Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Didn't the 49ers draft a bunch of injured ex-1st round projects in 2012/3 like Tank carridine and Lattimore? Did any of them turn out

Yeah, Tank was the other one. He looked really good in preseason, but he's on the depth chart behind Ray McDonald and Tony Jerod-Eddie. He hasn't seen much playing time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
N: from the Steelers locker room; the younger Steelers players call James Harrison Deebo (from the movie Friday)

V: lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

N: from the Steelers locker room; the younger Steelers players call James Harrison Deebo (from the movie Friday)

V: lol
That's been his nickname for like 10 years.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
N: https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/529033982864658432

V: :mmmhmm:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How in the wide world of sports are the Carson Palmer Cardinals 7-1? I haven't seen any of their games. Please explain.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

guggs posted:

Looks like Lattimore is going to retire: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/529272889737240576

Shame.

Sad story etc. but another wasted 49ers pick like LaMichael James

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NC-17 posted:

How in the wide world of sports are the Carson Palmer Cardinals 7-1? I haven't seen any of their games. Please explain.

Palmer isn't making mistakes and their defense owns.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

They also have a good RB and nice WR corps.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Marcus. :smith: Such a huge, huge loving shame. Glad the 49ers were willing to give him a chance anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NC-17 posted:

Probably because Bruce Arians is a good coach despite what steelers fans will tell you

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

African AIDS cum posted:

Eh, there are worse things than wasting a fourth rounder.

Like wasting a first and fourth third rounder.

Dirt Worshipper fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 3, 2014

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Double post.

I'm hoping Carradine gets some play time at some point this season, Dial too, I can't imagine why they haven't at least gotten some rotational play time.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

Probably because Bruce Arians is a good coach despite what steelers fans will tell you

Steelers fans wrong about something? Why I never! :monocle:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

That is my favorite part of the Cardinals success. Steelers fans spent years talking up how bad Bruce Arians is and were so happy to be rid of him 3 season ago. And since that time, he's gone 26-10 when you include his interim coaching in Indy.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

w/t

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eagles will be fine with QB B. Fumble. Chip Kelly's system will be overrated to the point where people will proclaim, "it works with any QB!!!" except Matt Barkley because he's bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RapSheet
#Dolphins versatile S Michael Thomas is out for the season with a chest injury, source said. Big loss in nickel & special teams.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

African AIDS cum posted:

gently caress you.

Sad that he had to retire, but it was for the best. I rather he goes on to live a better life then to try to keep going.

I wish Tank would get some play but this staff is basically a mess right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

@RapSheet
#Dolphins versatile S Michael Thomas is out for the season with a chest injury, source said. Big loss in nickel & special teams.

That sucks...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Looks like Ryan Mallett had a regret-tweet

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/11/texans-backup-qb-mallett-tweets-hes-staying-focused-just-waiting/#28074101=0

quote:

I’m staying focused for when the time comes…seize the opportunity #justwaiting

— Ryan Mallett (@Ryan_mallett_15) November 3, 2014

He later deleted it and tweeted out

quote:

Ryan Mallett @Ryan_mallett_15
Don't misinterpret my last tweet. I'm not calling to be the starter. Frustrations of losing. I play my role. ... http://tmi.me/1eQKeS

#freemallett

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I think Danny Gorrer got released by the Lions and I'm really hoping the Ravens swoop in and sign him.

also

Sour Diesel fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 3, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sour Diesel posted:

I think Danny Gorrer got released by the Lions and I'm really hoping the Ravens swoop in and sign him.

also

Joe "Metrosexual Frankenstein" Flacco owns

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So presuming the Lions remain 1 game back of the Cards after next week's games, next next week's game between the two will be for 1st place in the NFC. Who saw that coming?

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

axeil posted:

So presuming the Lions remain 1 game back of the Cards after next week's games, next next week's game between the two will be for 1st place in the NFC. Who saw that coming?

The Lions aren't going to beat the Miami Wrecking Ball Machine of Death.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

axeil posted:

It's gonna be tough for me to decide who to root for in that one. In the NFC North I really can't stand the Packers anymore these days so I want the Lions to win that division. But my 2nd team has always been the Cardinals, so I should be rooting for them. Thing is I'm cool with both the 49ers and Seahawks and if the Cardinals do lose it's no big deal. So who do I go for? I can't decide.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Shocker:

quote:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Packers announced a multi-year contract extension for HC Mike McCarthy.

Also:

quote:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Adrian Peterson and his reps have been in ongoing talks to reach a plea agreement that could be done as early as Tuesday, per sources.

So once that happens, we'll see how long Goodell suspends him for. I honestly would be surprised at Peterson taking a plea bargain if there weren't already some behind the scenes talks about him being able to play this year. Here's hoping I'm surprised!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Doug Whaley showed up at a Bills fan meeting in Los Angeles last night to watch football and shoot the poo poo.

A guy there transcribed some of what he said:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172744-doug-whaley-joined-la-bills-backers-to-watch-games-this-morning/

quote:

First of all, what a great guy. Just as you would imagine. He just introduced himself to anyone who walked up to him as "Hi, I'm Doug." No pretension whatsoever. Really impressive guy.

He didn't say anything I was really surprised by. The most interesting thing was he said Orton at practice is yelling at the receivers, and told them if they weren't trying and open in practice he wasn't throwing to them in the game. And they all smartened up quick. That was great. Which led him to say that EJ tries to please everyone and is too nice, and any leader in any business has to be a dick sometimes, and EJ isn't at that point yet.

Other tidbits:

Loves Robert Woods, couldn't stop talking about him.

Thinks it will be hard to re-sign Spikes. Really wants to re-sign Hughes but has no idea how it will go. Agreed that if they look at it as paying the front seven instead of four, it can be rationalized.

Loves Aaron Williams and that was the reason they didn't try harder to re-sign Byrd.

Said Mike Williams trade thing really was all his agent but he's not happy he's not playing. He wouldn't bite when I challenged him about Williams, Watkins and Woods are better than Hogan. I couldn't read him on that. But we talked about him getting the four guys Watkins, Williams, Woods and Goodwin who all do different things well and it hasn't worked out that way. He also said that they didn't know they would be able to get Watkins when they got Williams so he went from being thought of as a #1 guy to kind of 2a.

Loves Preston Brown. That's why they won't overpay for Spikes, who will probably want a good contract and to play three downs.

Wants to upgrade TE but like everyone, knows they aren't a lot of good ones.

He does not particularly like New England or any of Massachusetts. Ha. That was pretty funny.

He loves living in Buffalo and said it's a known fact around the league that players hate coming to Buffalo and then hate leaving it.

Definitely building the Bills after the Steeler teams that he grew up with. Then said they couldn't take the next step until they got Big Ben.

He spends four to five days a week on the road scouting, he's visiting five different schools in five days this week. Talk about how college coaches will let him know when a player of theirs is trouble, without ever saying it. Mostly because they have to do the same thing with high school coaches about players they are recruiting.

He doesn't like Jameis Winston as the face of a franchise at all.

Loves Kiko obviously, who he says is healing fast.

Said when they were looking for a coach, him and Buddy and Overdorf and Russ got together and came up with an idea of what kind of guy they wanted, before they started talking about any specific guy. And they started with didn't want a retread, wanted a young guy who could be there 20 years, wanted someone out of the box, wanted a tough guy, and they liked Marrone because he fit every one of their criterion. Which would also explain them wanting Chip Kelly who also fit all of them.

Said the only time he was ever nervous at a game was visiting Oakland because he was scared walking through the parking lot. Ha.

He wanted the Dolphins to lose but understood both sides of the argument.

Seems like a good dude.

Go Bills!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DangerKat posted:

Shocker:

Also:

So once that happens, we'll see how long Goodell suspends him for. I honestly would be surprised at Peterson taking a plea bargain if there weren't already some behind the scenes talks about him being able to play this year. Here's hoping I'm surprised!

He'll almost certainly plead down to a misdemeanor at which point Goodell has been totally in hiding for a month, they won't even suspend him.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hahaha of course

quote:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen stated on NFL Insiders that it's "very possible" Adrian Peterson returns to play for the Vikings this season.

Mort initially reported the Vikings had essentially washed their hands of A.P. Per Mortensen now, the team is "softening" its stance.

Minnesota reject your garbage team and weep

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
News: Travis Kelce, a TE who stands on the sidelines 50% of the time, is the Chiefs leader in receptions, rec yards, rec TDs. Jamaal Charles led the Chiefs in all 3 categories last year.

Views: Being a WR on a Reid-coached team must be a terrible career turn

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NC-17 posted:

Winning a lot of close games, probably unsustainable but it got Seattle a Super Bowl last year so I'm sure Cards fans aren't complaining.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

News: Travis Kelce, a TE who stands on the sidelines 50% of the time, is the Chiefs leader in receptions, rec yards, rec TDs. Jamaal Charles led the Chiefs in all 3 categories last year.

Dwayne Bowe sucks and everyone not named Dwayne Bowe is sub-replacement level

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Doug Whaley showed up at a Bills fan meeting in Los Angeles last night to watch football and shoot the poo poo.

A guy there transcribed some of what he said:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172744-doug-whaley-joined-la-bills-backers-to-watch-games-this-morning/

Seems like a good dude.

Go Bills!

I'm really happy the Bills new owner seems like a cool dude. Bills own.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

Imagine how giant Kelce's stats would be if he played on the Packers, Falcons, Lions, or any pass heavy team.

Once Bowe gets cut next year he'll probably revert back to his 2010 form.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

yep. Although this is the first time since the Dick Vermeil/Trent Green/All-HOF OL/Tony G/Priest days that the Chiefs have a consistently decent to good offense so I'll take it, however it is done. I am bored but satisfied, I guess.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
N: Redskins suing Native Americans over trademark dispute:
http://www.people.com/article/redskins-suing-native-americans-offended-by-name
V: :lol:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
An Andy Reid offense tends to be productive in a very ... un-flashy way. Tight ends are suddenly the most dangerous men on the field.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Intruder posted:

Looks like Ryan Mallett had a regret-tweet

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/11/texans-backup-qb-mallett-tweets-hes-staying-focused-just-waiting/#28074101=0

He later deleted it and tweeted out

#freemallett

This is the most white bread tweet delete ever.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Azhais posted:

N: Redskins suing Native Americans over trademark dispute:
http://www.people.com/article/redskins-suing-native-americans-offended-by-name
V: :lol:

I want very bad things to happen to Dan Snyder.

quote:

Judge Gerald Bruce Lee suggested during a hearing Friday that it would be unprecedented to dismiss the team's lawsuit against five Native Americans who complained about the name to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. 

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Sour Diesel posted:

I'm really happy the Bills new owner seems like a cool dude. Bills own.

Whaley is their GM, I thought? Or did I miss something in link?

• Locked thread