Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the "us versus them" meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Axel Serenity posted:

The problem is that he is still involved behind closed doors, can still post in AAGoons, and the guild leadership is trying to censor any discussion or jokes at SCT's expense instead of admitting he protected a pedophile. All it would take to get the discussion to stop is guild leadership going "SCT is not welcome and anyone associated with him and BFM are not welcome. Please feel free to laugh at his expense." But, instead, they continue to tiptoe around the issue, shout down dissenters, and attempt to sweep discussion under the rug instead of just outright saying they have cut ties with some internet BFF of theirs. The last time I heard Dodgy in Mumble making a state of the guild address, he literally said "We've been working with act and others for Auroria planning." So, no, he is not cast out as he should be.

Just because someone isn't a pedophile themselves doesn't mean they aren't supporting a culture that condones it. Nothing changes if these people aren't shown that there are actual consequences to being pieces of poo poo, and no game is more important than an actual child being groomed by some creepster. If the guild would straight up say that instead of going "Oh, but we kicked him! See! We're totally not still chatting with them in private mumble servers or anything!" then the problem would be solved. But instead of laughing at how dumb SCT was, people rage out and end up stirring poo poo over their e-friends.

But the wool!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eminai posted:

Please quote the guy who literally talked about it being okay and normal to get 16 year olds drunk and gently caress them, cause I'm pretty sure nobody said that.

Regardless, that poo poo isn't begging to be trolled, it's begging to be banned. Saying that ArcheAge threads are open season because of what sct did would only make sense if sct was even remotely associated with the guild. He's not, pretty much nobody that was an officer when this poo poo started still is. The only continuous thread I can see from then until now is that BFM was kicked, and still is kicked.

Cowcaster banned two people for the whole haha we can get 16 year olds drunk and gently caress them in the UK thing this last week. Check the Lepers Colony dumbass.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Eminai posted:

Please quote the guy who literally talked about it being okay and normal to get 16 year olds drunk and gently caress them, cause I'm pretty sure nobody said that.

Regardless, that poo poo isn't begging to be trolled, it's begging to be banned. Saying that ArcheAge threads are open season because of what sct did would only make sense if sct was even remotely associated with the guild. He's not, pretty much nobody that was an officer when this poo poo started still is. The only continuous thread I can see from then until now is that BFM was kicked, and still is kicked.

yo i'm gonna make this real simple for you to understand. its really easy.

alright so pedo defender dude was kicked, everyone enjoys the game blah blah blah. the thread gets back on track for a few days and things seem to go okay. then out of nowhere some dumb goon decides that now is the time to share his loving retarded opinion for no reason and brings it all up again. then the cycle starts again with imps coming in and goading more goons to share more dumb opinions and the thread gets gassed and a new one pops up and it repeats again.

i mean seriously why even post something like this:

Tahirovic posted:

We can get 16 year old girls drunk, entirely legal. Use this as food for your next troll attempts, maybe some of them will actually be witty and not just boring.

the answer is that some people are loving stupid and cant just lets things go.

Look at this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

besides maybe one trollbait post that everyone ignored, the thread chugs along fine.

Next page, some dude that plays the game decides its time to import drama from the game into the thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=129

what did you think would happen? as a mod, what do you expect me to do about this? ban him for saying that he got banned from guild in the game?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
And here Grithok almost lured me back to this horrible game with his post in the griefing thread.

Did the other thread seriously get gassed because of this poo poo? That's hilarious if so.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus, Axel Serenity and Eonwe: well liked, have reasonable opinions and can post freely, are the cool kids

Eminai: "Fart gently caress hell kewpuh loves pedos", ignores all evidence and probably doesn't have a thick meaty satisfying cock like the cool kids

Everyone else: lol Eminai is a human being

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

I will make the offsite for normal people.

PM me the info and I'll add it to the OP along with the stuff Sulley had and anything Kimsemus pms me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kewpuh posted:

alright so pedo defender dude was kicked, everyone enjoys the game blah blah blah. the thread gets back on track for a few days and things seem to go okay. then out of nowhere some dumb goon decides that now is the time to share his loving retarded opinion for no reason and brings it all up again. then the cycle starts again with imps coming in and goading more goons to share more dumb opinions and the thread gets gassed and a new one pops up and it repeats again.

Look at this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

besides maybe one trollbait post that everyone ignored, the thread chugs along fine.

Next page, some dude that plays the game decides its time to import drama from the game into the thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668229&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=129

what did you think would happen? as a mod, what do you expect me to do about this? ban him for saying that he got banned from guild in the game?

I get what you're saying here but on the other hand importing drama to the last thread was basically a lot of the content there as well.

I don't really give a poo poo either way, the entire thing has been pretty hilarious from the sidelines.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Kewpuh posted:

Look at this page:

Isn't importing drama against the rules though? I mean, poo poo, probate him for a low effort post or something if you don't want to ban him for drama importing. I just want a readable ArcheAge thread, why are people acting like this is such an unreasonable request?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Eminai posted:

Isn't importing drama against the rules though? I mean, poo poo, probate him for a low effort post or something if you don't want to ban him for drama importing. I just want a readable ArcheAge thread, why are people acting like this is such an unreasonable request?

