Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
that looks strikingly close to the aluminum heatercores in discos. they're cheap too.

I might still have some of those fans like that on a shelf too. If I haven't thrown em away you can have em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The heater core from the Lexus is copper and we bent the poo poo out of the tubes on it, but it's a cheap fix.

I'm down for some free fans. Price is right. :D

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

:lol: dat ride height, tho.

I can't wait to see this when you're done. Put a 1UZ in it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
December was a wash: we got a cage in it, and then everyone was out of town and stuff. This weekend is going to be cold, but I'm going to start painting the cage. I'm almost in 2k into this thing, and the list of things I've purchased is all over the map.

quote:

Used RPF1 + Conti Slicks
Gas (~15.5 gal)
Rotella T6 + Distilled water
Pizza
LS400 Calipers + Spare Fuel Tank
Hubs, LCAs + UCAs
Harbor Frieght: Gloves + Tarp + Misc
Target: Storage Bins
Harris Teeter: Dry Ice
Used Racetech RT4009HR
Trunk pins + Paint + Respirator
Harris Teeter: More Dry Ice
NRG Quick Release 3.0
Rotors + Pads

The pricing on front brake pads for a 1995-2000 Lexus LS400 are hilarious. Hint: it cost you more to register your account here than it does to buy new brake pads for a V8 luxury sedan.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Pretty much any luxury sedan has some hilariously cheap parts. Then there are they hideous expensive parts.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I've no doubt they just piggybacked some sort of Hilux/Taco brake hardware onto it.
Fake edit: nope, common to Camry/Celica.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The second gen LS400s have fixed calipers, so the pads are just rectangles that slide in and out.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cage looks awesome.

That snap is loving perfect though. hahaha.

I still have yo fan fucker!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

cursedshitbox posted:

Cage looks awesome.

That snap is loving perfect though. hahaha.

I still have yo fan fucker!

TEXT ME

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't have your number, bastid.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Got a box from csb and made it look like I had been stabbed or something. A good week.

It looks so bad, so many runs. I don't give a gently caress.

doogle
May 24, 2003

Who did your cage?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

doogle posted:

Who did your cage?

Competition Cages, he's off of US-70 and NC86.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Overspray everywhere, idgaf

Should I get this checked out? It is kinda close to that time of the month, though..

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Two of my teammates put in the motor on Tuesday night. Wednesday night they hooked up all of the necessary stuff in the engine bay. Today they started on the wiring and managed to get it going. Had it running on 5 cylinders initially since we were trying to diagnose no spark... it sounded like an Audi briefly. Motor was out for 2 months, got it back in and running in 5 calendar days (2 full work days). Told him to fire it up again to get it on video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FacR9Xa9L70

I've been doing misc stuff like gutting the cat (kill me), removing the rest of the tar, and starting to work on getting our defroster set up. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
There's 2 or 3 other harnesses that aren't in that box.

Got the trunk buttoned up today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Awww job dogs are the best. Mine likes to walk around and sniff everything while I work. She's grounded from it right now though because she followed me into a storage space where her curiosity got the best of her and she fell into a bunch of blow in insulation :3:

• Locked thread