Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If it keeps happening on a weekly basis we can make a celebration out of it in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

gently caress my life

I've planted 300 cherry trees, my friends have planted 150 apiece, I've planted 300 cedars, and 300 pines

0 thunderstrucks

I was there for every single phase

i think the game actively discriminates against long term users and gives the benefits to new players so they stick around. You know, like Tinder. I dont actually believe this, that would be retarded and more coding work than they are capable of

People say that it can happen at any growth phase, I have only ever had it happen on the last one right before mature. 25 or so thunderstrucks is not a reliable sample size but its something.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 28, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

bad games are fun when you play with friends

Most of the remaining goons have condensed into special interest groups doing just that, having fun in a bad game with friends. We are working on getting those groups to work together to do other cool poo poo.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

Not really. Almost all of them are pirate and persona non grata in GS. The rest of the leadership as far as I know are all non-alpha goons and have no ties to SCT. One or two have returned from piracy and went back pirate within days. Trying to completely cleanse the off site is a different matter, and the struggle with that continues. It would be nice if the non-retarded goons could convene here, but someone always has to come and self-own themselves every week.

Then the current leadership needs to put their foot down and make that clear, because it's still hard to log in at peak times without a ton of people in guild chat shouting "IMP ZONE" and "oh god stop stirring poo poo up by mentioning SCT!" A few people like Kimsemus are willing to say "If you stick up for SCT you are dumb," but somewhere there's power being lost to actually do anything about it, especially with Dodgy being gone and openly working with SCT behind the scenes anyway.

Eonwe posted:

gently caress my life

I've planted 300 cherry trees, my friends have planted 150 apiece, I've planted 300 cedars, and 300 pines

0 thunderstrucks

I was there for every single phase

Keep trying, friend. I had my one TS from a Pine, if that makes any difference. I know people are all about cedars nowadays, but I'm a traditionalist like that. Hoping for another so I can finally buy a thatched plot. :shobon:

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Axel Serenity posted:

Then the current leadership needs to put their foot down and make that clear

That's the plan. And Kimsemus hasn't even logged on in days. It's other people stomping out those kinds of things.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Axel Serenity posted:

Then the current leadership needs to put their foot down and make that clear, because it's still hard to log in at peak times without a ton of people in guild chat shouting "IMP ZONE" and "oh god stop stirring poo poo up by mentioning SCT!" A few people like Kimsemus are willing to say "If you stick up for SCT you are dumb," but somewhere there's power being lost to actually do anything about it, especially with Dodgy being gone and openly working with SCT behind the scenes anyway.

Keep trying, friend. I had my one TS from a Pine, if that makes any difference. I know people are all about cedars nowadays, but I'm a traditionalist like that. Hoping for another so I can finally buy a thatched plot. :shobon:

Yeah I planted more trees at once than he did ever. Dont waste your farms on trees, get something that fruits or lays eggs. Do your trees illegally. I can show you some sick nasty spots that are usable on weekdays.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

Yeah I planted more trees at once than he did ever. Dont waste your farms on trees, get something that fruits or lays eggs. Do your trees illegally. I can show you some sick nasty spots that are usable on weekdays.

Yeah I know, I'm just bound by labor requirements because its illegal farming. If you do want to show me some spots that would be great. Name is Eonwe in game.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ragnoxiii posted:

That's the plan. And Kimsemus hasn't even logged on in days. It's other people stomping out those kinds of things.

I was logged in today.

The problem as I see it, pre Auroria, is since I've already made my money and built up my land holdings, there isn't much to do. Piracy is entertaining but for many goons who still need gold, time=money, and fishing is just a better way to do it, and I've really no interest in any more fishing myself.

I'm still very much involved with what is going on, but for many players, this is a CD period until Auroria drops.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Yeah I know, I'm just bound by labor requirements because its illegal farming. If you do want to show me some spots that would be great. Name is Eonwe in game.

Labor shouldnt really be an issue because you arent supposed to chop the trees down. The farm should be big enough that even if someone finds it and starts chopping they wont be able to chop it all. Them "stealing" your trees is doing you a favor by clearing the land for more trees. As long as you are logging in often enough to get the thunderstrucks, who cares.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

I was logged in today.

The problem as I see it, pre Auroria, is since I've already made my money and built up my land holdings, there isn't much to do. Piracy is entertaining but for many goons who still need gold, time=money, and fishing is just a better way to do it, and I've really no interest in any more fishing myself.

I'm still very much involved with what is going on, but for many players, this is a CD period until Auroria drops.

That's fine, I'm glad you are ready. A lot of Goons are not and they need strong active leadership to pull them through this period of aimlessness. Wasn't a dig at you , more to highlight changes in the way leadership is handling things.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Axel Serenity posted:

The issue is that small minority also has a decent amount of control in terms of invites, bans, guild resources, planning, etc. It's definitely not all leaders (I know you've been fighting the good fight for awhile, Kimsemus), but the group that does stick up for SCT is unfortunately ruining it for the 99% of goons that understand what's going on and no one has the power to tell them otherwise.

