Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
I like Kyle Orton.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
N: Arizona and Detroit currently control the NFC's first-round byes.

V: lol Go Lions, Go Cards (except in three weeks)

YMB
Nov 8, 2009

in an unceremonious way

C-Euro posted:

And the Bills are the 6th seed in the AFC, somehow holding tiebreakers over the Ravens and Steelers! The NFL is cool sometimes.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

C-Euro posted:

I really want either the Lions or the Cards to be the NFC Super Bowl representative this year, I don't know why. So Go Lions and Cardinals!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Weekly visual representation:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Atticus Finch posted:

Weekly visual representation:

Those playoff games look awesome. And not just because the Eagles get to play the Panthers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yo that biased rear end graph doesn't have the Hawks taking #1. Lol what a nerd.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

axeil posted:

Those playoff games look awesome. And not just because the Eagles get to play the Panthers.

If you want to play a below .500 division winner in the playoffs, it's your funeral man.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ozymandius1024 posted:

If you want to play a below .500 division winner in the playoffs, it's your funeral man.

My god...is that Greg Hardy's music?!?!?!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Bengals have a very real possibility of going to their fourth straight playoff game. That seems like an oxymoron somehow.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

ozymandius1024 posted:

I would, sample size of one be damned.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Ravens have sent the Bengals/Ravens OPI call to the NFL offices.

John Harbaugh posted:

"It was a great play," Harbaugh said. "I think it shows great heart and talent and effort. It says a lot about Joe [Flacco] and Steve [Smith] and the offensive line that they could make a play like that. It was one of the greatest plays I’ve ever seen.

"That’s how I feel about it," Harbaugh said. "What else can I say? I’m proud of the guys to be able to make a play like that at the end of the game. It says a lot about who we are going forward."

Here's the call in question:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
In slowmo replayed 20 thousand times, yeah it's probably not an OPI.

But in real time game speed I dont see how anyone could tell the difference.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
From the side, it looks like definite OPI. From the front, it barely passes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I mean I tend to believe that Smith really did push pretty hard because Iloka had his eye on the ball and could have trivially batted it. The idea that he was banking on OPI would be like betting your house 9:10 odds on the Raiders winning it all this year.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Atticus Finch posted:

From the side, it looks like definite OPI. From the front, it barely passes.

Guess where the ref was standing.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Eifert Posting posted:

I mean I tend to believe that Smith really did push pretty hard because Iloka had his eye on the ball and could have trivially batted it. The idea that he was banking on OPI would be like betting your house 9:10 odds on the Raiders winning it all this year.

I agree, it's really hard to imagine Iloka thinking that his best play was to take a dive and hope for one of the game's rarest penalties to be called on an extremely important play. He might have just lost his balance I guess, but I think there was enough of a push there

At any rate there is clearly contact, whether it forced Iloka to the ground, so I don't know why the Ravens would contest the call like that

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't OPI if Smith didn't have a history of freakishly strong stiffarms

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What does sending a call to the NFL office do?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

I agree. I really don't see the situation being "I could jump for this ball with Steve Smith or I could hope for a penalty". I think there was enough contact for OPI, but the front view is what I'm sure they will want to focus on because it's a lot more forgiving.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Earns you a free Make Up Call in a future game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It was a lovely call but not worth reviewing. It's easy to see that it looks a lot more serious from the side than the front and that's what the ref was seeing. I do think the guy flopped, just because it was a dumb decision to do so doesn't mean he didn't make that. But the call isn't bad to the point that it's 100% phantom bullshit. But it still should not have been called in my unbiased opinion.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

sweet thursday posted:

Can't we affirmative-action some white guys into the sack column

Kerrigan got to rack up 4 trash sacks against the Jags and still isn't in that list :lol:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No one is getting traded but rumors are fun.

@NFLSTROUD
#Bucs will consider offers for two former first-RD picks: RB Doug Martin and S Mark Barron as trade deadline approaches.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Stay classy, Redskins!

The "The USA Today" Today posted:

The Washington Redskins won a stunning overtime game over the Cowboys on Monday night, but the end of the game was marred when Redskins Senior VP of Communications Tony Wyllie forcibly stopped ESPN Deportes reporter John Sutcliffe from interviewing Washington QB Colt McCoy.

After yanking McCoy back, Wyllie pushed the QB past Sutcliffe toward the locker room, then turned and shouted back “No means no!”

Great choice of words on top of the domestic violence lawsuits, too! :downsbravo:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It was loving OPI jesus christ John Harbaugh is the biggest loving baby alive

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Goetta posted:

iawtp

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

panthers cut a bunch of lovely dudes and signed a bunch of lovely dudes.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

The Ravens have sent the Bengals/Ravens OPI call to the NFL offices.

Here's the call in question:

From both angles it looks like he grabs the jersey and that's PI every drat time so I don't understand what the appeal is about.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

panthers cut a bunch of lovely dudes and signed a bunch of lovely dudes.

How did you get a hold of RaidersFreeAgencyStrategy.docx

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Stay classy, Redskins!

Great choice of words on top of the domestic violence lawsuits, too! :downsbravo:

Uh sorry dude this is actually awesome and hilarious
https://vine.co/v/OMOzKe75Kdn

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

They're keeping true to the "no more" campaign, dick. :colbert:

Video!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

LET GO

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

A Pale Horse posted:

From both angles it looks like he grabs the jersey and that's PI every drat time so I don't understand what the appeal is about.

Yea, I don't know how you can see that and think it's NOT opi.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Goetta posted:

Harbaugh is always complaining about someone doing us wrong. That's one of the few things he and Billick share in common.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Colt looks like he has no idea where he is.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
"Looks like"??

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I had no idea being a prodigious drunk could be stated so tactfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Colt what do you think of this big win tonight"

"WELL I'M REALLY HAPPY TO END MY HIGH SCHOOL CAREER ON A HIGH NOTE AND GET STARTED WORKING ON BEATING THE SOONERS, HOOK EM"

• Locked thread