Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Like Montreal?

Montreal is blue shirt, black shorts :v:

(I know they have a stripey third, but that doesn't count).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Zombie Chow posted:

Montreal is blue shirt, black shorts :v:

(I know they have a stripey third, but that doesn't count).

It should count, gently caress their solid BMO blue bullshit. Love the Italian homage

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Proposition Joe posted:

New England should switch their uniforms to green stripes like this IMO.

Make this the away at least ffs

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Seriouspost I'd be happy if the Rapids had stuck with green, suits our state well (well except the eastern plains, but gently caress those guys).

We also did the Inter Milan one season, that was kinda neat but eh, no real connection there.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Houston used up all the orange. All of it.

No one playing on grass should ever wear green.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

[Edit] ^^^^^^^^ Portland Timbers are just fine, thank you, but they need to use this years throwbacks as full-time home kits.

I second Palermo light pink and black for the inevitable Miami team. I'm not too shocked or saddened to hear that LAFC is red and black. I can only hope that LA2 doesn't turn into as big a mess as Chivas USA did.

And seriously, Montreal needs to use the Inter look full time. It's so much more distinct than their "San Jose with sponsorship" home kits.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Timbers don't play on grass though.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Fine, we could go yellow and be The Tricky Aspens. :colbert:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
yellow is the superior color in this league, so i agree

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I wish they would either stop giving Adidas the league-wide shirt contract or force the designers to make something interesting. KC's kits are good and cool and I want one that doesn't look the same every year.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

harperdc posted:

[Edit] ^^^^^^^^ Portland Timbers are just fine, thank you, but they need to use this years throwbacks as full-time home kits.

I second Palermo light pink and black for the inevitable Miami team. I'm not too shocked or saddened to hear that LAFC is red and black. I can only hope that LA2 doesn't turn into as big a mess as Chivas USA did.

And seriously, Montreal needs to use the Inter look full time. It's so much more distinct than their "San Jose with sponsorship" home kits.

I think black and red are just temporary colors.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Hello, I am warming up my seat in here.

If people would like my opinions on things such as Tyson Wahl being a bad defender, New England enjoying the satisfaction of huffing their farts, or why the MLS final will somehow be between LA and SEA, than I am available to have a chit chat.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm at Starfire today for the first time (lacrosse tournament). It does not look this small on TV.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

highme posted:

I'm at Starfire today for the first time (lacrosse tournament). It does not look this small on TV.

You're at the field next to the train tracks? It's tiny for sure, but I think it ends up holding about 4500 people when all full.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

highme posted:

It's tiny, but because of the craziness odd the beer garden I like it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

pretty sure LAFC will have red in their colors if only for the fact that Vincent Tan is part of the ownership

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

Popero posted:

Make this the away at least ffs

I kinda like this, because:
a) the green hoops would probably play well with the Stage Irish crowd that listens to the Dropkick Murphys and pretends that they still have relatives in Ireland
b) the green hoops would annoy the poo poo out of the many, many Celtic and Sporting CP fans who live here

Also, it would look neat and I'd probably buy one

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Adidas is a big gay fail shirtmaker and until they stop treating MLS as a brand showcase first and a kit design showcase second, the league will be a bunch of dishrag wearing motherfuckers regardless of color schemes.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Whoa whoa whoa. Do you guys not remember what Nike did with our kits? The Wiz, the Clash, all the Inaugural Season colors? Let's all remember those when we bitch about Adidas and boring poo poo.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Nike didnt pick the silly names and cool hosed up kits were the only good thing about the league for about 5-7 years (also the names are somehow worse now lmbo).

And the single league-wide kit deal is Corky from Life Goes On levels of 'tarded.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Nike did pick a bunch of the names actually

Clash, Mutiny, Galaxy were all nike names

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Whoa whoa whoa. Do you guys not remember what Nike did with our kits? The Wiz, the Clash, all the Inaugural Season colors? Let's all remember those when we bitch about Adidas and boring poo poo.

They can both be bad

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

ShutteredIn posted:

Nike did pick a bunch of the names actually

Clash, Mutiny, Galaxy were all nike names

I really like LA Galaxy as a name

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The two best parts of the road trip to RBA were the mystery man that put up NYCFC SEASON TICKETS ON SALE NOW complete with a working phone number in the away support section, and the awkward kid who requested a 7-on-7 rumble after the match while his friends looked on in horror as half a dozen street punks bucked up demanding to fight in the street.

I have pictures of both these things. Remind me

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Logan Pause is going straight from the field to the front office. He was just hired as vice president of the club.