In other, game-related news, I finally put a small plot down on Dewstone and oh lordy the money is gonna be rolling in. I did four runs during yesterday's Sand/Hellswamp/Halc peace just because staging packs there cuts a good 8 minutes or so off my old run route. Still figuring out a way to utilize this space for gilda runs somehow, but it's infinitely better than my old Lilyut plot was.

Anyone worried about land should definitely consider searching for small plots. 16x16s and Thatched are all taken, but 8x8s can usually be found in prime locations if you look around, and they can be incredibly useful. I don't even use my farms to grow trade pack materials and they're still worth it just to have space to grow items that sell or otherwise stage packs I crafted off the AH. It might be a slower profit than growing your own materials, but you can still afford a month playtime easy with just a couple small farms and using it to its potential.

That's a good staging spot, I should look for one as well.

I've been doing a lot of cheese packs because I hate running carts from TC but it does take up a lot of space.

Kimsemus posted:

I was logged in today.

PVP. Goons are woefully unready for land PVP and no amount of money will fix that.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Stolen from a random jabber link, potential Farm Cart design basis?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thronde posted:

Stolen from a random jabber link, potential Farm Cart design basis?

someone washes those balls, they are normally covered in poop

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ragnoxiii posted:

That's fine, I'm glad you are ready. A lot of Goons are not and they need strong active leadership to pull them through this period of aimlessness. Wasn't a dig at you , more to highlight changes in the way leadership is handling things.

Well, my issues with leadership are entirely with the ~drama~ going on. As far as the game itself goes, I think we're doing ok given all the circumstances going on. Fishing raids are plentiful, we have quite a few goons doing regular gilda runs, and GHA is a normal occurrence. I think most of the issues we're having with a guild in terms of direction are really things beyond our control.

Like, a ton of poo poo just got straight up locked out from us by XL and Trion when the game came out. Because Freedich allowed housing, FC could just port everyone in when a guild tried to turn in packs. Locking that island down was a huge advantage to have in the first week or two of game time, and we really have no choice but to play catch-up on a lot of fronts because there was simply nothing we could do until a change of game mechanics gets patched in with that. A lot of goons are also upset about land, but that's another thing we have no control over. We're losing people because they can't take advantage of a game mechanic they paid real money for, and until we get land-grab hacks patched out and more land areas patched in, PVP will remain secondary to a lot of members who still don't have even a 16x16 down yet, let alone cottages or thatched houses.

I see a lot of people complaining that "there's no one doing anything" or "we need direction," but as a generalist who likes a lot of different aspects of the game, I see poo poo going on all the time. It's just that our hands really are tied on a lot of the big issues people are concerned about due to having to play catch-up after losing Freedich that first week. Our FC pact helps a little bit, but we can only get people merchant ships (and therefore gold to buy the goods they need for other aspects of the game) so fast before November 4th.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

Labor shouldnt really be an issue because you arent supposed to chop the trees down. The farm should be big enough that even if someone finds it and starts chopping they wont be able to chop it all. Them "stealing" your trees is doing you a favor by clearing the land for more trees. As long as you are logging in often enough to get the thunderstrucks, who cares.

Oh I know, but its 10 labor per tree planted and then I need to actually make a bit of money doing some trade packs, so I'm really limited to 200 trees a day.

Nerevar Indoril
Dec 27, 2005
That's not funny, Ruth. I was a slave.
Just started playing a few days ago on Aranzeb, what guild do I apply to? I skimmed the last thread enough to know about the drama, so is Goon Squad still who I should apply to?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't someone in one of the previous thread write a big post about diving and the titles that came with it? If anyone has a link to that I'd appreciate it since info related to this stuff is pretty hard to find.

Nerevar Indoril posted:

Just started playing a few days ago on Aranzeb, what guild do I apply to? I skimmed the last thread enough to know about the drama, so is Goon Squad still who I should apply to?

Goon Squad is the largest and most active guild on Aranzeb. Most of the idiots have been weeded out so its fine now. The officers are willing to stamp out anyone that acts like a moron now.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Nerevar Indoril posted:

The drama that leaks over is mostly aftershocks of something that happened last month. As of right now, if you rolled on the West (Nuian/Elf) you should join Goon Squad by heading to aagoons.com and getting authed. If anything we can help you get started and if you decide you need a break from GS we'll try to help point you to the least poo poo alternative.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Any goons doing cooking and/or have a decent cooking guide? Seems we need someone to start churning out the cooking buffs (food/drinks) for pvp poo poo

LunaDeus
Jul 5, 2014
What purpose do the private workbenches actually serve? Is it just for people that can't be assed walking to the merchants?

Also is there a difference between the private workbenches and the regal ones?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

apseudonym posted:

PVP. Goons are woefully unready for land PVP and no amount of money will fix that.

Whatever happened to farming event gear for our tanks? Did all the other healers quit because they were sick of paying respec and repair costs for gear that wouldn't benefit them?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think you can only do high level crafting on regal ones.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Thronde posted:

Any goons doing cooking and/or have a decent cooking guide? Seems we need someone to start churning out the cooking buffs (food/drinks) for pvp poo poo

Cooking is a lot like alchemy in terms of leveling only you get a million billion barley then craft the basic poo poo until you get to the level that lets you craft what you actually want. It's very tedious to actually do and usually you can pick up the good food for dirt cheap on the exchange anyway.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Internet Kraken posted:

Didn't someone in one of the previous thread write a big post about diving and the titles that came with it? If anyone has a link to that I'd appreciate it since info related to this stuff is pretty hard to find.

