Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

polish sausage posted:

Uuuuh so just FYI, The game makes you join a patpicon from a list of various cities. apparantly this will be the town your fighting for in pvp, and i guess the server you'll be on? It's also a "paid service" to switch. sooo yeah maybe we should get some consensus on what place to roll on if we are gonna play together. I just picked the Houston Patpicon since thats the closest city I live near, but I can change if need be. Kind of outta left field for me though.

I joined New York since I'm east coast and if this also determines matchmaking (does anyone know?) I figured I'd want people in my timezone. It's all guesswork at this point. The gamecode arrived at some point during the night and I started the download when I woke up. It's 1.5GB or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

DrManiac posted:

Any goon impressions yet? I was excited for this but heard middling things from people who imported the Japanese version.

So far the game looks really really deep. I have been through the character creation and the first few missions and have been realllly impressed with what I've seen. I love the grappling hook and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. I'm going to try to delve deeper at lunch.

Also, to change Panopticons you need to pay cash money on the PS Store. Not sure how much but I am regretting not joining the Iceland Panopticon now.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Awesome! posted:

e: lol that home panopticon change dlc is $2

that's dumb. I still want to do it because I'm stupid and hate money.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Static Rook posted:

Isn't that "DLC" just for changing your "home" city you pick at the beginning of the game? At least wait until some real stuff shows up to waste money on like me. Hello, extra $20 left in my PSN Wallet from Paypal funding, my anime slave shall be the grandest of all!

It is, but I picked NYC because it was just the closest timezone. I'd rather be in Iceland. :3

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got a couple missions under my belt and I'm really, really enjoying this. I like the artstyle, and the gameplay. My one complaint though is that after playing hundreds of hours of MH3U on the wii u with the pro controller it's a little cramped playing a game like this on the vita, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

Agreed. I just unlocked the whole manufacturing stuff and it blew my wig off. There's a lot to this game.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Awesome! posted:

the taking of 5 or more steps within the containment cell contravenes the state directive on freedom of prisoner movement in leisure hours. penalty: 10 years.

i cant stop owning myself please help me percy

It's kind of funny and in keeping with the fiction that a) you have amnesia and have no idea you're violating all of these petty stupid laws literally every 5 steps or if you lie down (!) and b) does a good job of mimicking a wacky police state that has evolved to a high level of arbitrariness in 100000 years to the point where no one knows the rules anymore except the robots.

Great game. Super interesting so far.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
I finally unlocked Quick Travel. This game is a lot more story-driven than I thought it'd be (so far anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

animaCartographer posted:

With guns my first target is always weapons. so if they have rocket launchers, machine guns, laser cannons, I aim for those first, mainly for parts but also to get rid of their most dangerous stuff. My sniper has about 1.2k damage on it (I'm also Code 5 at this point) so I can just take pot shots at it, but with a machine gun I assume it takes longer. I recommend rushing upgrades on stuff you like, I haven't personally farmed for stuff yet but I would say do it if you feel your stuff isn't up to par.

with my polearm I tend to lock on to the shoulders and neck, and if they have the shield piece that is instantly my first target. My basic set up is grapple, air attack, grapple, repeat till out of thorn meter, but that is most likely not the best way to do it. I also tend to use the light attack charge where I throw it like a javelin, that sometimes staggers them, but its best when they fall over and you can just skewer them from head to toe literally, as it hits multiple times as it goes through them.

If you use the binding thorn (the red one) the 2nd level charge is really good when you need something to just stop moving, just note that all thorn charges lv.2 have a cooldown timer.

Great info. This will help a lot. Thx

• Locked thread