Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
The Chapter 3 boss is just absurd. Holy loving poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

delfin posted:

Reposting from the main iOS thread: Thief Cat's alter ego Phantom Thief Cat is dapper as gently caress.

Phantom Thief Cat is ridiculously good, anything he last hits gives double the cash.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Sharing some info on the rare cats that I have.

Flamewheel Cat- a much, much better bird/UFO cat that does more damage and doesn't die to a stiff breeze. Something with a base cost of 700 shouldn't do as much damage as this thing does, which is a fuckton and a half, and it's AoE. Evolved form looks really cool. 100% worth maxing out.

Pirate Cat- niche. Lowish damage for a rare cat, but has a nice gimmick in that it can knockback red enemies with relative frequency. If you have say, 3 of these against the Chapter 2 boss (with enough backup to handle the trash) it's never getting a chance to attack you. Rhinos aren't going to be hitting you much if at all. Outside of that ability, though, it's not great, but its evo'd form looks fantastic. Maybe throw spare change this way.

Pogo Cat- say hello to your new basic attacker. Considerably more expensive than the regular Cat, at a base cost of 160 (iirc), but has a very low reload time and is spammable as gently caress. Does a surprisingly decent chunk of damage, too! Might want to leave it at level 15 or so, I dunno.

Thief Cat- the opening move. Has a nuts ability in that any enemies it kills reward you double. Attacks fast, has alright range, good damage, probably my favorite just because of how much easier it makes starts on tough stages.

I still don't have anything capable of holding back the Chapter 3 boss, though, which is most vexing.

E: It occurs to me that with the 8 treasure radars you get from the 30 day login bonuses, you only need 3 more to score 11 copies of an event-exclusive cat, which should be enough to boost it to level 30. I don't know if they have the super ultra mega form like the regular cats do, but it might be worth a gamble.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

Original_Z posted:

Crazed Cat is going today, it's the easiest one to clear and can do it with the default cats, so don't waste it!

Seems like the difficulty for the Special awakenings and the Crazed are just arbitrary and don't actually mean anything. I've been on Hard+ stages that are far tougher than Crazed Cat.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Also all fo you getting the special spooky cat is annoying because it makes it seem like they're making that WAY more common yet I've done like two pulls and got the same stupid cat that I already had :(

I ended up getting Dioramos instead, which while nice, wasn't... you know what, I'll take it, no complaints here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Is Dr. Mekako beefy enough to take a few hits from the big guys in Chapter 3?

• Locked thread