Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

It's a joke, he was referring to the colours of his boyhood club Inter Milan

what the

Hoover Dam posted:

Nothing, but when half the drat league is red and/or blue you like a little variety. They should no-poo poo make the Miami Beckhams pink and black, Palermo style.

This is fair, and they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I have a feeling we're going to have another RBNY on our hands. I can forsee a string of expensive, foreign coaches who have no idea how the league works and the club spending tons of money to be relevant and only after about 4-5 coaching changes will they get it somewhat right.

It's more like the Galaxy become RBNY to their respective LAFC and NYFC, since they aren't in LA just like RBNY aren't in NY and their new counterparts are much wealthier.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Unnamed new Atlanta team also has red and black (and yellow) as their colors.

And yet somehow there's still no claret and blue.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

Unnamed new Atlanta team also has red and black (and yellow) as their colors.

And yet somehow there's still no claret and blue.

The Crapids crest is but their uniforms aren't, it's strange.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's more like the Galaxy become RBNY to their respective LAFC and NYFC, since they aren't in LA just like RBNY aren't in NY and their new counterparts are much wealthier.

Please. People whine about 'not being in LA', but 'LA' is really like 20 cities and 2 counties. Carson is a central location to serve the Greater Los Angeles Area. The Coliseum sucks and is in a terrible location with horrible traffic. At least the Stub is located at the intersection of 3 vital freeways so you can get there from anywhere, barring the Valley, easily. Seriously, gently caress having to try and go downtown.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Hoover Dam posted:

Nothing, but when half the drat league is red and/or blue you like a little variety. They should no-poo poo make the Miami Beckhams pink and black, Palermo style.

Would legit cheer for them whenever not playing the Revs if they did this.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

silvergoose posted:

Would legit cheer for them whenever not playing the Revs if they did this.

Miami Vice chic.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Please. People whine about 'not being in LA', but 'LA' is really like 20 cities and 2 counties. Carson is a central location to serve the Greater Los Angeles Area. The Coliseum sucks and is in a terrible location with horrible traffic. At least the Stub is located at the intersection of 3 vital freeways so you can get there from anywhere, barring the Valley, easily. Seriously, gently caress having to try and go downtown.

We'll see if the Carson and Harrison are ideal locations arguments stand up soon enough

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Miami Vice chic.

Palermo is my Serie A team, you see.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
The coliseum has good sight lines for soccer but the place is falling apart.

So it'll fit right in is what I'm saying.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

^^Plus night games at the Coliseum will be fun.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

We'll see if the Carson and Harrison are ideal locations arguments stand up soon enough

In 3 years?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I know people grumble about using euro terminology but I like LAFC as a name. Definitely wish they had different colors, though, and not just bad cause they're my team's too.

I don't care about Palermo as a team or about Italian football in general, but Palermo has great looking shirts.

Edit: also read grant wahl saying the name was a working one and might change. I still like it though.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

guppy posted:

I know people grumble about using euro terminology but I like LAFC as a name. Definitely wish they had different colors, though, and not just bad cause they're my team's too.

I don't care about Palermo as a team or about Italian football in general, but Palermo has great looking shirts.

Edit: also read grant wahl saying the name was a working one and might change. I still like it though.

Well, yeah, I originally started following them because the pink shirts were amazing. Are amazing. Back up to top flight this year yesss please don't ask how they're doing.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This man is correct. One of the first things that attracted me to Galaxy games was the extreme ease of actually getting to them, relative to say a Dodger game or even an Angels game.

Also yes "Los Angeles" is much, much larger than just Downtown and the areas orbiting it.

Why does MLS think there is enough excitement about soccer in the LA area to sustain two separate teams when Galaxy games themselves are still dirt cheap to attend, relative to baseball games, and Chivas had to be retired? Not trying to be flippant, genuinely curious. I could see this being sustainable ten years from now if the Galaxy can keep expanding the fan base in the LA area, but right now it just seems weird and a little premature.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 30, 2014

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

threeagainstfour posted:

Why does MLS think there is enough excitement about soccer in the LA area to sustain two separate teams when Galaxy games themselves are still dirt cheap to attend, relative to baseball games, and Chivas had to be retired? Not trying to be flippant, genuinely curious. I could see this being sustainable ten years from now if the Galaxy can keep expanding the fan base in the LA area, but right now it just seems weird and a little premature.

Probably for a combination of the reasons they wanted NY2 and another Miami team: the Galaxy, like RBNY, aren't ideally placed to capture all of their market potential and it's arguable that given the size of LA/NY, no single team even could. And Chivas, like the Fusion, were done in more by their awful ownership than by any inherent failure of the market they were placed in.

