Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Kung fu cat is pretty much the best special cat right? Would people suggest getting him first, or are the rare capsule cats worth going for? Also I think I read somewhere that the special cats get discounted occasionally, is that true? I got 300 cat food burning a hole in my pocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Yeah I actually have ninja cat and box cat already, those are the only 2 guys I've bought so far. Ninja cat was good at first since he can kill little weaker individual guys fast but seems to get worse the further into the game you go due to his short attack range, low hp, and lack of AoE. The short attack range in particular is an issue since it means wall cats can't protect him so he just dies instantly to stronger attacks, particularly AoE ones. Box cats are pretty good since they have some range and AoE attacks. Kung fu cat supposedly has the highest DPS of any cat and is AoE though really I think he's mostly just a slightly upgraded giant cat so maybe I'll just try my luck with the capsules since that's more fun.

Here's an incomplete wiki that has some of the stats btw: http://battle-cats.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

axleblaze posted:

You should at least also get box cat.

On another note, any tips on how to deal with the level 3 boss? That thing is loving slaughtering me.
Actually after playing more today and paying more attention I don't think box cat is all that great either. His range is an illusion, he looks like he has long range but if you pay attention he actually just rolls up right next to tank cat and gets hit by all the same things he does.

Basically your key normal cats are tank (wall) cat, gross (legs) cat, lizard (dragon) cat, and giant cat. Tank cat holds back the enemies while gross and lizard do the damage from behind him. Giant cat on the other hand is a tank that can do massive damage. The best specials are probably Sumo since he's an upgraded wall cat, Mr., since hes a long rage high damage attacker like gross and lizard, and kung fu cat since he's an upgraded giant cat. None of the specials are that necessary really and there's nothing wrong with blowing all your cat food on capsules if you want, but I think those are the 3 special cats I would consider getting if any.

I spent some of my food on a capsule last night and got a Fortune-teller cat. He's pretty crappy, his whole thing is being able to push back flying enemies but there's barely any of those and pushing back enemies isn't super useful anyways.

Meep fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 31, 2014

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Well duh, he's a wall. The point of him is that he takes the beats so that your more expensive hard hitting cats don't have to. Spamming wall cats is pretty much the key to beating the hardest levels.

Gangster cat does alright damage, but 3600 isn't anything special. Completely maxed out gross does 4300, lizard does 8600, giant does 12040, and kung fu does 13200.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Bummey posted:

Is there any reason to save regular cat tickets or should we use them right when we get them?
You should save them until you've beat chapter 2 and fully upgraded the unit the ticket is for. I believe that's the only way to get their last set up upgrades and unlock their "True Form".

Rivensteel posted:

I thought the wiki said Mr. is a short range attacker?
Is he? I just kinda assumed he had some range considering he has a gun and all, I haven't actually bought him myself.

Anyways DolphinCop knows what he's talking about more then I do, I'd take his advice and just buy rare capsules.

Meep fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 1, 2014

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Highly Unnecessary posted:

So apparently there is an exploit with tapjoy that lets you give yourself as much cat food as you want. It's pretty complex though. http://pastebin.com/bWqjUXnU

I haven't tried it so I don't know if it works, it might be patched already.
Haha, dunno if this works or not but I already got banned from Tapjoy for doing a few of their offers while putting in fake info. Now every time I go to the free cat food page I just get a message saying "Come back later for more offers!". Can't say I'm shedding any tears over it, most of their offers are borderline scams anyways.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Maxing out Cat Study and the Philosopher's Stone treasure (South Africa to Greece) are by farrrrrr the most important thing to do first. The more XP you make the faster you can increase everything else. Next I would work on Cat Energy so you can play more. Once you're done with those or just need more strength to get through a level Worker Cat Efficiency makes the biggest difference. Then get Tank Cat, Gross Cat, and Lizard Cat going and you'll be able to get through almost everything. Cat Accounting is another good one to get some levels in, and you'll need to level Worker Cat Wallet a little bit as you get Efficiency up otherwise you'll find yourself unable to afford the highest Worker Cat levels. Upgrading Wallet more then you need to is just a waste since you should be spending money not stockpiling it anyways.

trucutru posted:

So, I have accumulated some cat food and it is burning hole in my pocket. What is a good special cat to spend this poo poo on?
Just spend it on Rare capsule pulls, none of the Special cats you can spend food on are important in the long run, while some of the rare cats are quite good.

