Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kuai posted:

Woops just got a couple of big story plots spoiled. Maybe I should just play witcher 3 all day :negative:

I'm probably going to avoid reading anything outside this thread until I'm done with the story. How long is that supposed to take again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They said as long as the ARR main story.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

DRK weapons gallery: http://imgur.com/a/6UN9G

Till the sea swallows all! :black101:

I like that they took the time to go back and make 2.0 primal versions of all the weapons.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Truga posted:

You'll get that when you get your HW code with your game.

I already got my HW code because I bought on steam.

Are you saying with the steam version you have a circle for heavensward, or just that you can see the code in the steam client?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The Flame Lieutenant's Claymore is basically the Buster Sword. The other flame weapon also looks less like something you would slice someone with, and more something you would brutally beat a man to death with.

And of the two named swords, I would guess Arondight is the relic weapon. What with it being the sword of Lancelot and Ishgard having a bit of a Knights of the Round thing going on.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

They said as long as the ARR main story.

Is that 2.0 only or all the way up to 2.55?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
In case anyone else is a cute newbie and is wondering, if you buy the game you do "lose" the remainder of your free trial (your 30 days starts immediately) and if you buy game time or use a GTC, it gets tacked on to your 30 days.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

vOv posted:

Is that 2.0 only or all the way up to 2.55?

vOv posted:

I'm probably going to avoid reading anything outside this thread until I'm done with the story. How long is that supposed to take again?

All the way through the very last quest of 2.55. Every single MSQ.

For reference, I'm new and doing as little questing as I can outside the main story. I play story quests until I'm level gated, grind a dungeon, then go back to the main story. I think I've played maybe 20-30 hours and I'm at level 36. Some of that is leveling a secondary quest for a job and doing some of the sidequests to unlock poo poo.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Flame elites guillotine guess I'm going hunts :negative:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Flame Lieutenant's Claymore is basically the Buster Sword. The other flame weapon also looks less like something you would slice someone with, and more something you would brutally beat a man to death with.

And of the two named swords, I would guess Arondight is the relic weapon. What with it being the sword of Lancelot and Ishgard having a bit of a Knights of the Round thing going on.

Isn't there a Paladin sword that looks EXACTLY like Arondight? If so, man I hope not because that's a really boring look for a weapon.

I'd hope it's Balmung instead because that sword actually looks pretty good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Man, not looking forward to having to run dungeons for another 5ish ilvl and then run keeper. Everyone's gonna be leveling and it'll take way too long.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
arondight is the soldiery weapon because you can see, right above it, "weathered arondight"

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

A considerable number of those weapons look like PLD swords that got stretched out.

On the other hand, most of the ones that don't look that way (and a couple of the ones that do) are pretty :krad:

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Kuai posted:

Woops just got a couple of big story plots spoiled. Maybe I should just play witcher 3 all day :negative:

Do you mean 3.0 plots or regular 2.0 MSQ?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Hopefully normal are not too gear dependent? Otherwise enjoy not getting a piece of gear unless you full clear it quickly.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Klades posted:

A considerable number of those weapons look like PLD swords that got stretched out.

On the other hand, most of the ones that don't look that way (and a couple of the ones that do) are pretty :krad:

The Arondight's base model is LITERALLY the Balmung only bigger.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Now that I have a forced break from running around mindlessly doing stuff and can take a step back and think - was there a canonical reason for why there's a bunch of imperials and magitek stuff just chillin in Midgarsormr's lair?

This is an odd feeling. I was already going to immediately switch over to MCH without knowing anything about it, but now I'm... really really going to switch? This moveset is dope.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Klades posted:

High Allagan great sword looks pretty baller. :radcat:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

psymonkey posted:

Now that I have a forced break from running around mindlessly doing stuff and can take a step back and think - was there a canonical reason for why there's a bunch of imperials and magitek stuff just chillin in Midgarsormr's lair?

Those Imperials were trying to salvage parts from the crashed megaship that Midgardsormir wrecked.

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Omnicrom posted:

The Arondight's base model is LITERALLY the Balmung only bigger.

Literally Burtang*. Balmung is a greatsword, from the Primal Focus weekly.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Fat_Cow posted:

Do you mean 3.0 plots or regular 2.0 MSQ?