This thread was readable until you started posting in it.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Eminai posted:

:ironicat:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Eminai posted:

Kewpuh posted:

alright so pedo defender dude was kicked, everyone enjoys the game blah blah blah. the thread gets back on track for a few days and things seem to go okay. then out of nowhere some dumb goon decides that now is the time to share his loving retarded opinion for no reason and brings it all up again.

Look at this page:

It's right there, man!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eminai posted:

Well uhhhh you see the thread is readable until people do dumb poo poo and get their nuts kicked for it.

Everyone cowering on the offsite could and should easily post here with no interference if they could just you know not defend kiddiefuckers and their apologists.

Why is that hard

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Eminai posted:

because at that point in the thread it was entirely plausible that he was banned for voicing some sort of opinion on the state of playing with people that defended some dude for taking advantage of a young girl. i guess it turned out that he was banned for quitting the guild like a baby or something i dont know but by then here we go again and the thread is careening down the side of a mountain and i will never give enough of a poo poo to sit here and read a thread about an mmo and try to put the pieces together like a detective when its so much easier for me to just gas yet another stupid archeage thread.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Look I even added it to the OP of you want to be a pedophile apologist just report yourself so you can be banned right now like Cowcaster said this last week.

Now we can talk about mother loving coops and Thug tree farms and poo poo homeys

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Axel Serenity posted:

The problem is that he is still involved behind closed doors, can still post in AAGoons, and the guild leadership is trying to censor any discussion or jokes at SCT's expense instead of admitting he protected a pedophile. All it would take to get the discussion to stop is guild leadership going "SCT is not welcome and anyone associated with him and BFM are not welcome. Please feel free to laugh at his expense." But, instead, they continue to tiptoe around the issue, shout down dissenters, and attempt to sweep discussion under the rug instead of just outright saying they have cut ties with some internet BFF of theirs. The last time I heard Dodgy in Mumble making a state of the guild address, he literally said "We've been working with act and others for Auroria planning." So, no, he is not cast out as he should be.

Just because someone isn't a pedophile themselves doesn't mean they aren't supporting a culture that condones it. Nothing changes if these people aren't shown that there are actual consequences to being pieces of poo poo, and no game is more important than an actual child being groomed by some creepster. If the guild would straight up say that instead of going "Oh, but we kicked him! See! We're totally not still chatting with them in private mumble servers or anything!" then the problem would be solved. But instead of laughing at how dumb SCT was, people rage out and end up stirring poo poo over their e-friends' honor because "he led fun raids."

Not all of us. I don't think Eonwe should have been kicked for making fun of SCT/supporters, I think he was entitled to his opinion and posted a thread indicating as such. I think people should be welcome to express their opinions and if you do something that 98% of goons disapprove of, trolling is only natural. Don't speak in sweeping rhetoric using phrases like "guild leadership" like all of us are fine with the current state of affairs (I know you are not either) -- we're not. I've said here and in the offsite I don't think SCT or many others involved should be welcomed back to the guild after they went pirate, but I'm viewed as "radical".

You, myself, and a number of other goons feel the same but getting the guild to pull the trigger is hard. Eonwe was kicked by an officer without consulting the others for trolling the poo poo out of someone, which, unless I'm misinformed, shouldn't be, and has never been, against the rules.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 27, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

gas yet another stupid archeage thread.

solution found do that

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Not all of us. I don't think Eonwe should have been kicked for making fun of SCT/supporters, I think he was entitled to his opinion and posted a thread indicating as such. I think people should be welcome to express their opinions and if you do something that 98% of goons disapprove of, trolling is only natural. Don't speak in sweeping rhetoric using phrases like "guild leadership" like all of us are fine with the current state of affairs -- we're not. I've said here and in the offsite I don't think SCT or many others involved should be welcomed back to the guild after they went pirate, but I'm viewed as "radical".

Kimsemus 2016

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

solution found do that

Or you dumb fucks could act like normal people

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Widestancer posted:

Or you dumb fucks could act like normal people

Normal people are scary, I'll just hide indoors and keep tending my virtual chicken coops.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

Not all of us. I don't think Eonwe should have been kicked for making fun of SCT/supporters, I think he was entitled to his opinion and posted a thread indicating as such. I think people should be welcome to express their opinions and if you do something that 98% of goons disapprove of, trolling is only natural. Don't speak in sweeping rhetoric using phrases like "guild leadership" like all of us are fine with the current state of affairs -- we're not. I've said here and in the offsite I don't think SCT or many others involved should be welcomed back to the guild after they went pirate, but I'm viewed as "radical".

There is some really small vocal minority that think SCT is going to return to Goon Squad like some prophesized messiah. Those people deserve to be ridiculed.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Aleth posted:

Normal people are scary, I'll just hide indoors and keep tending my virtual chicken coops.

