Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Can't wait for this whole season to be over so I can devote my full attention to the ISL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Can't wait for this whole season to be over so I can devote my full attention to the ISL

i think they just want to be called IS now??

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
I really, really hope Seattle becomes champion at last :allears:

Do the teams add stars to their crest in the MLS? They should :getin:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Zombie Chow posted:

All five long, hard, painful years Seattle has been waiting. Practically Cubs fans, you lot.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Zombie Chow posted:

Do the teams add stars to their crest in the MLS? They should :getin:

I know you don't really pay attention to other teams, but you just played LA twice and we have 4 stars over our crest that feature pretty prominently. Soon it's going to be 5 and maybe we'll go with a gold one, just to save space, you know?

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I know you don't really pay attention to other teams, but you just played LA twice and we have 4 stars over our crest that feature pretty prominently. Soon it's going to be 5 and maybe we'll go with a gold one, just to save space, you know?

:argh:

In all seriousness though, I hope the Sounders win just so I can see them play if they get in a CCL group with the Mexican teams. They played Pachuca once but it's kinda far.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Zombie Chow posted:

:argh:

In all seriousness though, I hope the Sounders win just so I can see them play if they get in a CCL group with the Mexican teams. They played Pachuca once but it's kinda far.

They already have a spot from the Open Cup.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Jesus Zombie Chow, stop giving the rest of the thread fodder, we don't need the help.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
What are the tifo plans for the upcoming games, anyone have any insight onto the supporters clubs? Should be some cracking setups for the playoff games.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Looks like FCD actually got some people to drive out to Frisco on a weeknight. Chippy match so far.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Earthy Ape Unit posted:

What are the tifo plans for the upcoming games, anyone have any insight onto the supporters clubs? Should be some cracking setups for the playoff games.

CATCALLING
IS NOT
A COMPLIMENT

With Garfield in a Sounder's kit kicking Odie off the table (it's symbolic)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Where are people watching this?

I do not have MLS Live.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Nybble posted:

I do not have MLS Live.

MLS Live. if you're not in Canada (TSN), I think you're hosed and will need to go to the pirate channel.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nybble posted:

I do not have MLS Live.

In a bar on my phone, with the sound muted so I can listen to the WS on the TV.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Nybble posted:

I do not have MLS Live.

Then, apparently, if you're not Canadian (TSN) or watching an illegal stream, you're hosed.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Blah. I think there's a reason that typing in "MLS" autocompletes to "mls 2015 tv deal" in my browser...

Off to look for :filez:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Where was this Mark Geiger on Saturday?

edit: ooof, close from Morales.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

MLS live stream died for a bit, comes back to show 1-0 Dallas, with a dead Dallas player on the ground. I didn't see the foul that caused him to go down, but I'm guessing it was typical Dallas bs flop

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Nice goal from Akindele but man what a bad time for a defensive breakdown. :cripes:

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

SeaTard posted:

MLS live stream died for a bit, comes back to show 1-0 Dallas, with a dead Dallas player on the ground. I didn't see the foul that caused him to go down, but I'm guessing it was typical Dallas bs flop

FCD has actually not flopped a ton in this game. Vancouver has been playing a little slow/behind, so most of the fouls seem spot on. I expect most of that is because Vancouver is playing away and are feeling the nerves.

Tesho's goal was sublime. Diaz is looking pretty refreshed too. But he should after missing like half of the season.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

I really think Teibert should have started instead of Koffie but I don't know if it would really have helped at this point, we have more problems tonight than one rusty DM. Oh, well, let's see what the second half brings!

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
drat, FCD is lucky.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I don't know if Vancouver is built to come from behind. We might be looking at the Seattle - Dallas nightmare. Or at least a pair of 5-2 scorelines.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
How the heck did Vancouver not poke that thing in.

FCD is still lucky.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

NOT LUCKY ANYMORE! :getin:

This is the weirdest loving game.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Hurtado!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Guys

I just realized something

Away goals are ON

Do they count right now

Because oh my god

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Guys

I just realized something

Away goals are ON

Do they count right now

Because oh my god

Not in this game. It will go to the extra 30, I believe. And PKs.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's ET and penalties.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
That Hurtado goal was hilarious. Kid plays a mean pinball.

I feel like the two teams are already resigned to penalty kicks.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

Mike Toole posted:

That Hurtado goal was hilarious. Kid plays a mean pinball.

I feel like the two teams are already resigned to penalty kicks.

And if that happens, it means neither team will really have a chance in the next round. Talk about being exhausted.

Both FCD and Vancouver should be going for it in the next 14 minutes or so.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Mattocks, really? Siiiiiiigh.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

Mattocks, really? Siiiiiiigh.

Darren Mattocks' family nearly got killed in the Ultras section, mainly because they walked in the middle of the section looking for autographs in a supporters' section in RFK, and then proceeded to start a fight with a bunch of Eastern European immigrants. Generally, a bad plan. gently caress Darren Mattocks.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
GEIGER'D

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

BALL TO HAND MOTHERFUCKER!

Bleh.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I don't know about that call.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Geiger loving sucks and supposedly he's the best we got

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
gently caress me

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't know about that call.

Mark Geiger is a lunatic like that. He'll call the most technically correct but practically horseshit calls I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Tough call. It's semi-reasonable though. He was trying to keep his arm and body sort of out of the way, but not well enough. He saw the ball and could have done more to let it bounce through, for instance. Tough call though.

• Locked thread