Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty excited to play this tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Txn posted:

Nice. I like the multiplayer in these games but my internet connection is complete garbage so I get disconnected at random times. The worst was in God Eater 2 since every five seconds it asked me if I wanted to connect again.

that was happening to me with toukiden until I put my vita in my router's dmz. you try anything like that?

e: lol that home panopticon change dlc is $2

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Oct 28, 2014

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i entered my amazon code a couple hours ago with no problems

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i havent tried downloading or installing it yet. it's in my dl list like normal though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

1.20 patch notes: various new features, other issues addressed. :laugh:

somehow i have no one in my activity feed with "is playing freedom wars for the first time"

add me you bastards. Super_Aggro_Crag

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lmao +20 years for saying "i think i might just pass on all of this" at the beginning. game already epic

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the taking of 5 or more steps within the containment cell contravenes the state directive on freedom of prisoner movement in leisure hours. penalty: 10 years.

i cant stop owning myself please help me percy

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i wonder if the citizen's voice thing is ever going to say anything

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ugh just had the game crash on me after completing an optional mission and before saving. first crash I've seen so far.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the abductor ai feels better to me than monster ai in most hunting games too. usually it feels like the monster is just going through his attack patterns and I'm beating on him and there's not a ton of interaction between the two. in this the abductors seem like they really react to what I'm doing as I'm fighting. If I go for a drag down he is probably going to look at me and try to rush me. if I'm clinging to his shoulder he is probably going to try to shake me off. if I break out his civilian and run off he's going to chase me. it feels like I'm fighting an actual thing rather than attack patterns dressed up as a monster.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Emalde posted:

On the same topic of that, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/715590-freedom-wars/70458067 this thread outlines some of the oddities with weapon manufacturing/modification.

It's a good thing, because I was getting genuinely frustrated with how it seemed to be serving up random diablo-esque bullshit garbage which is not what I want in my hunting titles. :(

on the one hand that seems like an awful lot of bullshit to go through for a weapon. on the other hand, MH has 1% bullshit drops that are horrible to farm too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

at the mission start screen when you're sitting in the transport hit square

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sakurazuka posted:

Enjoying the game when I actually get to play it but I'm convinced I've been running around and talking to people in the hub for an hour now just to get access to a new mission.

there was one section around code 2/3 that was like an hour+ block of storyline bullshit and cell garden sneaking and i wanted to kill myself but I'm in code 4 now and the storyline sections are much shorter so hopefully they stay that way

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

MH style games can be pretty divisive so it's hard to say whether you would like it or not. does the idea of fighting one huge monster for 10+ minutes appeal to you?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lost my accessory for the first time in the code 4 optional with 2 of those tiger things. I ended up completing the mission (with 5 stars) but didn't get the accessory out of the tiger before the timer ended. now the special reclamation mission has a higher difficulty than the one I lost her on :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Count Bleck posted:

She probably hated you anyway.

:colbert:

wow. incredibly rude.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Penis Vanguard posted:

At least he didn't insult your waifu.

you're right. i hope this troll doesn't find the senran kagura thread :sweatdrop:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Emalde posted:

Press Select when highlighting the mission. If you've completed it, it lists all possible enemies and resources you can gather.

for some reason the resource list for a few missions doesn't wrap properly to the window and the list runs off the edge of the screen. still useful since it's not a widespread thing

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

I'm still pretty early but it's actually easier to die than in MH I think (sans g-rank bullshit) but since you can get revived by your partners it's not a big deal.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do the npc shield users ever do anything useful with their thorn power? they seem useless compared to the binding and healing thorn npcs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Muffinlord posted:

I really wish the PA chatter was in English. Or subtitled. A crawl at the top of the screen wouldn't be so bad. I mean, I know it's all fluff, but I love fluff.

same. percy is my friend and i want to know what he's saying

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

those random part name things seem to mostly come from abductor parts you blow apart and pick up so make sure you're taking them apart as much as possible before they die

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i appreciate some free customization dlc but the weapon and item packs are laughable unless you're still in your first hour of the game. not even going to bother cluttering up my dl list further with them.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

actually a brachy pallium isn't looking too terrible right now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if i could change anything about the game it would be to reduce the bullshit trash mobs. I just did an optional mission that was going well until I told my people to grab the last citizen and they stopped killing sinners and poo poo and enough spawned to wipe us out before they got the citizen to the thing. it was like an unending tide of bullshit and I lost 4 lives in about 3 minutes and my accessory got captured.

ive never played a hunting game that focused so much on the trash.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hey to get the day's missions you need to update the citizen's voice, what a great excuse to start putting some kind of content in there :v:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Penis Vanguard posted:

you don't even get out of your cell.

hosed up

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats in the code 7 exam? i dont like when i cant take my accessory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU