgrade to 30 via 10 separate upgrade capsules)

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Horking Delight posted:

I'm stuck on chapter 2 (machu pichu, so fairly near the end) and don't really want to spend too long grinding treasures but all my guys that I use (regular/wall/ninja/legs/box of cats) are max level (regular cat at level 20 bc I used an upgrade on him).

I have two gross cat upgrades. If I use one to get it to 20 and one more to get it to 30, is that good or should I grind until level 20 unlocks at end of chapter 2 and use my upgrades then? 30's the max level, right?

I'm stuck on NASA in chapter 2. That rhino is untouchable and one-shots everything.

DolphinCop posted:

Use the lizard/dragon cat instead of legs cat. No need to use your gross cat upgrades until you've finished chapter 2 and have everything at level 20 (by the way, you're not allowed to spend experience on upgrades past level 20, you're only allowed to upgrade to 30 via 10 separate upgrade capsules)

Leg Cat works pretty well along with a top like Salon/Paris Cat. They're cheap individually (400/600), refresh at the same rate, and have pretty decent attacks when used together. Salon/Paris has aoe attacks, too, unlike Dragon Cat's single target.

About those capsules. Is the only way to go from 10 to 11 by using a capsule or do the post-10 levels they unlock once you've beaten chapter 2? I used a capsule to make my Tank Cat level 11, then boosted it to 20 with exp. Should I have saved that until after chapter 2?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Bummey posted:

About those capsules. Is the only way to go from 10 to 11 by using a capsule or do the post-10 levels they unlock once you've beaten chapter 2? I used a capsule to make my Tank Cat level 11, then boosted it to 20 with exp. Should I have saved that until after chapter 2?

Yes, Levels 11-20 unlock when you beat Chapter 2, so yes, you should have saved the capsule. Unlike what I previously thought, using a capsule at Level 20 doesn't unlock Levels 21-30, but to get to Level 30 you need to use 10 capsules. So, in the grand scheme of things, you need to collect 11 more instead of only 10.

Is there any way to get standard pulls more than once a day? Anything I can buy with cat food or levels I can grind?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Horking Delight posted:

Maxxed out giraffe cat should be, like, 1/2-2/3 or what you're spawning. A ninja cat or two as an opening salvo while your wallet builds, start mixing in whale cat or titan cat or legs/actress once cash flow permits.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bogart posted:

I got a Jojo cat.

The best cat is the Saint Seiya one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I have now managed to get Wheel Cat 3 times from the rare capsule machine :negative:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

axleblaze posted:

I have now managed to get Wheel Cat 3 times from the rare capsule machine :negative:

I'll trade you a viking, bishop or jurassic cat for one.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, the hard weekend level is kicking my rear end. It takes so much energy to play too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

It just keeps going!

• Locked thread