That's a pretty cool move.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/11/03/real-salt-lake-officially-unveil-usl-pro-side-real-monarchs-slc-talks-about-

RSL got their Elders together and thought: How can we make our team name even more awkward and lame? And thus Real Monarchs SLC was born.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

damnit they need butterflies in their crests or some sort of illuminati reference.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hello Towel posted:

Logan Pause is going straight from the field to the front office. He was just hired as vice president of the club.

That's a pretty cool move.

It's actually terrible, and indicative of how low quality this league is that they can't attract people with actual sports management and business acumen. I dread DC giving Pontius or some other has-been a front office role, but it seems inevitable.

Let's not forget that Pause played soccer at NC, a school who from at least 2000 on was falsifying their courseloads for athletes and is on the verge of serious academic sanctions or potentially losing accreditation. So this dingleberry doesn't even finish college, majoring in butthole ceramics and now he's vice president of a franchise? Are there no power attorneys or people with real skill available in the entire Chicago metropolitan area that could take the job seriously?

I just looked it up and they don't even specify what he's a VP of. They already have 5 VPs:

Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales, Service, Operations and Marketing Mike Ernst
Vice President of Finance & Administration Pawel Szynalik
Vice President of Business Development Jeff Wagner
Vice President of Corporate Partnerships Jessica Worley
Vice President of Communications Doug Hicks

So what joke role does he have? VP of dirty laundry?

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 3, 2014

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

It's actually terrible, and indicative of how low quality this league is that they can't attract people with actual sports management and business acumen. I dread DC giving Pontius or some other has-been a front office role, but it seems inevitable.

Let's not forget that Pause played soccer at NC, a school who from at least 2000 on was falsifying their courseloads for athletes and is on the verge of serious academic sanctions or potentially losing accreditation. So this dingleberry doesn't even finish college, majoring in butthole ceramics and now he's vice president of a franchise? Are there no power attorneys or people with real skill available in the entire Chicago metropolitan area that could take the job seriously?

I just looked it up and they don't even specify what he's a VP of. They already have 5 VPs:

Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales, Service, Operations and Marketing Mike Ernst
Vice President of Finance & Administration Pawel Szynalik
Vice President of Business Development Jeff Wagner
Vice President of Corporate Partnerships Jessica Worley
Vice President of Communications Doug Hicks

So what joke role does he have? VP of dirty laundry?

Thanks for your input, Mr. Gekko.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Obviously his front office role is going to be very figureheady (and if it isn't then Shammy is right that it's Dumb As Hell but presumably those other 5 VPs have the "actual sports management and business acumen" field relatively well covered), but it's cool that Chicago are rewarding long-serving and beloved players like Pause with front office sinecures and nobody with a functioning human heart could object to this...oh dear lord have I cracked the code?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Moktaro posted:

Thanks for your input, Mr. Gekko.

When your team hires guys like Kurt Moresink to be lead scout, you'll change your tune.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

I could write a long response to whatever the hell that was, but this is easier:

:jerkbag:

e: seriously dude he'll just be a figurehead public face for the team

Hello Towel fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 4, 2014

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Hello Towel posted:

I could write a long response to whatever the hell that was, but this is easier:

:jerkbag:

e: seriously dude he'll just be a figurehead public face for the team

He's real notable. In two years a few people might remember him.

Grim2k3
Sep 13, 2007
Real life fake Ninja

He has the most appearances out of any Chicago Fire player not named CJ Brown, of course he's notable. Of course I didn't realize he was a UNC player which makes him an instance douche bag short busser, thank you for pointing that out, I can't believe I've been a fan of his for 12 years without knowing.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

this statement applies to pretty much every mls player so lol at your attempts at snark.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Orlando is going to have purple hoops, so that's rad.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ShutteredIn posted:

Orlando is going to have purple hoops, so that's rad.
It's shaping up to be a very nice look. Now if they would just go by something other than "Orlando City", which is just dumb and forced.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

It's shaping up to be a very nice look. Now if they would just go by something other than "Orlando City", which is just dumb and forced.

I'm not sure there is a real benchmark for "too dumb and forced" in the mls. I was going to make a joke about the league needing a "dynamo" team but forgot one already exists. Put in Borussia Pittsburgh and Zenit Minneapolis already.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I'm not sure there is a real benchmark for "too dumb and forced" in the mls. I was going to make a joke about the league needing a "dynamo" team but forgot one already exists. Put in Borussia Pittsburgh and Zenit Minneapolis already.
I hate those names too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Houston 1836 was great until people actually thought about it.

• Locked thread