Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm not gonna lie this game seems like it would tide me over until March and MH4G upon which I'll drop it and never look back. How are the 'big' abductors? Do they look cool? Are they fun to fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Asking this again for a new page:

Pierson posted:

I'm not gonna lie this game seems like it would tide me over until March and MH4G upon which I'll drop it and never look back. How are the 'big' abductors? Do they look cool? Are they fun to fight?
For a comparison I really enjoyed God Eater for the level of customisation and weaponry and the sound and graphic design made it really feel like big strikes hurt and that I was doing real damage. Similarly, I really, really disliked Ragnarok Odyssey for the fact that none of the floaty combat felt like it had any impact or weight. Does it sound like I'll enjoy Freedom Wars?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Crunchy is a pretty good description of what I like in my hunting games. Sold.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm at CODE2 and the only problem I have with this game so far is that the camera turns into absolute garbage if you get too close to a target, which is kinda of annoying but I can live with it if it means I get to grapple onto giant golden robo-arm missile launchers and pry the missiles off one by one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Eponymous posted:

Can anyone confirm that you eventually get the ability to remove modules? I read that somewhere.
I got a popup that said you could when I started the game for the first time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
PSN: Pyreson

At one point I think I was actually above 1mil due to loving around in the prison for too long.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I do feel eight bodies moving around is a little much. Accessories as NPC partners to replace missing humans like in God Eater would have been better, as it is sometimes it's kind of hard to see what the hell is going on between the camera and the interchangable NPCs running around.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man it is kind of annoying how the list of field resources that a resource points can be seems to be gigantic for every mission. I want to make Baby's First Spear but getting the items I need seems like a total crap-shoot when the list of field resources for even CODE1/CODE2 missions is a dozen-plus items. Is there any way to narrow that down? I've not even touched the crafting system yet aside from just upgrading weapons because I just can't make anything except the absolute most basic rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The ludicrous sentencing reminds me of Known Space, which was a universe a lot of Larry Niven's stories took place in. At one point in that earth's history organ replacement technology became so advanced that the death penalty was given for increasingly smaller crimes in order for organs to be harvested, until in one story you had a guy being locked up and executed for jaywalking.

• Locked thread