Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

CompeAnansi posted:

Just wanted to note that Too East, Too Furrious has dissolved, so it should probably be removed from the goon guild list.

Thanks! I'll update it :wooper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If you've ever used the auction house for selling you might have noticed how when you're listing an item it sets itself for the lowest amount it's on sale for by default. People try to take advantage of that by listing one of those items for half of what it's worth or less trying to snipe things other people put up without checking. This almost never happens. What that means for you though is that if you have two minutes to spare you can get the materials for say Gweonid Dyed Feathers for half off just by buying the single items those people list and will keep relisting for a while before they catch on. This works for a bunch of stuff that's used a bunch and while it's not a ton of money it's still some and messes with people so I do it as much as I can.

Oh, also it's 1 labor they have to use for every item I buy.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 28, 2014

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I don't really get the waiting for Auroria stuff. What do you think Auroria is going to add that isn't already in the game? Is a 10 man PvE experience that exciting? At most it'll have some big zerg battles for a day or two while castles are claimed. After that it'll be just like war time zones.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Widestancer, would you mind adding the pirate guild, Customer Support, to the OP?

Thanks in advance.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

App13 posted:

Widestancer, would you mind adding the pirate guild, Customer Support, to the OP?

Thanks in advance.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Also, really hoping that server going up is timely on 11/4. I have 4 thatched I need to put down, and I'll be bummed if I miss it.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Spent an hour or two just sitting on my merch ship radar solo pirating people going from Dewstone/Marianople/Two Crowns to Solzreed while eating breakfast and sipping tea.

To me that's peak ArcheAge.

Also thanks trion I didn't pay for any of this patron but I'm not complaining every once in a while that expiration goes forward a month.

A note on pirating:
Clippers ain't got radars but some of the routes people are taking this time of day (past 3 PM EDT) to slide into cinderstone's peace are screaming radar programs. Like when you wait to cross the sound with your harpoon clipper just off the shore for 3 minutes until I back up the my MS which is way out of your draw distance. Or when clippers make real random sharp turns to not go anywhere near my MS well out of draw distance range. Like... I can watch your boat on my MS radar I'm not dumb. Most of the time pirating is great it's just some people you just can't help laughing. For every one suspicious dude who takes a really strange route upon coming into my radar range there's 20 who don't. Shoutouts to <Valor>, <UDL>, <Southern Legends>, <Pirates of The Caribbean>, <Praetorian Company>, etc. for the packs.

Like if you had a solid squad of about 5 people, two teams of two on harpoon clippers and one dude on the MS radar you could absolutely rake in the packs.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 28, 2014

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Morglon posted:

If you've ever used the auction house for selling you might have noticed how when you're listing an item it sets itself for the lowest amount it's on sale for by default. People try to take advantage of that by listing one of those items for half of what it's worth or less trying to snipe things other people put up without checking. This almost never happens. What that means for you though is that if you have two minutes to spare you can get the materials for say Gweonid Dyed Feathers for half off just by buying the single items those people list and will keep relisting for a while before they catch on. This works for a bunch of stuff that's used a bunch and while it's not a ton of money it's still some and messes with people so I do it as much as I can.

Oh, also it's 1 labor they have to use for every item I buy.

I caught onto this scam as soon as I noticed that things like Milk and Lemons would be going for less than half of their normal rate. With anything that seems abnormal I take 10 seconds per item and make sure the rate for large stacks lines up with the quick listing amount. In other news, I've hit the loving RNG jackpot and have got 2 Thunderstrucks in the last 24 hours from my Solzreed farms. Now to decide if I want to grind out the 250 gildas for a fishing boat, or get a farm wagon after farming some Auroria mats next week.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Hi I'm a normal person and I have opinions about Archeage.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

App13 posted:

Thanks in advance.

On it

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Also, really hoping that server going up is timely on 11/4. I have 4 thatched I need to put down, and I'll be bummed if I miss it.

It's already awesome enough that they're opening Auroria on a Tuesday, so the competition will be maybe half as much as it would be on the weekend. I'm hoping they turn it on at like 10am PST so I can drop at least 2 thatched plots up there.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Eonwe posted:

You can't place anything until a castle is actually claimed in that zone afaik.

Anyone looking to play land baron will need to know when and where a guild is gonna claim.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

You can't place anything until a castle is actually claimed in that zone afaik.

Anyone looking to play land baron will need to know when and where a guild is gonna claim.

Ah well that's dumb. I thought you could just drop your plots, and then hope your guild is the one that claims that slice of land (or the guild that does, doesn't set the tax rate at something ridiculous).

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I assume that the pirate guild is on west so that's what I added it as. Let me know if I need to change that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thank you, friend

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Is that the pedo pirate guild?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Information for Something Lawlful has been added to the OP.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 28, 2014

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Your name is going to be my new gaming snack, I will eat my way to enlightenment.

Also, yes.

^^^thanks.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Chocolatebuddha posted:

Also known as the "but it didn't happen ina merica" guild

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I don't know who the point of contact is for the Pirate guild so I just assumed SCT would want everyone's messages and can work with it. He's competent enough I'm sure he'll manage.