People are datamining 3.0 story quests and the like.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Those Imperials were trying to salvage parts from the crashed megaship that Midgardsormir wrecked.

Ahh ok, cool. I kinda glossed over the cut scenes around that point thanks :)

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Man, not looking forward to having to run dungeons for another 5ish ilvl and then run keeper. Everyone's gonna be leveling and it'll take way too long.

If you're a fresh-ish 50 all you need is the 375 poetics to get one i120 right side and that should give you more than 5ilvs. Convert your soldiery. If there's any first time dungeons left that should get you 80 or so and main scenario roulette will get you 120. It's not great but it shouldn't take too long to get to ilv90 so you can do keeper. Crafters can help too if any are online (and hopefully willing).

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I registered my Collectors Edition from steam. Heres my account status:

Still waiting for my physical copy of PS4 HW to be delivered so I assume i'll get the key with it. I don't see an option for registering it anymore though. Is it registered elsewhere?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Where's the datamined story? I like reading spoilers for this game because anime is hard for me to follow and pay attention to.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

I don't know, does your character get to shoulder throw Omega Weapon, jump onto it as its falling, and slice it to tiny pieces as tutorial boss fight?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The serpent elite sword is literally the greatsword of artorias :darksouls:

Orabilis posted:

I don't know, does your character get to shoulder throw Omega Weapon, jump onto it as its falling, and slice it to tiny pieces as tutorial boss fight?

Friendly reminder that the monk and dragoon ironworks head items are literally raiden's faceplate from revengeance

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jun 18, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

when do we get the freakin GUNS

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao can't wait to get my Twintania as soon as I log in suck it non-referrers.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

sword_man.gif posted:

arondight is the soldiery weapon because you can see, right above it, "weathered arondight"

Balmung will be the Heavensward Relic for DRK, most likely.

And of course it's Balmung, because of course it's Balmung

Hellioning posted:

If you're running with goons on Excal, you may be able to pull a few folks away to help if you mention you're trying to clear for the story. Some of us are happy to help folks get to expansion content.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, people on GAF and Reddit are getting upset because someone spoiled a raid boss. I've never seen people get tight about MMO content spoilers before.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

rip perfect dodge

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Richard M Nixon posted:

In case anyone else is a cute newbie and is wondering, if you buy the game you do "lose" the remainder of your free trial (your 30 days starts immediately) and if you buy game time or use a GTC, it gets tacked on to your 30 days.

The 30 days for buying the game is yours to keep for buying the box, though I think you can end your free trial account time early if you put a code in before the two weeks is up, however it also gets rid of the litany of trial restrictions.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

Balmung will be the Heavensward Relic for DRK, most likely.

And of course it's Balmung, because of course it's Balmung

It isn't. The 3.0 patch notes refer to Balmung as one of the weapons added to Aelina's inventory. It's the DRK Primal Focus weapon.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Thumbtacks posted:

rip perfect dodge

Manawall got the same nerf, seems like they decided "100% ignore a physical based boss mechanic" was too good.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Several friends already signed up for this and when I found out it was too late to RAF them. If I'd even just gotten a couple of them I'd have a Twintania mount waiting for me. :negative:

Fister Roboto posted:

It's neither, it's an "additional job".

They have to fall under one or the other for equipment purposes though. It's a lot easier to flag them as DoW/DoM than manually add their job flags to hundreds/thousands of pieces of gear already in the game.

Fister Roboto posted:

gently caress yes token loot.

What, you didn't like farming T11 dozens of times for your gloves? :v:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Immortal Flames gets a Zweihander. Suck it other Grand Companies.

e:

Boogaleeboo posted:

The Flame Lieutenant's Claymore is basically the Buster Sword.

It's the Hard Edge actually. :eng101:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Look, people, there's one important question that still hasn't been answered yet: What does the Ironworks Greatsword look like, and on a scale from piddlyaxe to R A I L G U N B O W, how dope is it?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Dang, people on GAF and Reddit are getting upset because someone spoiled a raid boss. I've never seen people get tight about MMO content spoilers before.

That particular raid boss spoils the entire story of HW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Just be careful about not repeating the name here, then, I suppose.

Has anyone datamined yet how far into HW we have to get to unlock the new jobs? I'm beginning to think I'm gonna go straight to DRK instead of doing the MSQ as a DRG because I am hopelessly indecisive. :(

• Locked thread