Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Mimetic posted:

So I decided that being a spellcaster in this game sucks, so I started an alt to do Archery. All my friends have told me I'm dumb for not just leveling Archery/Shadowplay on my current character, but when I point out that questing to level is much faster than waiting for labor and doing tradeskills they all give some variation of "ehhhh".

Am I actually missing something here?

Yes. You can go from 10 to 30 in under an hour hitting a vocation tonic and some worker's comps. Leveling through labor is pretty god drat fast if you want it to be.

Remember to waterfall your alt classes rather then level up 3 x 3 x 3 so one is left dangling at 10. You'll lose 2/3rd of your exp when you go back to level that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The "postcount means something" meme

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Wrap it up widestanceailures, she got owned by the *pushes up glasses* guy... Who...fucks children

:coffeepal:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Are Thunderstruck trees still hosed on pricing?

loving fishing boats man.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
postcount +1 soon i will be a verified shitposter/drama queen

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

qnqnx posted:

The "postcount means something" meme

like regdates and age of consent laws

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm actually impressed that no one's rolled this one out on me yet.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Warrior Princess posted:

like regdates and age of consent laws

The higher the number the less desirable they are

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

sword_man.gif posted:

postcount +1 soon i will be a verified shitposter/drama queen

I wasn't actually referring to anyone in the thread really. More in reference to people in the guild who seem to not understand the concept of fun.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

My coops keep breaking and getting sick, I'm done grooming young animals and going back to trees, too much effort.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
I'm hoarding goose feathers and will make a killing when they release pillows in the next patch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vermeul posted:

Probably someone that makes 300+ posts per day

:coffeepal:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Widestancer posted:

Are Thunderstruck trees still hosed on pricing?

loving fishing boats man.

They still seem to hover above 300 but people have been selling them in trade chat for as "low" as ~280 per log so depending on the time of day the price fluctuates quite a bit. Seeing as how farm carts and fishing boats help you make money so much faster than just not having them it seems somewhat fair. I expect that price to go up though with Auroria because everybody and their mom will start getting farm wagons.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

SarutosZero posted:

The higher the number the less desirable they are

:eyepop:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

apseudonym posted:

I'm done grooming young animals

No gs member has ever said this

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Another thread gassed? I just can't keep up. Did the goon squad implode?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Sadly they have been chased to apparently only post on their offsite where they claim that they're definitely not the angry ones who melted down despite that.

Goondolences.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

No gs member has ever said this

I am a bad gs member :smith:. I just want to farm ville and PvP.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

apseudonym posted:

My coops keep breaking and getting sick, I'm done grooming young animals and going back to trees, too much effort.

Wait a week, and then you can go to another continent for all your grooming needs.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

apseudonym posted:

I just want to farm ville and PvP.

This is actually a really good guild motto

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
At max level whats a normal amount of different buttons your going to be pushing while doing a decent dps rotation? All the pictures ive seen have seemingly 30+ skills on the skillbars and after playing games with minimized action bars im kind of a fan of it (the limited action bars that is).

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Beach Party posted:

At max level whats a normal amount of different buttons your going to be pushing while doing a decent dps rotation? All the pictures ive seen have seemingly 30+ skills on the skillbars and after playing games with minimized action bars im kind of a fan of it (the limited action bars that is).

Depends, as a primeval I've got 3 buffs and 7-8 abilities I use but with cool downs its not that bad. A lot of those skills are situational like a stun block or a melee combo

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Easily got another week.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Morglon posted:

They still seem to hover above 300 but people have been selling them in trade chat for as "low" as ~280 per log so depending on the time of day the price fluctuates quite a bit. Seeing as how farm carts and fishing boats help you make money so much faster than just not having them it seems somewhat fair. I expect that price to go up though with Auroria because everybody and their mom will start getting farm wagons.

Trees, not logs. And earlier it was down to like 1200 but it's a weekday now so it'll probably shoot back up.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Hello I am a normal person who would like to play this role playing game without having sex with children, I would like to know if that's possible.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Morglon posted:

Don't farm wagons require an entire Thunderstruck tree + a bunch of other crap? I thought they were going to be a "rich get richer" kind of thing, not a common item.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Broshevik posted:

Hello I am a normal person who would like to play this role playing game without having sex with children, I would like to know if that's possible.

It definitely is! You may want to stay way from any guild that has been chased off these forums and only posts on an offsite though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mimetic posted:

Don't farm wagons require an entire Thunderstruck tree + a bunch of other crap? I thought they were going to be a "rich get richer" kind of thing, not a common item.

from what I understand, two thunderstruck trees

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I was playing this game and it was fun to be able to tie people up with a skill rotation that made them unable to do anything but be stuck in an infinite CC loop but then when I went to investigate goon guilds to join I learned that they screamed at each other a lot and defended a kiddyfucker and then decided maybe I'll just play FFXIV instead and stick to Chivalry for my pubby tears.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Mimetic posted:

Only a log, some lumber, and iron really. Only took ~6~ people from my guild a day of not upgrading armour and weapons to get our first one, probably going to get another today as well. Only 1 of us is over lvl 40 atm.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Digital Fingers posted:

Only a log, some lumber, and iron really. Only took ~6~ people from my guild a day of not upgrading armour and weapons to get our first one, probably going to get another today as well. Only 1 of us is over lvl 40 atm.

That is a farm cart, the farm wagon has 4 trade pack slots and requires two thunderstruck trees

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

That is a farm cart, the farm wagon has 4 trade pack slots and requires two thunderstruck trees

O snap, thats the one they're going to put out on Nov 14th (iirc)?

Thats pretty expensive. They upgrade from the cart right? b/c i don't know what i'm going to do with the thing if they don't.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure it does not upgrade, but Farm Wagon and up are all upgradeable. Pretty dumb they did it that way, but the farm cart is still going to be worth it for you.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 27, 2014

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

bathroomrage posted:

I was playing this game and it was fun to be able to tie people up with a skill rotation that made them unable to do anything but be stuck in an infinite CC loop but then when I went to investigate goon guilds to join I learned that they screamed at each other a lot and defended a kiddyfucker and then decided maybe I'll just play FFXIV instead and stick to Chivalry for my pubby tears.

It's possible to play a game without goons. You can even play on a totally different server and never see them!

In terms of the ratio of tears/effort, I haven't found anything better than getting in a clipper and pushing around rowboats in the Two Crowns lake.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Broshevik posted:

Yes. Join Goon Squad and play with all the other goons that have nothing to do with this ridiculous poo poo and just want to enjoy the game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

30.5 Days posted:

Trees, not logs. And earlier it was down to like 1200 but it's a weekday now so it'll probably shoot back up.

As I understand it you can make four logs into one tree though, at least that's what I've been told.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Gas this thread.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Bell_ posted:

Gas this thread.

Gas all archeage threads and ban all pedos + defenders

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

Well SCT and crew can still post on AAGoons so they obviously have no need for SA now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

KittyEmpress posted:

• Locked thread