Also, nobody wants the Galaxy to have a monopoly on SoCal academy kids, do they?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Carson is only good if you live in the South Bay. LAFC should move to the Valley to get that giant population.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

SeaTard posted:

Carson is only good if you live in the South Bay. LAFC should move to the Valley to get that giant population.

I'd be all for it. gently caress the Valley and everyone in it. Carmageddon was the greatest weekend in the history of LA transportation. We shut ourselves off from those cretins and we could get anywhere in the city within a half hour, no traffic. Once the roads opened up again, traffic tripled and accidents went up 800%.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Do we know when all the drafts are? By my count, there should be five (Re-Entry Draft, Expansion Draft, SuperDraft, Allocation Draft, and Dispersal Draft).

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

CaptainYesterday posted:

Do we know when all the drafts are? By my count, there should be five (Re-Entry Draft, Expansion Draft, SuperDraft, Allocation Draft, and Dispersal Draft).

Expansion Draft is December 10, I assume the re-entry will be around then too. Superdraft is in January.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Save pink and black for Las Vegas getting a team.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

CubanMissile posted:

Save pink and black for Las Vegas Calgary getting a team.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Alright the Fantasy Prizes have been sent! Expect them either Tuesday or Wednesday. I added this to the winner's prize:

Also, for next year, I'm adding a 'Supporter's Shield' for whoever finishes first in the league. It might literally be a Star Trek plate, but I don't know yet.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Did someone else claim my 1st Loser prize?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm an Orlando supporter now. Just wanted to post this before NY loses tonight.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I'm an Orlando supporter now. Just wanted to post this before NY loses tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHGCvJjat1E&t=22s

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

It's not that MLS feels there is enough excitement. That is completely missing the point. 20 investors across fields including venture capital, sports management, TV and film and on feel it's worth their time. Yea it'd sure be swell to have a team in poopyville Missouri or dumblefuck Texas but they don't have a multibillionaire investment group. End of story.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Alright the Fantasy Prizes have been sent! Expect them either Tuesday or Wednesday. I added this to the winner's prize:

Also, for next year, I'm adding a 'Supporter's Shield' for whoever finishes first in the league. It might literally be a Star Trek plate, but I don't know yet.

Hahaha this is awesome.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Green and orange are still relatively underutilized colors for teams in MLS. Orlando was really lucky that no one else was using purple and whoever grabs pink will have pretty awesome and distinct uniforms for no effort.

There being too many teams with red and blue is a usual sports league problem I suppose. I only hope that when the Revolution get purchased and moved to Boston they rebrand into something much more interesting, maybe green.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

SeaTard posted:

Yeah. I'm always amazed at just how far Carson is from the area I would consider "Los Angeles." The Valley would work.

Hell, maybe even Orange County.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
If we're gonna do unique jerseys, let's do it right.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Yeah. I'm always amazed at just how far Carson is from the area I would consider "Los Angeles." The Valley would work.

Hell, maybe even Orange County.

Go to their locations page and you'll see they have marked out 8 sites, 4 of which are farther away from 'LA' than the Stub, 2 are pipe dreams in that they are located in Beverly Hills and Hollywood Park(The Forum parking lot that Stan Kroenke owns), and the last 2 are the Coliseum and essentially Farmer's Field(which is an AEG joint). They ain't looking for no Valley.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I consider "Los Angeles" to extend from the ocean to Redlands and from the Grapevine to Camp Pendleton. What y'all choose to do between there is up to you.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

ShutteredIn posted:

Steve Zakuani is retiring at 26, good job Brian Mullan.
:smith: That sucks.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Should have moved LA2 to Sacramento imo

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Go to their locations page and you'll see they have marked out 8 sites, 4 of which are farther away from 'LA' than the Stub, 2 are pipe dreams in that they are located in Beverly Hills and Hollywood Park(The Forum parking lot that Stan Kroenke owns), and the last 2 are the Coliseum and essentially Farmer's Field(which is an AEG joint). They ain't looking for no Valley.

Hey, trigger warning that poo poo, I'm still bitter. :smith:

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.

Proposition Joe posted:

Green and orange are still relatively underutilized colors for teams in MLS. Orlando was really lucky that no one else was using purple and whoever grabs pink will have pretty awesome and distinct uniforms for no effort.

There being too many teams with red and blue is a usual sports league problem I suppose. I only hope that when the Revolution get purchased and moved to Boston they rebrand into something much more interesting, maybe green.

The next rebrand or the next new team should use stripes, like black and white, Juventus style, or black and blue, Inter style.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Zombie Chow posted:

The next rebrand or the next new team should use stripes, like black and white, Juventus style, or black and blue, Inter style.

Like Montreal?

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

we are pretty much out of colors I think they should get rid of the LA team because of this and give Sacramento it instead

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Bring back the red and white, Chicago. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Zombie Chow posted:

New England should switch their uniforms to green stripes like this IMO.

• Locked thread