Sunblood posted:

Open Safari and go to http://my.tapjoy.com
That's where the real offers are. You can get 15-30 cat food just for installing and running an app. You can delete it right afterwards.
Thanks for this, even though I'm banned from Tapjoy in game this still works and yeah the deals are way better on here anyways.

Meep fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 4, 2014

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Nah Value of Last Minute is the last level. It took me 2 tries to beat it, first try I got the boss down to 11%. I used continuous Wall cats backed by Bathtub cat, Delinquent cat, Dragon cat, and Valkyrie cat. No Bahamut cat since I didn't have it leveled much yet. I was also using regular cats, Gross cat, Titan cat, Moneko, and Thief cat when I could. I have at least a bronze of every treasure now and 44/48, 39/48, and 37/48 of the golds though I had less then that when I beat it a few days ago.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
My max energy is 470 with all the relevant gold treasures and maxed cat energy with no +'s. So I guess each +1 gives 10 energy then? Must max out higher then 500, unless they just have some sort of weird hard cap there.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
I got Salary Cat after beating either the 2nd last or last level myself. According to this: http://battlecats.spica-net.com/chapevent/s11.html the odds are 1% on the first level, going up to 6% on the last level, so yeah, getting it without the radar or serious grinding is pretty drat lucky. The monthly events are probably the best place to make use of the radars, so I would say just do it. You can use it on any level in the event, doesn't matter.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Does anyone have any strategy to consistently beat the weekend event hard+ and up stages? I've managed to beat hard+ once due to bahamut getting off his attack on the dark kangaroos perfectly but I haven't been able to duplicate it since.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
The Sweet XP stages get better as you get further in, Hard+ gives something around 115k if I remember right, and there's more stages past that. Combining that with a Cat Jobs (which you can grind on one of the other days) makes for some fairly sweet XP. To start with though just redoing the normal stages does get you more XP for your energy, it's just that as you get more clears on them the XP keeps dropping so eventually they become crappy.

You can also grind some Rich Cat and Sniper Cat items to help give you an edge on hard levels. I haven't actually used a Sniper Cat yet so I'm not sure how effective it is, but I could see Rich Cat being handy on levels where you get tough enemies thrown at you right away.

Otherwise every chapter you clear in there gives you 30 cat food which is nice, and there's plenty of chapters.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
Sup cave fillet buddy.

Yeah I'm stuck there too, I'm just trying to level my anti flier rares now hoping that they'll help me deal with Bun Bun. Once he goes down I figure the red devil dude shouldn't be toooo bad. I could really use another big heavy hitter like bahamut but in the like ~25 capsule pulls I've done I still haven't seen an uber rare.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

GodspeedSphere posted:

Any tips on hard+? I'm stuck :(
As far as I can tell the key is making sure bahamut can get a shot off on the 3 black kangaroos. If he hits them you win, if he doesn't you lose. So make sure when you start hitting the enemy castle you have a bunch of fodder backed by him, and don't do anything silly like knock them out of his range with the cannon as he's winding up which I totally have never done myself.

Meep
Oct 7, 2000
I've been saving up my catfood for another one of these events so I had enough to get 11 on sale pulls.

I didn't get a single above Rare cat, and got 5 Jurassic cats which are totally garbage.

Just counted my stuff up and it looks like I've done 31 pulls, of which 27 have been rares and 4 have been super rare. My Super Rares are Hip Hop Cat (crap), 2 x Bath Cat (great), and Deliquent Cat (good).

At least I did get a Salon Cat today which is considered the best of the Rares, maybe she'll help me have a chance in Cave Fillet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meep
Oct 7, 2000

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yo Hip Hop Cat is awesome. Cheap as hell, hits like a truck from short-medium range (safely behind wall cats) and has a ton of HP. He's great to deal with any early trash that rushes your base. Also slows down red enemies.
His range is barely better then wall cats, it's not enough to bring him out of range of anything that hits multiple guys. That combined with his really long windup on his attack makes it so that he never actually hits anything but the weak easy guys that you can kill with anything else anyways. Basically you would be better off using a cow or fish cat in any situation where he has use. He's not terrible, he's just not useful against anything difficult.

• Locked thread