Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
honestly i dont personally see the point, you get like five of the things playing the game so its not enough to level up so are there people out there who are swapping cards back and forth or actually spending gabemoney for it

they should make like a steam tcg with rare cards like the gaben card that eats (LOL) other cards or like a crowbar card something cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

You either get them for free from other people or trade them with other people to get little badges or you sell them for steam wallet money and then use that during steam sales.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

it's people essentially paying like half a dollar to use a smiley on steam chat isn't it?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have a tengu badge

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I did for a bit but now I have the coolest possible steam background (Plague from the Crusader Kings II collection) so I no longer do so.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
almost all the smileys are worthless except the one that is a weed leaf and that one is worth like 10 bux

the game that its for is like 20 but its poo poo

you could buy actual pot with the cost of the smiley

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skeleton King posted:

almost all the smileys are worthless except the one that is a weed leaf and that one is worth like 10 bux

the game that its for is like 20 but its poo poo

you could buy actual pot with the cost of the smiley

Uhhh, :guardian: is very epic.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
collecting them is stupid as gently caress. I like 'em though because during steam sales when dlc is like 2 bux I can basically get it for free by playing my games and selling the dumb cards to rubes on the internet.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I usually end up crafting the badges of the games that I really like by selling the cards I get from the games that I don't care for. This happens almost exclusively during sales.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Gimbal lock posted:

I usually end up crafting the badges of the games that I really like by selling the cards I get from the games that I don't care for. This happens almost exclusively during sales.

I do this, as well. My friend collects the smilies and he has a ton of them and I'm actually somewhat jealous because he has some really cool ones.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Wormskull posted:

Uhhh, :guardian: is very epic.

could you describe via text how epic it is i need to know

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's a guardian angel, whom looks after you in times of duress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i have a little famicom cart emote

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Wormskull posted:

It's a guardian angel, whom looks after you in times of duress.

*cracks knucks, and squats down to the ground*

alright, im in time to get trading

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
I just wish the weed emote wasn't so expensive. I just wanna spam pot leafs in chat but hell if im payin like thirteen dollars for that.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
itd be nice if the booster packs weren't ridiculously rare. I've gotten a whole one booster pack ever.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

i have ~25bux in my steam wallet from selling cards and csgo cases from this summer alone and im sittin on it til the winter steam sale cuz im smarter than the average gamer :chord:

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I did for Spelunky for the background and the sick chat emote of the Spelunky guy jumping.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I have a ton of them. Check out my Steam level:
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/bonzibuddy64

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
:shelterfrog: is the best emoticon

steam cards are cool cus you can get free steam money

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

itd be nice if the booster packs weren't ridiculously rare. I've gotten a whole one booster pack ever.

You gotta craft badges to increase your drop rate. It's tied to your steam level.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

ForeverSmug posted:

You gotta craft badges to increase your drop rate. It's tied to your steam level.

Wait, what the gently caress is this? They've turned Steam itself into a game now?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been hoarding my booster packs, waiting for the sale so I get the lovely limited edition sale cards when I make a badge instead of coupons.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

during the summer sale when crafting a badge dropped a summer card I was making money crafting badges

Dec 26, 2012

MondayHotDog posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is this? They've turned Steam itself into a game now?

man you are behind the times if you think this is news

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
i craft badges to increase my level because even though i haven't played wow since high school the fact i did play through the entirety of high school has broken me utterly so now i need to make every level go up as high as it can go and make my numbers bigger than my friends.

like i don't even know why i keep making badges i'm already 10 levels higher than almost all my friends. i did get one of those retarded foil cards once when playing EUIV, sold that and bought sons of abraham dlc with the money, that was pretty cool.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
making numbers get bigger is one of life's little pleasures

it's why sometimes you need to scracth that jrpg itch

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

01011001 posted:

man you are behind the times if you think this is news

I just use Steam to buy and play games. It was just a month or two ago I found out I'd been collecting these things called cards and I could sell them to morons and use the money to buy actual games.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Rare JPEGs gently caress yes

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I do not.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
i sell them all for pennies until I collect enough pennies to have a few dollars for a game.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Minrad posted:

i sell them all for pennies until I collect enough pennies to have a few dollars for a game.

I'm Canadian and what's a penny?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
That coin u guys got rid of because your currency became too inflated

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I sell them sometimes. That's about it.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

MondayHotDog posted:

Good lord you are a loving normie.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Silver Striker posted:

Is that some kind of slang for someone who doesn't :f5: imp zone all day long?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I got three when I got Beyond Earth and thought it was DLC I got for preordering. gently caress you Firaxis, gently caress you Steam wtf is this poo poo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Silver Striker posted:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I got two pretty cool backgrounds from people who let me craft their cards, so I guess that's the biggest reward I got in recent times.

...Oh, I also sold off a ton of trading cards and got copies of both Rayman Legends and Astebreed. The former I refuse to play due to Uplay, the latter I consider to be one of my top five favourite titles that I have on Steam as of the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I have like 50 cards. I should sell em for a 5 dollar game.

• Locked thread