If you're dumb enough to grind them out there's Master of the Phoenix, Master of the Deep, and Master of the Faun. MoD is the "easiest" and only requires days of played time grinding jars for 69 Alecto's Journals which have a small drop rate as it is, plus the 7 tools to combine each set of 10 Journals. MoP and MoF are completely masochistic as you must go and camp treasure spawns next to shipwrecks which give the shittiest vendorable loot ever, require crafted items to recover, and take a while to traverse between. Iyor's (80 journals, 8 tools) journals are Faun, Rudal's (86 journals, 8 tools) journals are Phoenix. Also if you don't have your bank space expanded out to max lol because the journal items can't be sent to alts. My jar locations are posted with sextant coordinates near the last page of the gassed thread.

The journals are low drop rates on every treasure chest you recover.

Internet Kraken posted:

Goon Squad is the largest and most active guild on Aranzeb.

Heh.

e: Oh I get it the largest and most active goon guild on Aranzeb.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 28, 2014

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Unguided posted:

Whatever happened to farming event gear for our tanks? Did all the other healers quit because they were sick of paying respec and repair costs for gear that wouldn't benefit them?

We've opted for mindless bloodshed on the high seas.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

ragnoxiii posted:

We've opted for mindless bloodshed on the high seas.

Did some of that tonight, Wiped a Man Up ship twice (maybe even three times, they just kept coming back) and killed Umji and some other FC guys in a genuine :goodfight: scenario just for the sake of making fights. And someone got a pair of packs stolen from some poor lowbies boating about randomly.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Thronde posted:

Did some of that tonight, Wiped a Man Up ship twice (maybe even three times, they just kept coming back) and killed Umji and some other FC guys in a genuine :goodfight: scenario just for the sake of making fights. And someone got a pair of packs stolen from some poor lowbies boating about randomly.

FC who got baited into our empty merchant ship right after we wiped man-up, probably thinking that we had a load and were easy pickings weakened from the previous fight. In fact I think we despawned one of our merchant ships during the fight with man up so they probably thought we lost one of them and were trying to recover packs. Feedz had us on radar from his junk in Seachild Wharf and the moment we destroyed the Man Up ships is when Unji's clipper made a b-line for us. RIP them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It was pretty silly all things considered, given that 3 guilds got into a huge sea battle over a grand total of zero packs. Hell I think the only ship casualty was Unji's clipper.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

It was pretty silly all things considered, given that 3 guilds got into a huge sea battle over a grand total of zero packs. Hell I think the only ship casualty was Unji's clipper.

Absolutely hilarious and loads of fun.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
If you actually care about the internet pixels in ArcheAge beyond the value of making pubs cry for losing their time and/or effort you are doing it wrong. Griefing FC is always a noble activity.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Fauxtool posted:

What is the state of non GS guilds on azanreb?

I cant be in GS because I keep getting banned on AAgoons despite not having played the game since the last time I was unbanned.

My Auroria thunderstruck tree venture was a success. The small seed money of 250g let me harvest 4 trees, 3 for myself, 1 to the donor.

Its sounds stupid and nigh unprovable, but could there be a cap on thunderstrucks per day? The rate was much better than when the massive illegal farms were in full swing.

Now that im flush with gold again, i think i want to play this terrible and fun game again

After the east goon guild dissolved, I have where we should go for a new home in a couple of goons suggested forestcrow. I was probably being trolled, but assuming I wasn't if youre an east goon you should probably hit them up. I'll be checking with them when I get home from work today myself, but I severely doubt you'll have a problem getting into forestcrow for obvious reasons. :v:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have Goonsquad's info to add to the OP anyone else?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
I can send you the text file for the OP I had, if you want. Should save you some time on formatting.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Widestancer posted:

I have Goonsquad's info to add to the OP anyone else?

Me and some friends started a small, chill group on Aranzeb last night, I'll pm you the info when I can be bothered to write something up later.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
For (thunderstruck) science:

Didn't play all weekend until late Sunday, but planted some pines on Thursday. Went to an NFL game Sunday, watched my team lose.

Came home to my second thunderstruck, in the SAME exact corner of my 16x16 I got my first TS tree at.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

sulley posted:

I can send you the text file for the OP I had, if you want. Should save you some time on formatting.

That'd be pretty awesome. Boothsbeard@gmail.com or just PM me.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Still waiting on Auroria.

*yawn*

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Widestancer posted:

That'd be pretty awesome.

Just sent it to you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

sulley posted:

Just sent it to you.

I have updated the OP with what you sent me, the current guild info I have available and :havlat:200% more Wooper:havlat:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Widestancer posted:

I have updated the OP with what you sent me, the current guild info I have available and :havlat:200% more Wooper:havlat:.

Just wanted to note that Too East, Too Furrious has dissolved, so it should probably be removed from the goon guild list.

• Locked thread