Chocolatebuddha
Oct 15, 2007

Sweet Deity!
Wool for Indulgences

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Customer Service will be the glue that brings all of us together and which will prevent this thread from being gassed.

ragnoxiii
Aug 24, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I don't know who the point of contact is for the Pirate guild so I just assumed SCT would want everyone's messages and can work with it. He's competent enough I'm sure he'll manage.

The pirate guild is not a West guild, they are Pirate faction which is red to everyone. And I don't think the leader is a goon, so really it's a pubbie guild.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ragnoxiii posted:

The pirate guild is not a West guild, they are Pirate faction which is red to everyone. And I don't think the leader is a goon, so really it's a pubbie guild.

I'll remove the west part but just in case anyone wants to join up with the goons that are there I'll go ahead and leave it. If anyone wants to own themselves by justifying the horrible drama that's been happening I've posted basically verbatim what Cowcaster asked anyone who wants to do that should, in fact, do.

Should take care of any problems and let everyone talk about the game which is kind of unique right now as far as MMO's go.

E: Made a separate section for pirate guilds.

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 28, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

ragnoxiii posted:

lol if you think that matters

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

lol if you think that matters

I stole your gimmick in the "other" thread but it didn't go as well as it did when you did it :(

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Widestancer posted:

I am

Edit: Just checked the OP, looks good man thanks

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll update the OP then!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
From what I understand, Customer Support is basically the entire pirate faction now. They all banded together under one guild to accomplish stuff more effectively since there are barely any of them. So if you go pirate on Aranzeb your options are join Customer Support or get hosed. No idea how they feel towards people that just want the titles, or how difficult it would even be to get the the titles without joining them.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Oct 29, 2014

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

ruffz posted:

I caught onto this scam as soon as I noticed that things like Milk and Lemons would be going for less than half of their normal rate. With anything that seems abnormal I take 10 seconds per item and make sure the rate for large stacks lines up with the quick listing amount. In other news, I've hit the loving RNG jackpot and have got 2 Thunderstrucks in the last 24 hours from my Solzreed farms. Now to decide if I want to grind out the 250 gildas for a fishing boat, or get a farm wagon after farming some Auroria mats next week.

Well yeah but I'm saying apart of that's a thing you have to watch out for it's also a thing that can profit you "greatly" when you do. Beat them at their own game.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Secret to big dick illegal farming:

Go to the zone border of an unreleased zone.
Climb something tall nearby
Fly to the border, drop the glider and use drop back across it.
You should have bypassed the dangerous creature error message.
Run a long way past the draw distance so other people cant see your farm
Plant 1000000 cherry trees

The error message occurs in a narrow band between zones and triggers based on time spent in the error zone. Passing through it very quickly wont trip it. Its about 4 drop backs wide.

This game is really good guys, this stuff never happens in bad games

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fauxtool posted:

Secret to big dick illegal farming:

Go to the zone border of an unreleased zone.
Climb something tall nearby
Fly to the border, drop the glider and use drop back across it.
You should have bypassed the dangerous creature error message.
Run a long way past the draw distance so other people cant see your farm
Plant 1000000 cherry trees

The error message occurs in a narrow band between zones and triggers based on time spent in the error zone. Passing through it very quickly wont trip it. Its about 4 drop backs wide.

This game is really good guys, this stuff never happens in bad games

do you think people ever get banned for this, or not really

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What should I do at level 20 if I have 20g?

Seems like I can't do anything fun til 50, except quest, which is fine, but not tremendously fast to level.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

do you think people ever get banned for this, or not really

of course they do, thats why you do it on a throwaway account that you log out at the farm. Use the disposable mailboxes and never stay logged in unless you are actively farming.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Widestancer -- thanks for everything putting together the new OP and taking submissions. I have found the guild information to be accurate and fair, especially information involving various pirate guilds. Well done.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
oh is there more than one pirate guild now?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

oh is there more than one pirate guild now?

what

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kimsemus posted:

Widestancer -- thanks for everything putting together the new OP and taking submissions. I have found the guild information to be accurate and fair, especially information involving various pirate guilds. Well done.

Of course! If you or anyone else ever has anything they want added to the OP just lemme know :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Spent the last 4 days playing Beyond Earth and I come back to a gassed thread. Awesome.

What is the exact time the servers will be up on 4/11 for Auroria? I play on Oceanic time, so I'll probably need to take a day off from work if I'm going to participate.

I've been able to make some nice bank by buying Arcane Conqueror gear off the AH, upgrading it to Illustrious for under ~50g, and then selling the result for at least 100g profit. It's slower than fishing and is vulnerable to the whimsies of the market, but it hasn't failed me yet.

It has allowed me to buy 2 pieces of Arcane Magnificent gear and 2 pieces Heroic Magnificent and I don't have to fish so I'm happy. Now all I need is to run GHA several hundred more times so I can get heroic version of the leather gear, which never seems to loving drop. Everyone on Oceanic primetime is either too lazy to run GHA, or we can't find a healer.

• Locked thread