Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
The opening crawl deserves some kind of award. I don't know what specific award but I'm sure there's one that fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What are the good cats to get? Is it like the first game where, for most of the game, you only really need tank cat and ninja cat? Because that's all I have been using up to Egypt and it's going swimmingly. It's hard to tell how good something is until you've spent a couple hundred thousand exp leveling it up.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

The cat lady in the original game was really weak, moved at a speed of about two pixels every ten seconds, and required wayyy too much exp to max out. Don't get too hung up on it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Ninja Cat is the only one I ever bothered to use. They just cost too much cat food.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

axleblaze posted:

You should at least also get box cat.

On another note, any tips on how to deal with the level 3 boss? That thing is loving slaughtering me.

The trick to winning is... waiting. Regular enemies constantly spawn from the enemy castle but the actual boss enemies don't spawn until you deal damage to the castle.* Send out a tank cat and let it stall with the incoming enemies (maybe throw out a weak offensive unit if tank cat gets overrun) while you build up the worker/wallet level -- you might need to send out a few more tank cats during this time. Once worker cat is at level 8 you can start pumping out units.

*later in the game stronger boss-type enemies will regularly spawn from the castle, but by then you'll know how to deal with them.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 31, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Can y'all stop referring to cats by their upgraded names because gently caress if I know what those are.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: if you don't immediately grind endlessly to max a cat the second you unlock it.

:( but but energy

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I googled it. Evil Cat, apparently.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 31, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Is there any reason to save regular cat tickets or should we use them right when we get them?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Sunblood posted:

To expand on this, once you complete Chapter 2 all the level caps are raised to 20. If you level a cat/upgrade to 20 and THEN get another capsule, it will say MAX +1.
I don't know for sure how high THAT can go but I think it's 9.

Oh. I already used one capsule to bump my wall cat from max to 11. I should have saved that until after chapter 2? It doesn't matter. Video games.

Sunblood posted:

Open Safari and go to http://my.tapjoy.com
That's where the real offers are. You can get 15-30 cat food just for installing and running an app. You can delete it right afterwards.

Heads up to anyone using another browser, most of these things won't work in other browsers and need to be done in Safari.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 2, 2014

Bummey
May 26, 2004

DolphinCop posted:

Daily Special Stages have started showing up in the Stories of Legend. You can earn the Rich Cat item from the monday stage (allows you to start a level with the worker cat at level 8), and there's also an easy 30 cat food if you can clear all three difficulties.

Post-game challenges. :( I haven't beaten chapter 2 yet and I can't even touch the moth in the rich cat normal level.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Should I be trying to unlock treasures? I'm up to like 10 tries on one mission trying to get its treasure.

How far into the game are you? They can drastically improve your stats and abilities but require a ton of grinding and aren't really necessary until things get difficult later on.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I assume I'm still in Chapter 1? I'm at Kenya. Also where should I be spending my XP mostly? Are cat study/energy worth it?

Energy yes, asap. Max Energy will bring you up to 190 total energy, which makes a big difference when you let it recharge fully. Also make sure to get Worker Cat Efficiency and Wallet and Cat Cannon Recharge and Range. I only bothered with Study, Accounting, and Research later into chapter 2.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Stages get random double drop bonuses every now and then (including a "all stages have a drop bonus") which makes the treasure grind much easier if you happen to be lucky enough to see them.

I saw one of those but it was only Germany and lasted 20 minutes, not long enough to regain enough energy to give it an attempt. If they sent notifications for stuff like that it might actually be feasible to rely upon.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Horking Delight posted:

I'm stuck on chapter 2 (machu pichu, so fairly near the end) and don't really want to spend too long grinding treasures but all my guys that I use (regular/wall/ninja/legs/box of cats) are max level (regular cat at level 20 bc I used an upgrade on him).

I have two gross cat upgrades. If I use one to get it to 20 and one more to get it to 30, is that good or should I grind until level 20 unlocks at end of chapter 2 and use my upgrades then? 30's the max level, right?

I'm stuck on NASA in chapter 2. That rhino is untouchable and one-shots everything.

DolphinCop posted:

Use the lizard/dragon cat instead of legs cat. No need to use your gross cat upgrades until you've finished chapter 2 and have everything at level 20 (by the way, you're not allowed to spend experience on upgrades past level 20, you're only allowed to upgrade to 30 via 10 separate upgrade capsules)

Leg Cat works pretty well along with a top like Salon/Paris Cat. They're cheap individually (400/600), refresh at the same rate, and have pretty decent attacks when used together. Salon/Paris has aoe attacks, too, unlike Dragon Cat's single target.

About those capsules. Is the only way to go from 10 to 11 by using a capsule or do the post-10 levels they unlock once you've beaten chapter 2? I used a capsule to make my Tank Cat level 11, then boosted it to 20 with exp. Should I have saved that until after chapter 2?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

I'm about halfway through Chapter 2 (Norway) - not stuck yet, but where should I be spending XP? I have all the basic cats unlocked and most of the base stuff at 10 excluding Cannon Power (at 1) wallet and research. I'm also sitting on 270 cat food, is there any must-have special cats?

Max wallet and research asap.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Got a lame-rear end Pogo Cat through the 30 Cat Food promo draw. I've already got Swordsman Cat, Witch Cat, Jurassic Cat, and Swimmer Cat. While I'm sure that Masai Cat would be silly as hell, should I turn this sucker into ~110000 xp?

I got bishop cat for my rare pull :(

110,000 exp is nothing. I'd keep that cat.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Meep posted:

I got the boss down to 11%.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the most I've dropped him down to is 59%,

Where are you getting these percentages? I never see any health indicators.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

What's the trick to getting this tapjoy poo poo to work? I've followed the instructions and I'm doing it in safari but I never receive the stuff.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Tapjoy still isn't working :( It doesn't even register that I'm doing things.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Klungar posted:

Free Rare Cat Ticket for logging in today, don't miss out!

Viking Cat. Boooooo

Bummey
May 26, 2004

How am I supposed to fight the second Santa when his hits make all my guys freeze until his next attack? I killed the first one easily but the second guy is untouchable.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Non-stop stream of cats worked for me. How are you looking treasure wise and super/uber rare cat wise? Is all your poo poo leveled up?

Some of these stages look almost impossible without a dedicated cat to deal with black enemies (420 stamina XP state, I'm looking at you) and even then you have to time things right.

Every regular unit is maxed with +2-3, but I can't get tapjoy to work so I have no especially good units. I have at least silver on all treasures.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

I think I've gotten as far as I can without scumming tapjoy or paying for a small chance at getting something useful. This poo poo is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Mine used to have a matching "Like the other but not" text but it's changed a few times since.

E: also, I've started getting advertisements that pop up under my finger and take me out of the game. gently caress this game.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 1, 2014

• Locked thread