Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I got this game last month as a gift and I'm having a blast with it so far, certain situations with the AI pathfinding notwithstanding. I just passed the CODE 7 exam and I'm moving on up. A quick question about element types, though. Is it better for the weapon to be focused in one element or is spreading them out a viable option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I really dig this dumb chainsword, so I guess I'll try hunting for a good base as an Ice weapon. I like the assault rifles and autocannons, but which one would be better in terms of getting Electricity active? I figure it'd be the autocannons since they shoot out a lot of rounds, but I'd think they'd balance that and have the chance of procs be lower to compensate.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've been playing this regularly but I just got back into classes and poo poo, so it's going to be limited to the weekends for the most part. I do recommend finding a partner, but last time I tried online, the netcode was weird. Also, if the host hits a snag, the whole group gets DC'd, so that's something to watch out for as well.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I'm not too worried about getting the best of the best for the time being (been down that road before), I just want to get all the entitlements related to gearing out my AI partners since I usually go alone and no one joins my rooms at the times I'm on. I ran into this really geared out dude whose spear made quick work of those loving dragons. I take it spears are the best when it comes to melee attacks? I'm not planning on jumping ship to polearms, but I guess it'd make some sort of sense.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
That joyous feeling will stop once you hit about CODE 6, so make sure you get a partner to tag along with you. I mean, I'd be playing with friends all the way wherever possible, but you'll really appreciate the extra help in the late-game.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

I don't know if it's a mistake or what, but there are shitloads of Retributions in the special ops rotation right now.

I just got a bunch, too. I thought it was from meeting a bunch of people from a lot of different 'Cons.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is it just me or is the battles kind of hard without a full group? I just got to CODE 2 and I feel like grinding out the manufacturing thing is easier than the missions.

Maybe I'm just not upgrading my weapons enough?

Also what about all these items on the field, are collecting the harvesting points worth it, or should I just dash to complete the mission as fast as possible?

Also citizens are loving cunts, stop running away and stay where I put you assholes!

Also, is any of the paid dlc worthwhile?

Yeah, running with a group of 4 is always the best plan unless they tell you that you can't.

Upgrade every once in a while. It helps a bit, even if your weapon's base stats are poo poo.

They're pretty important, but depending on where they're at, you can just tell your Accessory to fetch them for you.

Running into a wall forces them into a fetal position, though whether or not that's a good idea is up to you.

I've never paid for the DLC, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Really Pants posted:

There are some (awful) missions where the game will tell you that you have to go solo, and you can't bring your Accessory. You can still do those in co-op with three other people, though.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, the good thing about this game's MP is that, even with the run-of-the-mill players, everyone's competent enough to get by without dragging the group down. At least, that's my experience with it a few months ago, so I'm not sure what you'll run into now.

• Locked thread