Thats normal and fun :3:

ragnoxiii posted:

There is some really small vocal minority that think SCT is going to return to Goon Squad like some prophesized messiah. Those people deserve to be ridiculed.

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones

Aleth posted:

Duck coops are how you make the big money.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ragnoxiii posted:

I agree wholeheartedly, which, unless I'm mistaken, sat at the core of Eonwe's "trolling".

In any case, I'd like to just take things back and just talk about AA stuff. I feel pretty strongly guild drama should be confined to the offsite wherever possible.

Speaking off, Widestancer, could you add the info for the various AA goon guilds to the OP? I don't know, I might have missed it, sorry if you already posted it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ragnoxiii posted:

thats mostly what I was doing this morning

I agree with Kimsemus. Barring any dumb idiot goons that want to defend pedophilia or whatever, lets talk about some Archeage.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

the blurred text here is "teen virginity to each other"

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Kewpuh is just a teen virginity mod

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I got kicked from guild for condemning kid fuckers.... slippery soap.....

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Eonwe posted:

this seems pretty reasonable, Kimsemus is a pretty cool guy and I know he does whats best for the guild and is a good upstanding MMO HMO citizen

same with stormagle

I've already had multiple offers to be reinvited, but I think I'm going to play solo for a while. :)

Wait why did you get kicked? I missed this drama

E: kewpuh is a good mod, I was wrong when I called him bad on the off site when the drama first started. You guys should listen to him

apseudonym fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 28, 2014

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

I agree wholeheartedly, which, unless I'm mistaken, sat at the core of Eonwe's "trolling".

In any case, I'd like to just take things back and just talk about AA stuff. I feel pretty strongly guild drama should be confined to the offsite wherever possible.

Speaking off, Widestancer, could you add the info for the various AA goon guilds to the OP? I don't know, I might have missed it, sorry if you already posted it.

How come I don't see you in game much anymore? We need some firm hands these days.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Absolutely!

I think most of it is in the second post of the other thread and I'll get it all in

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

In other, game-related news, I finally put a small plot down on Dewstone and oh lordy the money is gonna be rolling in. I did four runs during yesterday's Sand/Hellswamp/Halc peace just because staging packs there cuts a good 8 minutes or so off my old run route. Still figuring out a way to utilize this space for gilda runs somehow, but it's infinitely better than my old Lilyut plot was.

Anyone worried about land should definitely consider searching for small plots. 16x16s and Thatched are all taken, but 8x8s can usually be found in prime locations if you look around, and they can be incredibly useful. I don't even use my farms to grow trade pack materials and they're still worth it just to have space to grow items that sell or otherwise stage packs I crafted off the AH. It might be a slower profit than growing your own materials, but you can still afford a month playtime easy with just a couple small farms and using it to its potential.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Third World Reggin posted:

I will make the offsite for normal people.

What is the state of non GS guilds on azanreb?

I cant be in GS because I keep getting banned on AAgoons despite not having played the game since the last time I was unbanned.

My Auroria thunderstruck tree venture was a success. The small seed money of 250g let me harvest 4 trees, 3 for myself, 1 to the donor.

Its sounds stupid and nigh unprovable, but could there be a cap on thunderstrucks per day? The rate was much better than when the massive illegal farms were in full swing.

Now that im flush with gold again, i think i want to play this terrible and fun game again

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 28, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Fauxtool posted:

The pirate guild seems to be doing pretty well

thebandbeforetime
May 26, 2010
I enjoy playing this game after work as a member of goon squad. also I don't care for sexual predators or pay much attention to internet drama

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If anyone wants their guild info in the OP pm it to me

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

Not really. Almost all of them are pirate and persona non grata in GS. The rest of the leadership as far as I know are all non-alpha goons and have no ties to SCT. One or two have returned from piracy and went back pirate within days. Trying to completely cleanse the off site is a different matter, and the struggle with that continues. It would be nice if the non-retarded goons could convene here, but someone always has to come and self-own themselves every week.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I cordially invite all non retarded AA goons to this thread and if someone self owns I'll let them cut in line in front of me to make fun of them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

I cant be in GS because I keep getting banned on AAgoons despite not having played the game since the last time I was unbanned.

My Auroria thunderstruck tree venture was a success. The small seed money of 250g let me harvest 4 trees, 3 for myself, 1 to the donor.

Its sounds stupid and nigh unprovable, but could there be a cap on thunderstrucks per day? The rate was much better than when the massive illegal farms were in full swing.

Now that im flush with gold again, i think i want to play this terrible and fun game again

gently caress my life

I've planted 300 cherry trees, my friends have planted 150 apiece, I've planted 300 cedars, and 300 pines

0 thunderstrucks

I was there for every single phase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Fauxtool posted:

some of us still play on east

the rest play lightly and also play other bad games

bad games are fun when you play with friends

• Locked thread