Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just over a week, all. I got some skins in the oven and the poppers should be ready (properly cooled after cooking so you don't burn yourself) so dig in. What are you most looking forward to in the new Binding of Isaac game, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth?

:siren: I am making a chart of all the poo poo items in this game. AVOID theSE ITEMS!!!!!! :siren:

UPDATES:
6 November 2014 - Hook Worm added.
11 November 2014 - Cursed Eye added.
14 November 2014 - Bob's Brain added.
24 November 2014 - Mom's Toenail & Orbital Tears added. Updated images for Cursed Eye & Bob's Brain. Introduced color coding. Added Thank Yous!! section. Fairport added to Thank Yous.

If you find any more lovely items, post a screengrab of the item and state your case!!! You will be added to the thank yous!!

Daikatana Ritsu fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I didn't think The Binding of Issac was very good because it was very imbalanced and luck-based.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

gay skull posted:

I didn't think The Binding of Issac was very good because it was very imbalanced and luck-based.

That's what makes it fun.

It's possible to win no matter how bad the RNG is. You just gotta get good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im gonna download it onto my vita and never play it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

gay skull posted:

the DLC really messed up the balance, imo.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I want to see the shopkeepers various expressions and I hope they added more of them.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm really excited for Co-Op and the ability to save and continue.

Also, new rooms and bosses.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I would be a lot more excited for this if Nicalis wasn't handling it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its probably gonna be broken poo poo cuz its made by nicalis

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I hope that this isn't bad and that it ends up being a fun game. That'd be good for gaming.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i picked up BoI on steam when it was like 74 cents so now the remake is $5 off

lookin forward to it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I liked it for what it was, and beat it a few times. Heres hoping the new one has some good co op

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

I hope that this isn't bad and that it ends up being a fun game. That'd be good for gaming.

It certainly would, but as previously mentioned Nicalis has a bad track record so I wouldn't count on it sadly.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Aren't they just publishing it and it's still the same dude that made BoI doing all the work?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Aren't they just publishing it and it's still the same dude that made BoI doing all the work?

yeah

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

That's good.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

According to Wikipedia they are "helping" with the development.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Silver Striker posted:

I would be a lot more excited for this if Nicalis wasn't handling it.

elf help book posted:

its probably gonna be broken poo poo cuz its made by nicalis

lol if you know the names of every who-gives-a-turkey videogame developer/publisher, and their history. congratulations on being the cancer killing games. enjoy your AIDS.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
newgrounds poop game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*adjusts lovely glasses w/made in china on the side of them* hermm, well i WAS excited before happening upon the wiki, wherehence i found the developer is none other than HammichPaunch from Ottawa, Canada. pass.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Cyra posted:

newgrounds poop game

thanks for your input Tails' Butthole Guy

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol if you know the names of every who-gives-a-turkey videogame developer/publisher, and their history. congratulations on being the cancer killing games. enjoy your AIDS.

yeah, except this specific one is known for how lovely they make ports/games ect, and a wise rear end gamer learns (nerd and LJN much?). Christ synthy grow up

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

How do you gently caress up something like this though?

Like, I can't see how. I'm gonna stay excited.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

yeah, except this specific one is known for how lovely they make ports/games ect, and a wise rear end gamer learns (nerd and LJN much?). Christ synthy grow up

apologies for refusing to be part of the mentally ill "everything is terrible including myself" gamer culture, but i like to play games before judging them.

like i said, enjoy your AIDS. lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gamers Cryers Club

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Widestancer posted:

How do you gently caress up something like this though?

Like, I can't see how. I'm gonna stay excited.

Yeah. This can only be better than the original BoI. Have you seen some of the item interactions? gonna be so good

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Dexters Secret posted:

i think the truth is somewhere in the middle

I think it's a cheap enough game and enough people are gonna play it that we'll know pretty quick if it sucks or not. I don't mind being one of the people who tries it out since I enjoyed the first one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
full disclosure: both my wife and I have earned platinum god multiple times

I've put 500 hours on it and I think she has put 700 hours

so, you know, take that as you will

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

the new art is uglier than the old retard ugly flash cartoon poopy baby art

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*poops in my diapey* let us all hail the cult of ignorance!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

List of people who will disappear from this topic once The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is Vinny Caravella's GOTY 2014:

• Silver Striker
  • elf help book
  • WORST FORUMS GUY
  • conceitedguy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hopefully they won't disappear

hopefully, like all gamers should, they will enjoy video games they think are fun and play and talk about their video games of choice such as binding of isaac rebirth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

What are the new item interactions like? I've had this thing preordered for awhile since I really enjoyed the first one but haven't looked much into it.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

I don't know who vinny caravella is. lol at you knowing the name of every weirdo game culture person and their history!

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

is that one of the giant bomb morons

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

conceitedguy posted:

*poops in my diapey* let us all hail the cult of ignorance!

The irony here is delicious.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ritsu is really cute tho.

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

i don't know if i dig the sort of shadow the hedgehog 'do she has going in that pic tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

ritsu, and moogie: probably the best keions. thoughts?

• Locked thread