Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Pron on VHS posted:

yep. Although this is the first time since the Dick Vermeil/Trent Green/All-HOF OL/Tony G/Priest days that the Chiefs have a consistently decent to good offense so I'll take it, however it is done. I am bored but satisfied, I guess.

I'm still a little unsettled/unconvinced. The Chiefs drives the last few games have been efficient, but they're crawling down the field. I'm just waiting for a good defensive coordinator to figure them out and once that shoe drops, they'll look like a late era Jets Sanchez team.

I hope I'm wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

Whaley is their GM, I thought? Or did I miss something in link?

He's the GM, yes

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Bowe is good and I want him to do well but he never will here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Doug Whaley showed up at a Bills fan meeting in Los Angeles last night to watch football and shoot the poo poo.

A guy there transcribed some of what he said:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/172744-doug-whaley-joined-la-bills-backers-to-watch-games-this-morning/

Seems like a good dude.

Go Bills!

Excellent info, surprised at how open he was if true

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Whaley is their GM, I thought? Or did I miss something in link?

Ah, then I'm just retarded.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

Dwayne Bowe sucks and everyone not named Dwayne Bowe is sub-replacement level

So basically the Andy Reid Eagles prior to T.O.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Azhais posted:

N: Redskins suing Native Americans over trademark dispute:
http://www.people.com/article/redskins-suing-native-americans-offended-by-name
V: :lol:

I keep reading the comments on articles like these... why do I do this?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Intruder posted:

I am subscribed to a twitter feed that every few hours sends me a reminder never to read the comments.

It's a blessing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Intruder posted:

Because you like to feel pain to remind yourself you are alive. :v:

I shouldn't talk though, because I wanted to set the internet on fire the farther down I kept reading those comments.

Wish there would be extensions more than just for youtube to block out comments.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Cool so Demeco Ryan's did his achilles in, and just got put on IR, and Foles fractured his clavicle and is out for 6-8 weeks. Just lost the QB of our offence and the QB of our defence. They are going to be replaced with Mark Sanchahah. I... I'm sorry, Mark Sancheh heh *ahem* Sanchez. And Casey Mathahahahahaha I can't ahahahah I just.... I'm sorry. I just can't

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bring Donovan McNabb out of retirement

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Bring Donovan McNabb out of retirement

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

nrr posted:

Cool so Demeco Ryan's did his achilles in, and just got put on IR, and Foles fractured his clavicle and is out for 6-8 weeks. Just lost the QB of our offence and the QB of our defence. They are going to be replaced with Mark Sanchahah. I... I'm sorry, Mark Sancheh heh *ahem* Sanchez. And Casey Mathahahahahaha I can't ahahahah I just.... I'm sorry. I just can't

With luck, Foles could be playing again in 6 weeks, but the Eagles already had their bye and so he probably won't be back before week 16, at the earliest. I think it took Rodgers 6 weeks w/the same injury last year.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Hahaha of course

Minnesota reject your garbage team and weep

Oh gee I wonder why it's softening.

Please be less transparent, Zygi.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

With luck, Foles could be playing again in 6 weeks, but the Eagles already had their bye and so he probably won't be back before week 16, at the earliest. I think it took Rodgers 6 weeks w/the same injury last year.

Yeah, but when you think about it, he might actually be done for the season regardless of when he comes back. If Sanchez actually wins enough games to get us into the playoffs, then it's going to be tough for chip to bench him for Foles considering the rough start he's had to the season. If Sanchez sucks, then we're not sniffing the playoffs anyway, and having Foles back by then won't matter.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Azhais posted:

I'm gonna make billions suing everyone in America after the trademark office turns down my application to trademark "Shitdick Cuntfucks."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like Seattle will have 6 or 7 people back from injury next week:

quote:

Center Max Unger, who has missed the past four games with a foot injury, "should definitely be back," according to the Seattle head coach. Defensive tackle Jordan Hill (ankle) and cornerback Jeremy Lane - who is eligible to come off the team's short-term injured reserve list - should be ready to play this Sunday against the Giants.

On top of Unger, Hill, and Lane, Carroll said strong safety Kam Chancellor (groin), left tackle Russell Okung (calf), cornerback Byron Maxwell (calf), and linebacker Malcolm Smith (groin) also have a chance to return this week.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

seiferguy posted:

Looks like Seattle will have 6 or 7 people back from injury next week:

I did't realize Seattle had so many defensive injuries

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

some comment posted:

Politically correct or not, the native Americans should see it as an honor to have their heritage recognized in some form

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That doesn't even list Bobby Wagner, who must still be out next week. They got hit hard.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lane coming back is huge, he should push Maxwell for a starting spot hopefully. Maxwell has been pure poo poo.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Legion of Who? Has some truth to it last couple months

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Azhais posted:

I am beginning to think these people may actually deserve the Kirk Cousins, Starting QB/Colt McCoy Backup QB experience.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Spoeank posted:

That doesn't even list Bobby Wagner, who must still be out next week. They got hit hard.

Wagner is out for the forseeable future with turf toe. Same with Zach Miller. They avoided serious injury last year, but this year it bit them. Against the raiders they were playing with 13 of 22 starters. Things should start to look up as they get healthy, assuming there arent any more big injuries. James Carpenter sprained his ankle against Oakland, but it's unclear how long he'll be out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

holy poo poo that whole body wag

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The new Call of Duty looks weird

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Isentropy posted:

I am beginning to think these people may actually deserve the Kirk Cousins, Starting QB/Colt McCoy Backup QB experience.

Why would they deserve watching Colt McCoy defeat the Cowboys in Dallas? :shobon:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Look at that waggle. :unsmith:

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Giants fans/NYers, what are my chances of getting a ticket off a scalper at a non insane price if I head out to MetLife stadium tonight? I had a friend in Seattle who said she used to get tickets super cheap at the Clink after the game had started. Scalpels were just looking to get anything for them. Anyone got any experience with trying that out here? I've got nothing else to do with my night, it's worth a shot.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every team in the AFC north has a positive point differential.

The last place team has a higher PD then the other 3 combined.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Just found the Lauren Hill basketball player story after reading about Devon Still's eye black, man, that is a really moving story

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

You have no idea how supremely annoying it is to finally claw out a winning record and the other teams in the division stay good.

Someone HAS to implode right?

It'll be the Browns

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens have a head start on you.

Kalli posted:

Kubiak's system can wreck with a lead. From behind... not so much.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers waived Derrick Sherrod. Guy couldn't come back from his horrific leg break.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Flikken posted:

You have no idea how supremely annoying it is to finally claw out a winning record and the other teams in the division stay good.

Someone HAS to implode right?

It'll be the Browns

Whatever happens, we won't get the ideal situation of Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland all making the playoffs, edging the Steelers out preferably by some manner of arcane tie-breakers.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ravens have a head start on you.

Kubiak's system can wreck with a lead. From behind... not so much.

Kubiak panics and it's like watching someone thrash around in quicksand when he's down by 2 scores.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

TubeStank posted:

Packers waived Derrick Sherrod. Guy couldn't come back from his horrific leg break.

Seahawks seem almost obligated to check this guy out. If he's capable of playing inside there's no way he's no an improvement on the left side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

TubeStank posted:

"You were a first round pick, man!"

RIP Sherrod.

• Locked thread