Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Are there options to edit/rename your character or accessory after creation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I just tried an optional mission in Code 5 and spent more time reviving people than attacking before deciding to just give up. I guess you're supposed to save the optional ones for later, but I've done all of them up to this point so it caught me off guard.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do I need to mash really hard on the sever QTE or does hitting it at a decent pace count?
Pretty sure it's like the drag move, where the faster you can hit the button the faster it works. There's a reusable item called Flare Knife that you can get from the black market shop (think it's 1000 EP) that boosts your sever speed - you have it selected and use circle to begin the sever move instead of triangle.

There's also an improved version that you can get from mission 5-7 as a bonus for minimal Accessory downtime, which is why I was trying to do that mission, but I'll have to wait until I've got a little better gear.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I've been more-or-less keeping up. I think the people I took into the mission were at level 4-5 equipment. Part of the issue was that it's against two big abductors, one of which is the spider one that spins around constantly, in a slightly-cramped space.

Right now I'm constructing some augmentations to hopefully at least keep myself alive a little better, and then when I've got a few people up to level 5-6 equipment I'll have another go.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

animaCartographer posted:

Just noticed this item today when I noticed I could sever with my pole arm. Does anyone know if they get used up or degrade? From what I can tell I dont think they do.
I've been using mine a lot in every mission and it hasn't broken yet, so either it doesn't at all or it lasts long enough to more than get your money's worth.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Meowjesty posted:

The one with the spider thing and the gryphon, yeah? I used the scatter command and had a pair of NPCs kill the spider while I and Marie took out the gryphon on the other side of the map.

Still took foooooorever. Wish the npcs knew to jump onto the pull down command like real people do.
Thanks for this, I hadn't noticed the scatter command before. I managed to finish the mission, with six stars too, but my Accessory died a lot and I didn't get the bonus, so I'll have to try again.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I managed to get the bonus for 5-7. I pulled one of the abductors to the opposite side of the map and the other one sat still, so I could fight them one at a time with a full team.

It wasn't worth it though - you get 15 of them, but the Flare Knife+ is not reusable like the regular version.

Really Pants posted:

Is there any way to grind for years/EP? I don't think I'm very far at all yet; I just finished hauling the space waifu out of purple jail and watching everyone get their asses kicked by a flying tiger.
You can redo missions, just with a lower reward in sentence reduction than the first time around. You may have to do that for EP at times if you aren't going for the required entitlements first.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Really Pants posted:

Flare Knife severs feel like they take longer than light melee. Am I just imagining things?
Yeah, I think the regular Flare Knife is actually just there so you can sever without having to carry a light melee weapon into every battle, rather than as a superior way to do it (except the FK+, I imagine, since those aren't reusable).

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

There's a mission in Code 6 with the same pair of abductors, except it's after you do a warmup round against some other enemies. At least it's in the open desert map.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Count Bleck posted:

When do I get punch weapons I want to punch robits.
Pretty sure you don't - at one point Marie says that you need a special license to use them, and there aren't any more available, or something like that.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Any tips for completing mission 7-5? Those chains are kind of ridiculous, especially when everyone gets sucked into a single location and they just keep running you over as soon as you get up. I know you break the sections of the main body to keep the chains from respawning, but I only managed to get one off before running out of lives.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Arro posted:

Biggest tip for the chains is to bring a lot of flash grenades, there are more that spawn in the area, also set your ai to suppress personal they should then start targeting the chains a lot more. If people still have issues with the fight jumping onto the irc channel and asking for a hand is a safe bet, I am usually on during AEST times.

Also a tip for getting to the abductors head sever point. Getting above the abductor either by terrain or jump latching onto its head and jumping from their usually gets me into the right spot to start severing.
I managed to finish it last night after looking at a youtube video of someone else doing it. Take an assault rifle and missile launcher, use the AR to take out the three shields right away. Then, as often as you can and have ammo, grapple up to the giant ball and use the AR on it point-blank. Use missiles when you're out of AR ammo, and when the chains start to be more of a pain run into the shelter and hit them with more missiles (bringing AMMO packs helps) then go straight back to AR on the ball.

The first couple times I tried it I was going about it like I do with abductors, trying to break all the parts, and I was getting one or maybe two of the boxes broken before the chains just overwhelmed me. I probably lost out on some components this way, but now that I can try it again without having to also redo 7-3 and 7-4 I'll probably go back for some.

Also, the Last Leg augmentation is super handy. A lot of times when I've been knocked out I end up dying right as someone is trying to revive me. The augmentation takes 3 points, I think, but it boosts the time limit from ~5 seconds to ~10, which really helps you conserve Sustainability. Especially when chains keep ramming into everyone trying to revive you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Just about burnt through all my resources and I haven't managed to manufacture a single rarity 8 weapon. (Yes, I am using level 8 weapons facilities.)

My PSN name is ValerianK

Edit: Anyone know of a good mission to grind for manufacturing components?

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 2, 2014

• Locked thread